Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Cracked Dragon Adopts - closed forever by .Secret.

Based on Click to view
Artist .Secret. [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cracked Dragon Adopts - closed forever

Postby .Secret. » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Cracked Dragon Adopts

General Information

Cracked Dragons have only recently opened and we are looking for artists, mods and an archivist. If you are interested in any of these three jobs check out our artist competition, or PM me.

Cracked Dragon Adopts were actually based off a character of mine who is atleast a (human) year old, who I named Shatter. Her entire left front-paw was made of diamonds. Freaky right? As soon as I work out how to actually cut the diamond paw (e.g. how to make a lot of flat surfaces into a paw-shaped thing) I will draw her on CS.

Description:

A Cracked Dragon (CKD) is a peaceful beast, and often resides near forests, rivers or lakes, though a few have been seen wandering the desert or wading threw a swamp. Cracked Dragons are often playful creatures now, loving the toys that humans have invented. But they still hunt for food themselves, and refuse to be completely tame.

Every Cracked Dragon has what we would call a birthmark somewhere on their body, and this birthmark's colour is always on the opposite end of the colour wheel according to it's base colour, the shape of the birthmark is a good indicator of what ability the Cracked will have. A Cracked Dragon can channel their power through the crystal on their body's different types of crystal can channel at different strengths.

Though, like all races there are always the defects.

A Brief History of the Cracked Dragons
(Optional Read)

The Crystal Dragons (or Cracked Dragons as they were later come to be known) existed centuries ago, living simply in forests on their base instincts. Yes, long ago these intelligent beings, much like ourselves, were nothing but what we would call savages. Yet it was their sudden consciousness of their actions, their abilities that frightened us.

As the Crystals evolved and developed awareness they started using the abilities given to them by Forgotten Ones (called so for nobody has a memory of them) for creation, shelters and fire, cooked food, things we had learned many years ago but the Crystals had only just begun to harness and use.

And then... They discovered deceit.

Lies became common, treachery blossomed and wars unfolded. We humans were caught in the middle. Our towns and villages were used as battlefields, burned, flooded or diseased. While the Crystals were trying to wipe each other out they were doing an excellent job of killing us off too.

It was then we decided to take action, and it was then that we entered their war. Us humans fought for days on end but even the most dimwitted simpleton could see that we were fighting a losing battle. So we called on help, from the very beings who gave the Crystals their power, the Forgotten Ones. Most had travelled across the seas to an unknown land,but not all of them, a few still remained. Coming out of hiding they agreed, with much reluctance, to help us humans even though we participated in many petty wars of our own.

And so the proud race of the crystal Dragons were imprisoned in the very stones that adorned their hides. And the last of the Forgotten Ones died, with no descendants who could free the Crystals. Or so they say.

The Crystals are now a broken and beaten race, when imprisoned in their crystal cages it was as it time slowed down and a single blink took many decades. Now around three thousand years later humans discover the long forgotten Crystal race and raid their tombs for the precious rubies, sapphires and other gemstones. Now free to walk the Earth, an alien landscape compared to what they left, the Cracked, as they now call themselves, seek companionship with the very race who wanted to imprison them. Humans.

Three thousand years of being trapped in their very selves has given them time to think, and every single one of them that has been freed must take a vow. To never fight unless defending oneself, a friend, or for food. To never tell a lie. To never destroy. To forgive us humans for it was them who started it all.

When cut out of the crystal, the Cracked lost most of their power to channel and are now limited on what they can do. Their main ambition to seek human partners, or keepers is to learn from them the skills with which to survive. For the Cracked had grown soft during their final days before entombment, letting their abilities do all the work for them.

So, will one choose you?

Staff

Owner
-Danzi-/.Secret.
(I have a tendency to switch between these usernames)

Artists
-Danzi-/.Secret.
No other artists yet! To become one check out the competition!

Mods
Cute6066
Keely 5436
Need one more mod! If you wish to be the one send me a PM!

Archivist
Nobody - send me a PM should you wish to be our official archivist!

Types of Power a Cracked Dragon Might Have

(Can control fire, but it must already be there)

(Sees into the future, usually hurts)

(Can control water, but it must already be there)

(Sends messages through dreams, can only hold for a small amount of time)

(Moves objects with mind, usually light weight)

(Can tell what you're thinking, but only when touching you)

(Can bring rain, repel it, or make it hail)

Birthmarks may be rotated, flipped or mirrored.

Gem Types, Strongest to Weakest

Diamond -Very few remain who have this channelling gem.
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Amber
Opal
Onyx
Stone - Those who have stone cannot channel, though these channelling gems are found on even fewer CDs than the diamonds are.

Rules

1. You can only submit a form for two CKDs at a time, though the amount of CKDs you an own is unlimited. - 1 Strike
2. All rights to this species belong to me and me alone. I will not accept art theft. - Banned
3. Fill out all forms correctly and completely, any extras may be added. If you post your form before completion please clearly state that it is a WIP. - 1 Strike
4. Spamming will not be tolerated. - Warning
5. Contact me if you have a problem or issue that needs solving.
6. All Banners are appreciated.
7. Be polite and considerate to any and all staff members. - 1 Strike.
8. When banned all your CKDs come to me and will be re-adopted out to a more loving owner.
9. Customs and breeding can be ordered at any time, though will cost a couple of 2010 uncommons or up. - This may change over time
10. If you wish to release your CKD please contact me and I will adopt him/her out so they can find a new owner.
11. You cannot under any circumstances go into a CKD competition just to win it for a friend. - 2 strikes
12. If you wish to withdraw your form to win a CKD please state that clearly above your form, and put a strike through your entire form. - Warning
13. No mini modding, if the mods are failing to do their job I will talk to them. - Warning

Artists
Artist Rules

1. You must clearly state what power a CKD has, as not everyone will be able to spot the birthmark.
2. No 5 minute artworks, I expect a certain degree of professionalism.
3. Reading the Cracked Dragon description is mandatory, as it explained some requirements that most Cracked Dragons have to meet.
4. You must contact me if you wish to make a defected CKD.
5. You must always quote the description when posting a Cracked up for adoption, also post a form and an end date.
6. You may come up with a form yourself, though it must include the owner's name and CKD name.
7. You may change the colour of the lineart as you wish without my permission.
8. Clearly state what the gender of the CKD is, if its undecided say so.
9. When making lineart changes make sure it looks "natural" and fits in with the lineart/shading style.
10. When custom slots are opened I will contact you and ask how many customs you wish to complete.
11. You must create at least one CKD a week, at a maximum two.
12. Should you fail to continue making CKDs or no longer have the time to you will have to leave CKD adopts. I don't need artists who will sit around and do nothing. There is an exception to those who have told me they should be on holidays/sick/in hospital etc.
13. If you no longer want to be an artist you can't just get up and leave, give me one months notice so I can get a new artist in.
14. If an artist wishes to create a stone or diamond CKD they must contact me first.

Guest Artist Rules

1. You may make up to three CKDs, two shall be adopted out and 1 shall be a custom.
2. You can only create your custom once you have created the two CKDs that shall be adopted out.
3. You will be a a guest artist for two weeks, if you don't manage to complete the three CKDs by then you won't get your custom.
4. As soon as the two weeks are up or you complete your three CKDs you will be removed from the colour list.
5. Only minor edits, in other words you can't make crystal wings. Simple spikes etc are accepted. If you're unsure what is right and wrong PM me with your idea. I won't get mad.
6. You may change the colour of the lineart as you wish without my permission.
7. Post your own form but it must include the owner's username and CKDs name.
8. Clearly state what the gender of the CKD is, if it is undecided say so.
9. You cannot make a defected CKD.
10. Quote the description of Cracked Dragons on an adoptables page, also post the end date.
11. Only apply to be a guest artist when I ask for them, this will happen about once a month.
12. A guest artist cannot do breeding or customs.
13. Should a guest artist wish to do a diamond or stone CKD they must contact me first via PM.

Form for Guest Artists
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to CS/Deviantart Gallery(ies):[/b]
[b]How much experience do you have being an artist/guest artist?:[/b]
[b]Why should I choose you to be a guest artist?:[/b]

Customs
Custom Rules

1. Do not order a custom when slots are closed.
2. Fill out all parts of the form completely.
3. Custom slots will be opened once a month.
4. First come first serve.
5. When I ask what artist you want I do not want an "I don't mind" if you put that in your form it will be considered invalid and be ignored.
6. If you miss the custom slots opening do not whine, they'll open again soon enough.
7. I will post when the custom slots open.
8. You may only have three customs.
9. The payment must be sent as soon as your form is accepted.
10. Crystals and Birthmarks are chosen by the artist, do not give any suggestions on this matter.

Form for Customs
[b]CKD Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Breeding
Breeding Rules

1. First come first serve.
2. If you wish to breed your CKD with another CS user's one you must have their permission before you post a form.
3. Breeding slots will open roughly once a month.
4. I will post when the breeding slots open.
5. Each CKD can breed three times in their life.
6. Do not whine if you miss the breeding slots opening and start telling me how much you wanted one and how grateful you'll be etc. You had as much chance as everyone else and like most other people you will have to wait until they open again.

Form for Breeding
[b]Female Ref Pic:[/b]
[b]Male Ref Pic:[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]
Last edited by .Secret. on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 am, edited 25 times in total.
This signature doesn't currently exist. Please ignore it.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cracked Dragon Adopts

Postby .Secret. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:00 am

Warned
None yet

Striked
None yet

Banned
None yet

How about we keep it this way?

Two warnings equal a strike.
Four strikes equal a ban.

Banners

Made by Koda
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1995659][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/37qfn.png[/IMG][/url]

Made by Me
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1995659][img]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/Leopard_3/Banner_zpsb0e413b5.png?t=1380288225[/img][/url]

Affiliates

Foxerfly Adopts

Milky Way Kits

Furideer Adopts
Last edited by .Secret. on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cracked Dragon Adopts

Postby .Secret. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

Reserved

Posting now open.
Last edited by .Secret. on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby finoodle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

First non owner post! Can't wait for these to come out!
ImageImage
Wifey || Wifu || Want accessories or items on your bean? Just ask! I will gladly do them for free!
finoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenmutt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 pm

ohhh marking.<33
ImageImage

icon art by me.
things i enjoy
pokemon. neopets. opossums.

my kalons - art
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kodabomb » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Can't wait for the first adopt! <3 <3
not active here any more, but I'm always available on instagram @koda_bomb xx
tumblrJewel EmpireTolerancedAJE fancub
Kodabomb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RenaiRoa » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Mhm this is amazing :D

- ════════════════ - ❉ - ════════════════ -

RenaiRoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cracked Dragon Adopts - Staff Search

Postby .Secret. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks guys ^^ almost finished the birthmark references and then... the first adoptable shall be up :)
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Secret. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 pm

All Birthmark references are up feel free to have a look at them.

First adoptable shall be up soon.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Secret. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:11 pm

First adoptable up.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me