what niche metal bands/subgenres do yall like??

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

what niche metal bands/subgenres do yall like??

Postby skelbun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

what are some niche metal bands yall know?? im really into all kinds of subgenres of metal and i wanna know what cool underground bands yall listen to ^^

some of my favs are
lifelover
phsyconaut4
xasthur
nocternal depression

as u can tell im very much into Swedish black metal lolol
gahhh i'll make my signature pretty l8r
pdt time zone
taken
he/they
looking for invite codes to lucky lapine!! if you know the game and can find any valid invite codes PLEASE PM ME !!!!!
skelbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: what niche metal bands/subgenres do yall like??

Postby Vazchu » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 pm

The only one I can come up with that are well ... Unique ... In a way that I listen to is Scar Symmetry. They were perfect to listen to while drawing/writing when I still lived at my parent's place and the children nextdoor wouldn't stop making too loud noises and shaking the house because of various reasons.

Other than that I mostly only listen to melodic metal ... Such as Sonata Arctica, Brothers of Metal, Nightwish, Metallica, Dragonforce, Blind Guardian and so forth. Cannot recall if Evanescence and Within Temptation are deemd as some sort of metal though. It feels like they should be kind of the same as the rest? I guess I've always been more into rock other than those few exceptions.

And I had a friend who were in some sort of metal band as well once upon a time. Guess he still is, maybe, I don't really speak nor hang out with him anymore. They called themselves "Beyond Salvation" at some point but I don't know if they changed the name. All I can recall is that they wanted me to write the lyrics to their songs, make the art and photograph them for their self produced albums/singles (yea without paying me or any type compensation for the traveling I'd need to do to get there, thus I politely declined since "being a friend doing favours" don't pay my bills).
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me