your most niche/"weird" \interests

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: your most niche/"weird" \interests

Postby niixyx » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:31 pm

i am very very very very into heathers. specifically the movie though. like VERY into it, i have memorabilia stuff most people have never seen before lul. greatest film OF ALL TIME i will take no smack on this thing, i have an original script, press kit, promotional movie slides with the working title "lethal attraction" written on them, the soundtrack on vinyl, soundtrack again but on a limited release cd of only 1000 copies, a korean rental vhs tape, 2 american vhs tapes (separate cover art), limited + numbered locker box set 100% complete with a branded t shirt, another smaller and more common tin dvd set (also numbered), 5 dvds of all different covers. there were separate dvd covers released with each of the "main" characters on them, one for veronica, jd, chandler, duke, and mcnamara. besides veronica they are extremely hard to come by and im only missing chandler. probably some other stuff im blanking out on, but i also have christian slaters autograph on a photo of jd. A LITTLE OBSESSIVE. i know nearly every little tidbit there is to know about this movie, i sat for about three hours and read the script like it was a book once i got it lol. i also have a little archive of old geocities/whatever else heathers sites from a loooong time ago. i want to make my own on neocities or something

i have seen the musical thrice but i dont think it compares or really can be compared for that matter. like its alright in its own way, the characters are just very different adapted onto the stage like that and i think of them as two separate things. id also just like to think that im past being an annoying tumblr esque 10 year old musical fan :oops:

unfortunately its pretty hard to come by fan material/fans of JUST the movie except for those old websites i mentioned.
though i dont expect any sane person on the planet to be as obsessed as i am i still NEVER get to talk about it casually, it would seem super crazy and weird to someone irl especially LOL. i don't know how a single movie turned into a legitimate passionate interest

^^also i would love to see some of your dolls, i collect tons and tons of fashion dolls and have been interested in BJD stuff but it seems a little intimidating to step into. a bit more expensive than what im into doll-wise but i do like the heavier focus on customization, maybe some day ill get one

ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ
ʚїɞ

37 butterfly wolves left
niixyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guroboss » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:11 pm

Cade_ion wrote:One of my special interests since like 2020 has been dead/abandoned malls and it’s so hard to find anyone else interested in it but idk I think it’s pretty cool! I mostly like researching and documenting them (especially ones in my state or ones I have actually visited or seen before) and just looking at photos and videos of them and finding it really interesting! That’s also kinda merged into being interested in abandoned retail too (they kinda go hand in hand tbh)

ooo I love this stuff as well! retail archeology and dan bell are some of my fav channels and I think the way that they're markers of changes in american culture/consumer patterns over the decades is so neat. there are about 3 malls in my area that I could consider dead/dying, one of which had a sears (which I *kind of* got to go inside since part of it was a Spirit Halloween last year).

I'm also very into consumer electronics, old/weird operating systems, and starting to get a little bit into sofubi figures, old web stuff (geocities, old message boards, 2channel) and tokusatsu.

friday. they/she. bi. adult. istp.
⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤ᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸ☎
𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙨? 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩❜𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚?
playing: bg3 // watching: tokyo ghoul⏤⏤ spotify. toyhouse.

📌naming all my pets!
📌current count:
847!
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foreverfriends4ever » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:58 pm

My interests

Media
1.Chicken Smoothie
2.Facebook
3.TikTok
4. Discord

Hoobies and Sports
1.Basketball
2.Track and field
3.Fitness
4.Arts and Crafts
.Lach hook Kits
.Plastic Canvas
. Adult coloring books
. Carpentry
5.Singing
6.Hiking
7.Swimming
8.Camping
9.Gardening
10. Filing

Collection interests
1. Reborn dolls
2. Any kind of knick knacks
3. Snow globes
4. Porcelain Dolls
5. Stuffed Animals
6. Anything that deals with Disney
7. Movies

Music
1. Country my #1 favorite kind of music
2. Rock I like some of the singers like one of them I do listen to a lot is kid Rock and my husband he got me into the band Rush and then I like backstreet boys and NSYNC and Beach boys
3. Hip Hop I'm kind of into this kind of music like there's probably only a couple singers I'll actually listen to their hip Hop
4.Pop I listen to a lot of those music cuz I like Adele I like there's a lot of the pop centers I like I don't really care for Justin Bieber but I do love his music
5. Rap the older kind like usher Eminem and Akon Chris Brown
6. Metal like screamo and Def Leppard and kiss

My weird interest will have to be probably different smells like I love the smell of gasoline I love the smell of old classic cars I love lavender lilac I kind of like peppermint I'm not big on that smell cuz it's strong I love sage there's like a lot of different smells I do like out there I love the smell of honey I love snow flowers any kind of flowers no matter what it is

The last but not least I'm really interested in collecting Glade air fresheners like I just got a Air wick spray thingy where you put those Glade air fresheners in all I'm in love with it I love collecting wax cubes like I have almost a whole bag full I love Yankee candles I love the smell of incense I have a bunch of those

I love love love being out in nature with hiking camping I'm going for walks going near the river behind my house couple houses down from my house anyway I'm going to the park that's a couple streets away from me I love going to parks like we have a couple of good rec Parks up here like we have the rec park we have cfj we have Baldwin's Park and some other ones that can't really think of the name of a cfj has a spray water park in it rec park has a swimming pool Baldwin is just more of just a hangout part there's no swimming area but they have a hiking trail in the the woods behind Baldwin Park which I go to a lot I love going on carousels I love going to all events and fairs I'm more into like being outdoorsy cuz I'm more outdoorsy I like just going to events I like going to Parks I like going swimming I like hiking walking going on trails one of my hates is being home I do not like being home I hate being home I rather be out side in the outdoors then being home but that's most of my legs that I have most of my interests I have and there's a lot more but I don't want to pull a lot on there
Pet's name: Rosey Flower
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/]Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie![/url.
Im a crazy cat lady i love cats to the moon and back
Foreverfriends4ever

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tanjiro » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:07 am

My worm bin, I have a bunch of red wigglers
#1 Kimi fan
Tanjiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby another eternity » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:28 pm

not sure how niche it is due to its cult classic status, but yume nikki and its various fangames, especially ultra violet and uneven dream.
plus ao oni, ib, mad father, the witchs house...i have the layouts of these games almost perfectly memorized as well as the puzzles, even for hard mode in TWH's case.
i also really like pathologic, been slowly delving into that for the past three years, ironically right as covid started w/o knowing what the plot of the game was. the last door is also and amazing lil game <3
edit;; also the game the doll shop, that liivesss in my head i love it

but outside of media, ive ended up getting rly into some of my own conditions like visual snow, parasomniac events, and palinopsia.
medical stuff as a whole is super fun to me, as well as biological stuff as a whole, so surgeries and decay and such are fun to read abt. pathology too, just literally that whooolle realm of science i love. i also have a tiny obsession w joseph lister and robert liston, primarily the former.

radiation as well technically, nuclear reactors are a mini love of mine :) how can you not love cherenkov blue--
Last edited by another eternity on Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Little Trickster » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:32 pm

Hmmm. Well, I'm really into Adventures in Odyssey (the old radio show that's on cassette tapes of which I own many)
H.R. Pufnstuff (I have yet to meet someone who's even heard of it)
I know there's other stuff but I'm drawing a blank, might post again if I remember (if that's allowed, I'll have to check)
Hotdog to hotdog bun ratio, why for the love of mustard are there never enough buns?
ImageImage
Help name my pets! I have many unnamed pets, if you see one you want to name pm me! I don't give credit for names
Paperclip challenge
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4911558&p=143438422#p143438422
Little Trickster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:34 pm

i guess i'm very interested in mbti and enneagrams and all about the personality types
i also like html and css coding, digital art, editing, photography, etc.
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antho_grizz » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:46 pm

I'm really into bears. Like, just bears. I absolutely love researching them and learning all of the differences between the 8 main species and even deviling into their ancestors and how they most likely started as a whale like creature through evolution. I love the size differences, diet differences, habitat differences, and the different things to do if you're attacked by one. I'm fascinated by how the American black bear overtime has become to adapt to living in urban environments and our trash is becoming a primary food source for them just like raccoons.

And I've only got one thing on my bucket list. To pet a bear. Not a cub, as in cub petting because that's extremely immoral and as much as I would love to hold a baby bear I would never support it. I want to just happen to see one in the woods on a trail, and I'd 100% risk it all just to feel the fur in my hands for a second.
Mostly on here for trading. HMU with a trade. Also, the majority of my items are completely free or easy to get with pets. Feel free to snatch them.

I have two babies, Micah and Sadie, who are kitties. Ask about them. <3

antho_grizz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tomscryingcorner » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:47 pm

i love love love phoneboy but especially their live shows!!! i have a playlist of (what i think is?) every live show theyve done haha!
────────────

──────────────────────
All/Any Pronouns | Tommy/Tom
Artist | Collector | Neurodivergent
Art Shop
──────────────────────

tomscryingcorner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LongDogDot » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:38 am

I love skinning, cleaning, and jumpstarting old Furbies. I jokingly refer to myself as a Board Certified Furby Surgeon.

How about some process photos? Introducing Belle Epoque (dalmatian) and Y.E. Ourple (black cat).

See the gear I circled in blue? Turning it counter clockwise almost always jumpstarts a dead Furby (assuming there are no broken wires or such).

Now they're nice and purdy again. Belle Epoque's speaker is broken and I don't have the ability to fix it right now. It usually requires buying a new speaker or taking one from another Furby and I honestly just Don't Feel Like It. Nothing wrong with being mute :)
LongDogDot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me