TheComfortCorner | V.10

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.10

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:05 pm

I've been letting these commissions rot for almost a year so I'm desperately hoping they will mutually cancel this. Long overdue order. I feel so bad about it but there's just. No hope that I'll be able to do them. Life has just gotten way too busy :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hi hello howdy wazzup!!!
I'm Maple!
Mostly here for art/adopts!
Comms/art trades? closed :3

Adopts<3 wrote:ImageImage
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 am

I take no risks and then wonder why am I feeling this miserable.
I talk to no one and then wonder why I don't have a support system.

C'mon, nothing is a given. This isn't owed to me. Certainly not.

I need to stop being so "oh woe me, no one understands" when I am doing nothing to help the situation. Not talking is the problem. Not taking risks is the problem. I am my own obstacle.
Why can't I just get it?

I only arrive at moments of clarity when I am about to end the day. Am I just not present when I'm awake?

I messed up, didn't I? I really did.
Feeling pity for myself won't help.

I should at least clean up tomorrow instead of binge watching and staying in my little comfort bubble.

Sometimes, I wonder why no one has punished me for this behaviour yet.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 am

My parents pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to send me to this school and you have the audacity to give me attitude over nothing. Why don't you tell the boys who won't shut the hell up to manage their time better? I completed 4 assignments in one period and you have the NERVE to tell me I'm not managing my time well because I took a 5 minute break. Get over yourself. The only reason I'm here is because of my friends. I'm sick of these teachers giving me attitude when I'm a good student. I understand if you need to talk to me about something and I can handle criticism but not when it's uncalled for like that.

Also I will likely have to get a new computer. So I'm not having the greatest day, though I did go shopping and that helped. But I'm still bothered. Screw you.
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astralamy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm

gotta give myself another reminder that no one actually cares, even if they say they do. guess my burdens are mine to carry alone. it was foolish to think otherwise.
she/her - adult - canadian
salut! i'm amy & i love gaming.
feel free to pm me abt shared
xinterests or anything else :]

xxxxxxxxxxxx

astralamy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raezel » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:33 pm

having to hear about this situation and only being able to just.. sit back and listen and ignore the way it makes me nauseous and pretend it's all fine and that it doesn't make me sick to my stomach is extremely exhausting ngl. i can't find comfort in anything. i just have to deal with it and know it'll eventually hurt less, but it doesn't make it any less heart wrenching in the moment!!
want some free art? check out this thread to
help me get some commission examples 🖤

they/she | taken | adult | irl kuromi
activity may be sporadic as i work fulltime
━━ click
here to visit my trade thread ━━

raezel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:45 am

pretty sure this girl is into my best friend and only befriending me to get close to them. asking all the weird questions like «when do yall hang out» or «are they really aro».... ok....... making weird comments like «your best friend is so nice to talk to» or «dont tell this 2 anyone bur your best friend». Like? Chill? Im not going to? Its not like me and my best friend go around telling each other abt every single interaction weve had? Were very secretive ppl in general? and during the 9 hours we talked ( yes im quite the outgoing person ) she mentioned them like. 20 times. no kidding.

don't know why it makes me feel this way. i dont know her like that to have a serious conversation about boundaries. or to even be like «hey, me and my best friend are separate entities». this rlly makes me uncomfortable . im. honestly. can I confess something? Usually im glad when my best friend makes friends because were both pretty lonely by nature. However. However. Im not exactly... Glad... That this person is sticking around?... They seem so clingy. And they look like they want to date my best friend. Whos aro.

Like. Go away. From my best friend specifically.

it spirals into the question of if i am really that unfun 2 be around that people only stick around bc of some inner reason... which is a long debate ive been having and. you know. i dont like asking questions i dont want the answers to.

weve had pretty fun time otherwise. besides her being weird about my best friend.

Unless I misunderstood all of that and theyre just oversharing for no reason Idk.

bleh.
pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Vellichor. » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:57 am

Really having a rough go of things, mostly at work.

I do customer service work (from home, but it's basically standard call center and office work). Naturally, this comes with a lot of red tape, goals, and metrics you have to meet. Among them, I'm scored on my calls and evaluated; I get an evaluation report which highlights some things they found notable - this can be a couple praises, but also criticisms. Normal stuff for this kind of work, and usually it's mostly okay.

The trouble is that the criticisms I do keep getting don't make any sense. We're encouraged to dispute things we think are inaccurate and I do this when I think it's needed, but I never get responses to my disputes. For a while I was getting docked points for "not offering assistance after the greeting" in calls. Except, I was. I always have. I have an identical script I use every time: "Thanks for calling [place]! My name is [name], how can I help you today?" Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like I am offering my assistance after my greeting. I've been getting this critique every evaluation for 2 years now and I have asked about it so many times with no guidance as to why what I'm saying doesn't count. So I began to think maybe my evaluator just had it out for me, for reasons I don't understand.

My evaluator appears to have gotten bored with trying to score me poorly for that but now I'm being docked points because I "didn't follow up with the managers via email about a request I submitted when I did not hear back from them after a few days."

Except I did follow up. I first sent the request Friday, and we are open weekends with managers on duty. I sent a reminder email on Monday because it still had not been done. And I even sent another today, because guess what? A week has passed, and it still wasn't done!

I confirmed that my follow-ups did go through, so I sent my evaluator a screenshot proving that I did in fact follow up and when. I have no idea if my scores will be adjusted accordingly but I am willing to bet I won't get a response about it either way.

I get stuff falls through the cracks but I just don't see how someone else's failure to communicate or finish their task should result in ME getting poor scores. Exactly how many times do I have to remind someone else to do their job before you realize it isn't me that's the problem? Why am I being negatively scored when I'm not the one failing to do my job?

Repeatedly instructing management on their duties was not in my job description when I started this job and it's certainly not reflected in my paycheck. I am so tired, y'all. So, so tired.

»──────────────────── Image ────────────────────«
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly...
In the right order."

The Doctor | They/It/He | Adult

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
.Vellichor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mewcie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:00 am

i feel like i keep getting forgotten about today. its just not my day.

lets make some new
memories together, okay?

marcie adult female she/her
tomboy lesbian my sweetheart
autistic chronic pain spoonie ✞

lover of animal jam, roblox,
the binding of isaac, webkinz,
hannibal, splatoon, pce, mlp,
warrior cats, rammstein and
jamster ringtone mascots

Image Image
mewcie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 pm

sometimes i'm just randomly hit with what happened to him. he was everything that i'd dreamt of and he suffered needlessly because my mother just lost interest. i feel so incredibly sorry for him. i love and miss you harley. i hope that the rest of your life is good. i'm sorry you suffered so. i hope that you don't think of me when you remember your pain, because you were the light of my life. i love you and still do and i hope you're doing well my sweet pony. :(
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ducks ! » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 pm

I'm scared.

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗