Left handed problems and other fun stuff!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Left handed problems and other fun stuff!

Postby Summer Electrodes » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 am

I used to write with my left hand until a long time ago in preschool, my teacher made me switch to being right handed because she said it would be easier later in life. so thats my story haha. [so I guess I kinda fit into this left hander group, lol]
Summer Electrodes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rose Morpho » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 am

I go to online school, so whiteboards aren't a problem for me. But I really wish I could get a drawing tablet... Drawing with a mouse is hard already, but it's even harder when you're a lefty using a right-handed mouse.
Rose Morpho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby barioth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:04 am

my drawings are always smudged by my hand but if i try to draw with my right hand it looks terrible lol. same goes for writing, my hand always has smudged lead all over it..
barioth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noah. » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 am

I don't understand why people have problems with writing with a left hand.
    I'm a lefty and i never seem to get lead on my palm (probably because i write
    side-ways, which everyone thinks its very odd.)

Also with drawing, same problem. I never seem to get lead on my palm. I don't
    understand why i don't?? As i kid i drew a lot, i guess maybe i've found a way not to
    smudge my drawings. I find it very odd that common lefty problems i don't have.
    It makes me upset in a way, lol.
    noah ; they/them
    i like anime and video games.
    i sometimes draw.
noah.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Bubbled » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 am

loser. wrote:
    I don't understand why people have problems with writing with a left hand.
    I'm a lefty and i never seem to get lead on my palm (probably because i write
    side-ways, which everyone thinks its very odd.)

Also with drawing, same problem. I never seem to get lead on my palm. I don't
    understand why i don't?? As i kid i drew a lot, i guess maybe i've found a way not to
    smudge my drawings. I find it very odd that common lefty problems i don't have.
    It makes me upset in a way, lol.

I hold my pencil in a way that my palm side does not touch the paper. My handwriting looks like trash but my hand stays clean! I think why so many lefties get their palms smudged is because in schools ol they only teach you how to write if you are a righty. So I think many people do that but only with the other hand.
Bubbled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagpieSoul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 am

Whenever I take a lot of notes, a dark smudge appears on my hand...It doesn't really bother me that much, but I still don't like it. ._. I sometimes wish I could get this special glove for left-handeds...
My mum also told me my grandma (from dad's side) wanted me to be right-handed, because, as in old times, left-handedness was considered devil's work, since the devil is often portrayed with making a symbol with his left hand. She said that grandma would take the spoon from my left and and set it on my right hand, but I would grab it with my left one.
MagpieSoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaLitFam » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 am

Omg I write with my entire arm over my paper, and my hand bent over top of where im writing, just so I dont smudge my writing, but now I have wrist problems because of it...
Inhale the memes, Exhale the memes, inject the memes into your bloodstream
There are good memes, and there are bad memes
Why has Dog abandoned us
DaLitFam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laprinecreature » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

oh gosh, the lefty struggle is so real. story time: my first job was at a mcdonald's, & part of the job is scooping fries into boxes with a fry scoop. the fry scoop's handle was on the right side, so it made it near impossible to fill up fry boxes correctly if you were left handed. but my managers ALWAYS wanted me working on fries & got angry with me for not filling the boxes fast enough! finally, they bought a fry scoop that came with handles on both sides -- and of course someone IMMEDIATELY broke the left handle, knowing full well that i was the only lefty, so i was right back where i started. :T ugh.

adult impracticalities of being left handed aside, the drawing thing can get super annoying. it gets a little old having a permanent graphite/ink smudge on your hand.
laprinecreature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me