Please delete

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Please delete

Postby theexileofkiem » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

Thank you all for responding. I just had a panic moment when I wrote this and I'm fine now, I wrote this a while ago.
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is there a bright side to being female?

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 am

- Our public bathrooms are cleaner
- We're stastically proven live longer and healthier lives
- Quite a few reasons that might not be appropriate for CS
- We're encouraged to go into the sciences, and have more scholarship opportunities for that field. STEM companies are looking to hire more women and increase the salary.
- More clothing variety
- More likely to be unemployed and not made fun of for it
- People more willing to help us out
- People admire our efforts to break the female stereotype
- Able to cry without being seen as weak

Believe it or not, men are pressured into extreme social standards as well, but unfortunately, one of those standards is not to complain about it. In society, men are forced to act as the strong figure to carry the weight of the world on their backs. They are encouraged to do all the tough work while we sit back and follow our feminine stereotypes of not getting our hands dirty. Men are supposedly meant to have rock solid emotions, not to shed a tear. They feel they have to be jacked and buff. Think about it- these days we're starting to see more plus-sized female models, but have you ever seen a plus-sized men's model?
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Herlock Sholmes wrote:- Our public bathrooms are cleaner
- We're stastically proven live longer and healthier lives
- Quite a few reasons that might not be appropriate for CS
- We're encouraged to go into the sciences, and have more scholarship opportunities for that field. STEM companies are looking to hire more women and increase the salary.
- More clothing variety
- More likely to be unemployed and not made fun of for it
- People more willing to help us out
- People admire our efforts to break the female stereotype
- Able to cry without being seen as weak

Believe it or not, men are pressured into extreme social standards as well, but unfortunately, one of those standards is not to complain about it. In society, men are forced to act as the strong figure to carry the weight of the world on their backs. They are encouraged to do all the tough work while we sit back and follow our feminine stereotypes of not getting our hands dirty. Men are supposedly meant to have rock solid emotions, not to shed a tear. They feel they have to be jacked and buff. Think about it- these days we're starting to see more plus-sized female models, but have you ever seen a plus-sized men's model?

This is very true. Thank you. Although to be honest I feel like anyone can wear whatever they want but I know men still get punished for wearing more feminine items... Unfortunetly. To be honest I just want to be neither gender. XD (I'm reeeaaallly sick of the pain. Heh.)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 am

Your fear is only on you. It isn't being a female that makes you more fearful than a male. Unless by some odd reason, you are not going to get raped at your house in the mountains away from public view. I don't know you but I'm assuming you have no traumatic experience from rape, which is really good because rape is a crippling experience emotionally and physically and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But still, people can move past it. You really have nothing to fear, I think you just need to look at being a female in a new light. Have more confidence in yourself. If it really bothers you, learn self defense or buy pepper spray.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:04 am

kittenbears wrote:Your fear is only on you. It isn't being a female that makes you more fearful than a male. Unless by some odd reason, you are not going to get raped at your house in the mountains away from public view. I don't know you but I'm assuming you have no traumatic experience from rape, which is really good because rape is a crippling experience emotionally and physically and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But still, people can move past it. You really have nothing to fear, I think you just need to look at being a female in a new light. Have more confidence in yourself. If it really bothers you, learn self defense or buy pepper spray.

I'm actually going to take Krav Mcga (spelling?) With my SO because they mentioned self confidence with self defence. Ice always wanted to know how to deffend myself and I tried to take a tai chi class but that didn't happen.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~laterose~ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 am

Although statistically fewer men are raped than women it still happens to them, so just changing you gender and taking testosterone is not a sure fire way to stay safe. Additionally, getting jumped by someone and raped is extremely rare, almost all rape is "acquaintance rape" as the victim usually always know the rapist in some way.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it unless ur hanging with the wrong type of people or putting yourself in dangerous situations.

Also if ur period causes you that much pain you should really go see a gyno or other professional about it.
Lights off
~laterose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby planetesimal » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:14 am

If you're interested in learning self defense, I would suggest trying taekwondo or hapkido, which are both Korean fighting styles. Hapkido emphasizes joint manipulation, and taekwondo emphasizes kicks, which are both great for women who want to defend themselves. I do jidokwan taekwondo, which is a sub-type of taekwondo that I think is really great for women. At my school we learn to turn our hips to generate power, to stand at an angle to present a smaller target to our opponent, joint locks/throws, and other cool tricks to help prepare us for a real-world self defense scenario. Jidokwan and hapkido don't prioritize strength as much as being smart about your body and your attacker's body, and using your opponent against themselves. Everyone has joints, and it's important to know how to use that fact to your advantage.
The biggest piece of advice I have is to shop around your local self-defense schools. You'll have to find one that isn't too commercial, and that emphasizes real-life self-defense application over book knowledge or memorizing forms. There are a lot of great benefits from martial arts, such as flexibility, cardio, and character building, but if your goal is to learn self-defense then you'll have to find a school that makes that its priority-- not necessarily advancing to the next rank or preparing for competitions. Each school is different, so don't settle on one until you're sure that it's the best fit!

I've heard that krav maga is great, and that is a good self-defense style, so it might be good to try. I don't have any experience with it, but I hope that it works out for you! Knowing that you're prepared to defend yourself makes a huge difference in your self confidence, and martial arts helped me to get over my self-consciousness. I hope that learning self-defense helps you with some of your problems, and that you find the confidence to live your life without fear of others!
"If saying "stay!"
would stop their
falling, could I hold
these blossoms
more dear?"
-Book 2. Spring (The Kokinshu, translation by Lewis Cook.)
planetesimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cisarena » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 am

Do you get cat called often?
Crimes like rape do happen, to both genders even if you did transition. It happens, but there's a lot of things you can do to prevent it. Like the above users training in some form of fighting/self defence im sure will boost your confidence. Krav Maga is a great choice!
Also someone mentioned pepper spray which will help you too! Doing these can allow you to de-stress because if something did happen - you can get yourself out of it. Being a woman doesn't mean you're weak!

This might be a useful link: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-over ... eing-raped

Considering your IUD, is bc its new the reason for the month long bleed? It'll hopefully get better! Just keep doin you, cramps are annoying so do what you usually do to alleviate them. Sorry, i don't know much to help you there! But you're certainly not useless if you need to take some time out for your self care. Your farther is going to love you regardless.

Have you looked at lightweight bralettes? even if its a flimsy ol cloth thing it might help you feel a bit better wearing something.
ImageImageImageImage

Love wrote:So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day...

>> Artshop // Design shop
Cisarena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinhwan - LEFT » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 am

I'd say there are lots of good things but there are some bad things of course.
Shorter prison sentences
Less chance of violent crimes

There's all sorts of new technology being released to help people in fear. Also, as far as catcalling, my guy friends have said they find it disgusting too. Learning self defense is a good idea! At my school we offer self defense classes actually. As for being outside, stay in well-lit areas, walk near the curb, be alert, if you feel unsafe go into a store or knock on someone's door, and yell in case of trouble (UNCC).

Instead of a bra try a bandeau, bralette, pasties, or a sports bra.
Jinhwan - LEFT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:33 am

I'm intergendered, but in a female body. So being as I really don't identify as female, I have a really weird perspective on it.

1. You can control how people respond to you via your weight. I used to be thin and got catcalled and harassed. I put on weight (anti-depressants and marrying a chef, lol) and it stopped. You still need to be healthy, but once you're JUST outside of the "normal BMI", it stops (other than fatty chasers who are HILARIOUS). I found that putting on weight actually have me confidence. I work out more, go out more, and enjoy myself more. All because guys don't catcall or try to flirt. JUST BE HEALTHY about it. You can be fit and fat. You really can. XD

2. While Pregnancy did NOT agree with me, I found that being able to breastfeed was a major thing for me. There's something really special about it. Obviously you might be WAY too young right now for all that, but if you ID as female, I've heard that pregnancy is also agreeable for a lot of women too - for them, it feels powerful and special. And I dig that.

3. You can wear any kind of clothing and and kind of makeup you like. Or not. Dudes don't get to do that. Things get weird for them.

4. You're more likely to get away with bad behaviour. This isn't great for the person you're having a bad day with, but a dude screaming at a store slerk is more likely to get arrested or banned from a store than a woman is. This means you're at less risk if you happen to lose your temper.

5. Support systems exist for you that don't for men. Men are inhibited by toxic masculinity that puts them in awkward and even life threatening situations when they need to reach out for comfort, friendship and support. Women can have a short chat with a strange woman and get a hug without the risk of getting beaten half to death for "being gay".

But don't associate the truth about being a woman scare you into a position where you would "like to try being a guy" without actually being trans. There's a LOT of bad things about being a chick, but there's also a LOT of bad things about being a guy.

Men have it rough in other ways, and even though rape culture is real, so is toxic masculinity, and being a dude is very emotionally destructive (if you do try to conform).
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me