♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

Postby Crowley_KingOfHell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm

I am just wondering if anyone else has this with their S/O.

So I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now (best year ever!!) and dare I say we are not mature for our age [removed] We can laugh at anything and we are just stupid together and it's ok. Does anyone else have that sort of relationship where everyone looks at you and goes "How childish?" and how do you respond to comments like that? We just carry on being the way we are (he likes to stir the pot a lot xD) and if they have a problem then they can just go away and leave us be kinda thing.
Last edited by sun on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information.
Crowley_KingOfHell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bok Choy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

I have never ever posted on this thread or anything like this so, uh, hi... I need a bit of advice concerning a friend.

She (let's call her Bella) likes a guy (let's call him Daniel). Bella has like Daniel since she was 12 but she has huge trouble communicating her feelings to him. She sends him love notes and roses (our school does this thing where we can send our crush/significant other roses on Valentine's Day) and then kind of freaks out a little about it. I've talked to some other friends about it (of both genders) and the boys tend to think it's a little creepy how she keeps doing these things. It's almost stalkerish, quote, unquote. (They also said that Bella and Daniel have literally no chemistry). Bella stalks Daniel on Instagram and recently discovered (through Instagram and school) that the possibility of Daniel being with another girl (let's call her Poppy) is really high. Daniel and Poppy started hitting it off around October(?) last year during a swim program that they both volunteered for. They seem to get along really well from an outsider's (my) perspective. Bella is kinda sad about that but she says she wants Daniel to be happy. She asked me whether she should keep pursuing Daniel even though he seems to be in a committed relationship with Poppy (according to her; I hardly ever see Daniel or Poppy). What should I tell her?

Also, Daniel is being really awkward around her and I think she might think that his awkwardness comes from him reciprocating her crush but I don't think that's the case. I think her sending love notes and gifts and roses to him might be what made things awkward between them.

Should she stop being so hung up on him?

Any responses would be great :')

My life honestly
Bok Choy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 am

Bok Choy wrote:I have never ever posted on this thread or anything like this so, uh, hi... I need a bit of advice concerning a friend.

She (let's call her Bella) likes a guy (let's call him Daniel). Bella has like Daniel since she was 12 but she has huge trouble communicating her feelings to him. She sends him love notes and roses (our school does this thing where we can send our crush/significant other roses on Valentine's Day) and then kind of freaks out a little about it. I've talked to some other friends about it (of both genders) and the boys tend to think it's a little creepy how she keeps doing these things. It's almost stalkerish, quote, unquote. (They also said that Bella and Daniel have literally no chemistry). Bella stalks Daniel on Instagram and recently discovered (through Instagram and school) that the possibility of Daniel being with another girl (let's call her Poppy) is really high. Daniel and Poppy started hitting it off around October(?) last year during a swim program that they both volunteered for. They seem to get along really well from an outsider's (my) perspective. Bella is kinda sad about that but she says she wants Daniel to be happy. She asked me whether she should keep pursuing Daniel even though he seems to be in a committed relationship with Poppy (according to her; I hardly ever see Daniel or Poppy). What should I tell her?

Definitely not. That's so rude and disrespectful towards Daniel and Poppy, and it's incredibly unhealthy for her. It's also not a sign that she just wants Daniel to be happy, as she claims, if she's willing to put a strain on his relationship and keep pushing for herself after years of her own relationship with Daniel moving nowhere. Tell her no, she needs to back off and give herself some time and perspective. You've got a delicate line to walk here, balancing being a supportive friend but also gently and firmly letting her know when she's crossing lines/boundaries.

Bok Choy wrote:Also, Daniel is being really awkward around her and I think she might think that his awkwardness comes from him reciprocating her crush but I don't think that's the case. I think her sending love notes and gifts and roses to him might be what made things awkward between them.

Probably, but it doesn't sound like she wants to be, so unfortunately, she'll probably continue wallowing until she's ready to let go.

Crowley_KingOfHell wrote:I am just wondering if anyone else has this with their S/O.

So I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now (best year ever!!) and dare I say we are not mature for our age (I've recently turned -- and he's --) We can laugh at anything and we are just stupid together and it's ok. Does anyone else have that sort of relationship where everyone looks at you and goes "How childish?" and how do you respond to comments like that? We just carry on being the way we are (he likes to stir the pot a lot xD) and if they have a problem then they can just go away and leave us be kinda thing.

Okay, I tried really hard to just let this one go, but I can't. Look, it's up to you to define your relationship, but that's a considerable age gap considering how young you still are. Did you know we still do tons of growing, maturing, and changing until we're around 24/25? There's a massive difference in maturity, experience, desire, logical reasoning, expectations, voice/sense of self, psychological development, romantic/sexual wants, etc. between a 14 and 16 year old, between a 16 and 18 year old, between a 21 and 25 year old, etc. That's how much growing we do when we're younger. Tbh, the ages you described set off warning bells for me. So maybe the reason you're getting those types of comments is less due to behavior and more due to the fact that other people are uncomfortable by the relationship as well and worried about you. This dynamic you have could easily turn dependent on him or exploitative/manipulative towards you even if he doesn't actually mean for that or if neither of you realize it. >_<
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 am

hmm...

so there's this person. he's super sweet, always makes me laugh. we have good conversation's online, mostly 'fan-girling' over the same shows. we occasionally go out with our friends (we're in the same friend group). he's smart and I like to think we are on the same page most of the time. the problem is does he feel the same? sometimes I feel like he pays more attention to me/talks directly to me more but then is my mind playing tricks on me? is he just being friendly?

i've tried just forgetting about him; we don't look like the most likely couple and a few things stand in the way. but I can't stop thinking about him, wondering what he thinks of me. am i overthinking this?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
──── 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴
- 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deaf » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:29 am

Skyhawk wrote:
    hmm...

so there's this person. he's super sweet, always makes me laugh. we have good conversation's online, mostly 'fan-girling' over the same shows. we occasionally go out with our friends (we're in the same friend group). he's smart and I like to think we are on the same page most of the time. the problem is does he feel the same? sometimes I feel like he pays more attention to me/talks directly to me more but then is my mind playing tricks on me? is he just being friendly?
    -snip-

sounds like a crush. to be quite honest, from the way you described it, it's not really mutual, and that's okay - especially if things don't look so good for a relationship. my overall advice would be to just set aside your feelings for the moment until you figure out who he likes. if it's you, then that's great! if it's not, then there's no harm done. or, if you're a bit more bold, you could always ask him about it or drop hints. best of luck to you!
Last edited by deaf on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
comet; they/them; adult
deaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bok Choy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:58 pm

WastedSpace wrote:
Bok Choy wrote:I have never ever posted on this thread or anything like this so, uh, hi... I need a bit of advice concerning a friend.

Definitely not. That's so rude and disrespectful towards Daniel and Poppy, and it's incredibly unhealthy for her. It's also not a sign that she just wants Daniel to be happy, as she claims, if she's willing to put a strain on his relationship and keep pushing for herself after years of her own relationship with Daniel moving nowhere. Tell her no, she needs to back off and give herself some time and perspective. You've got a delicate line to walk here, balancing being a supportive friend but also gently and firmly letting her know when she's crossing lines/boundaries.

Bok Choy wrote:Also, Daniel is being really awkward around her and I think she might think that his awkwardness comes from him reciprocating her crush but I don't think that's the case. I think her sending love notes and gifts and roses to him might be what made things awkward between them.

Probably, but it doesn't sound like she wants to be, so unfortunately, she'll probably continue wallowing until she's ready to let go.

Thanks. I never thought I'd be using Chicken Smoothie for relationship advice but hey (:

My life honestly
Bok Choy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _deactivated_ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

update on my crush 'crisis' a little
So me and the guy are texting daily and he is getting nicer it seems. One of my friends found out that I liked him and this girl absolutely despises him. There was a bit of an argument but I won, and we're chill now.
Anyways, I gave him the remark of "I wonder how long I will have my friends until I slip up and they all leave like always" (I'm a huge coward and don't take other's emotions into account quite alot. I'm trying to change)
But he responded with "I'll last forever", which is setting me in a deep thought. Again, it's probably him just trying to be nice but we're both mean people and i've never heard him say anything like that before,,
_deactivated_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixem » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 pm

I’m in a ‘cultural’ forced relationship with a man who’s 4 years older than
me, he hates me, but he isn’t it allowing me to break up with him.

I’m so awkward and uncomfortable around him, we never do anything fun
or exciting that other couples do.

I’ve told him how I felt but he slapped me and told me to deal with it.
Another reason why I cannot break up with him is because his friend’s are
all in a happy relationship and he wants to be like them.

He’s very dominant and controls me 24/7. I’m never allowed male friends,
go on my phone without him looking at everything and I can’t go to public
places without him by my side.

It’s made me so stressed, I’ve vomited a few times. My parents don’t really
care and say relationships are hard but they wouldn’t understand since their
relationship isn’t any better.

There’s no point telling him again, there’s no point going to the police,
there’s no point in anything.

I’m stuck in a forced relationship until who knows when.

-

Edit: Thank you for all the replies and support <3
Vixem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfypoof » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Hm. This might be a silly question but could someone who has been in a long distance relationship help me? Might be better if you talked often too haha. So um... How do you deal with when you had to leave your house and are unable to talk to your partner? Did they ever get upset about it and what did you do to reassure them when you came back? How do you make them feel better even though you have to leave them often out of your control (like for family commitments and stuff)? I'm still having a problem with this after the last time I posted about it here so I'll try to see if anyone has an experience with it.

Oh and by the way I'm totally fine if my boyfriend has to leave its just that my boyfriend is not with me (He's actually pretty sweet he just gets upset often)

Hi! You can call me Wolfy! I like drawing, video games, animals, music, anime and a whole lot of other various things. Some of my favourite series are Pokemon, Danganronpa, iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Kemono Friends and Higurashi When They Cry! I am a young adult and although I'm a little shy, I'm always open for a chat! ^w^

Deviantart Characters Instagram Please check out my story!

Font credit
Wolfypoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ///// » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:14 am

I finally have my crush a box filled with poem and drawing plus number.She was really happy..I am brave..
/////

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me