TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby christina. » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 pm

things are so bad now...idk what to do
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,
i wanna get off but i keep ridin’ the ride

bailey ♥ she/her ♥ my kalons
christina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookysponge » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Im here to talk, Please PM me if needed c:
𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 •
!!! OR
═════════
she/her
horror lover
—>adult<—
video games<3
spread love
═════════
.Image
T
R
E.
A.
T.
══════
sig cred
══════
spookysponge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ------- » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Also going to casually mark this. If anyone needs
    any advice, support, or comfort, I'm here for all of
    you and my inbox is always open to any of you.

Do not be afraid to PM me.
-------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet tea » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:19 pm

avery. wrote:things are so bad now...idk what to do

you can always talk to someone about it! perhaps a close friend or family member, or if you rather vent to a stranger, there are a few sites out there made especially for that, or you could PM me! ^^

there are always people who support you. c:

aaaaa

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

sweet tea , hway
she/her , biology student

tea connoisseur
dog-obsessed
gym nut
sweet tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby víolet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 pm

so my crazy ex called me cancerous and rubbed in the fact that he moved on and i havent
      .-.
víolet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snubbulls » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:39 pm

My new semester starts tomorrow
With all new classes and people.
I'm scared that I'll be made fun of for being trans, gay and/or emo. I don't know how to tell people to call me "him" without being a pushover. God I'm really stressed and I can't grind my schedule either. My grades sucked last semester what if they just get worse? What if I start feeling more anxious and depressed? What if no one likes me and leaves me out?
| beetle / radish |
| he / she | adult |
❤ metal ❤ bugs ❤
❤ 70's slashers ❤
sharks ❤ clowns ❤
❤ pokemon ❤ art
by spheal on th ❤
snubbulls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eat kids » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:54 pm

"YAY!" I am seeing a counselor tomorrow, I don't even the heck know this person. And yet my mom picked her out, she says, "Give her a chance, she seemed real kind over the phone." I don't trust telling people about my feelings, usually, and especially not in person! I keep my life to myself, every emotion and problem I have I keep to myself. Is any of that wrong? What's wrong with me? I seem like I have an unhappy life, and I am always Mad. HELP!
eat kids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm

pm me?
Last edited by storm coming. on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:04 pm

my bff is having a few troubles that I know she'd prefer me not to say. So, it's not too specific, but here's this:
She can be a little unstable. She's not easily upset, but recently we were having a discussion on very serious matters of which i will not specify. She began to cry because she felt like she was selfish for feeling useless and wishing that she could disappear from the earth. She went into more detail about her past, eventually apologizing needlessly to me and saying that she'd never leave me, and that she never meant to do anything to herself.
I did the best I could, but I'm not exactly the best at comforting people. I know a whole lot about it, like some things to say, and what I would like to have said to me in times of distress, but I just don't know what to do. Anyway, we sat there crying and hugging for a while. when we both stopped, she said that she'd never told anyone these things and that she'd never cried in front of anyone before. This definitely made me feel closer to her in a way i've never felt before.
I never want to make her feel upset like that again, but if it ever happens, I don't know how I should handle it... Any advice on what I might say to her to comfort her, reassure her that everything's okay?

--

If anyone wants to talk, i'm open for conversations about anything.
I'm always happy to help in any matter, or even just listen to anything you have to say.
Just Pm me and i'll get back to you asap.

--

I need to vent just a bit. Ya know... Let go of some of those bottled up feelings.
Years ago, when I was about six or seven - first grade - I lost my mom. I don't know how I feel about this... Of course, I miss her... But do I really? So, we are bonded by family ties. I am very glad to have had someone in my life, even if it was only a small time that I can remember. But, the only things I remember about her was yelling, screaming, storming rage and horrid misunderstandings. I have some very... Well... Not-so-great role models on her side of the family. Let's just say that their money has been spent on bad influences. I used to live with these people, live with the constant smell of cigarette smoke and the sound of yelling and inappropriate language. Sure, my dad, (Who is 100% the most important, caring, understanding person I will ever know) who tried to stop it all, and my Aunt, who tried to help out a bit... But nothing really helped. My dad worked eight to nine hours a day on minimum wage at some place twenty-five minutes away, had to buy food for about ten people, cook, clean, and deal with any issues caused by two irresponsible boys in their young teens (Usually stealing mother's medical substances and lighters, also doing things that could narrowly be described as torture -more mental than physical- to their very young sister -me-) this, of course, cause so many problems in my life, that I could never even begin to explain.
Long story short, my mom wasn't exactly the best to have around, and often brought bad influences into our house. She made it much harder for my dad to take care of everything, and I was stuck in the middle of it. My opinion on this? I have no clue. No idea how to feel. Mad, sad, upset, sorry, happy... I suppose that's why it's not necessarily a sensitive subject now that it's been nearly ten years later... Many people feel sorry for me. I guess I understand. Them having two parents and all... But i'm so grateful for my dad. He does everything right, and I just want to be like that for my kids when I'm an adult.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Buddy and Oreo wrote:
"YAY!" I am seeing a counselor tomorrow, I don't even the heck know this person. And yet my mom picked her out, she says, "Give her a chance, she seemed real kind over the phone." I don't trust telling people about my feelings, usually, and especially not in person! I keep my life to myself, every emotion and problem I have I keep to myself. Is any of that wrong? What's wrong with me? I seem like I have an unhappy life, and I am always Mad. HELP!

I know it's really hard at the start, but a counselor is legally required to keep your secrets secret unless you risk putting yourself or others in physical harm, which it doesn't sound like you're in danger of. Furthermore, they're well-trained in helping people- they aren't going to judge you, or ridicule you. They're just there to help you. If you don't want to share something or talk about a certain topic, you don't have to! It's all up to you, but they are someone that you can trust.
      I know it's really difficult, but going to a counselor can be really liberating. I know my counselor quite well, and I find it really nice to get all my problems off my chest occasionally. Plus, she's been really helpful with some of my problems! It's not an instant cure, but it's not worthless either <3 On top of that, if you don't like her, you don't have to keep talking to her.
      Best of luck!

rose boy wrote:My new semester starts tomorrow
With all new classes and people.
I'm scared that I'll be made fun of for being trans, gay and/or emo. I don't know how to tell people to call me "him" without being a pushover. God I'm really stressed and I can't grind my schedule either. My grades sucked last semester what if they just get worse? What if I start feeling more anxious and depressed? What if no one likes me and leaves me out?

I really wish I had advice for you- but I can tell you one thing: you are strong. You've made it this far, and you have the power and the perseverance to keep going. Everyone is anxious before the start of a new semester, and you have every right to be so, so don't feel like it's wrong or weak of you to be scared. It's human, and it's normal- the trick is remembering that you will make it through. You've been strong so far, and I know you can keep working through these hard times. I believe in you, and I'll be rooting for you <3 I really do hope that the start of the semester goes well!

ophelia. wrote:
      so my crazy ex called me cancerous and rubbed in the fact that he moved on and i havent
      .-.

Look, I'll be frank here: your ex doesn't know your life or your feelings. He doesn't know what you've faces or how you've felt. Everyone is different. His words may hurt, and I understand that it's impossible not to be hurt by such awful insults, but you need to remember that his words don't define you. You're an amazing person, and you're stronger than his insults. If he's bad for you, you can do everything in your power to cut him out of your life, or talk to someone if you can't do that easily. You do not deserve to be hurt <3

*ShadowMagic* wrote:
-snip-

The best thing you can do for your friend is to not ignore the problems she's had- don't try to pretend it never happened; when someone puts that much trust in you, they do it because they want you to understand the deeper parts of themselves. However, remember one thing- she trusted you, which means that you are someone they can rely on. If she was willing to trust you that much, it is because she truly believes she can rely on you to do the right thing when she needs help. Don't try to change how you act around her, just let her talk when she needs to, and let her know that you're willing to listen. Often, you don't even need to say much at all- just knowing that she can trust you is often enough.

And about your mother- the simple truth is, a biological relation doesn't mean you have to love her above all. I don't know all that's happened to you, and I can't pretend to understand your life, nor do I think I should. All I want to say is that your feelings are your feelings, and you don't need to justify them to anyone. It's okay for you to feel torn, conflicted, or otherwise- they're your feelings, and though they're feelings you may struggle with, you aren't wrong or right for feeling them. They are a part of you.

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me