TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby bowiee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:40 pm

smol mark
da vinky?
bowiee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Buddy and Oreo wrote:
"YAY!" I am seeing a counselor tomorrow, I don't even the heck know this person. And yet my mom picked her out, she says, "Give her a chance, she seemed real kind over the phone." I don't trust telling people about my feelings, usually, and especially not in person! I keep my life to myself, every emotion and problem I have I keep to myself. Is any of that wrong? What's wrong with me? I seem like I have an unhappy life, and I am always Mad. HELP!

Hey! Just wanna say there is NOTHING wrong with you. There are lots of people that are very private with their emotions and things like that. It's not a good or bad thing- sometimes we just feel best when we bottle things up! However, in my experience, talking to a counselor can feel very liberating, like a weight is lifting off of your shoulders. I encourage you to at least give it a try. It can seem scary and intimidating, but the counselor should be really kind, understanding and will work to make sure you feel comfortable. You don't have to spill your guts or anything- if it's your first time meeting, she will probably just ask you about simple things, like your interests, etc. Just try to give it a shot, ok? It's okay to feel scared but I promise you're gonna do fine <3
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby makoto niijima » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:43 pm

well i hate assignments,
i have two lates ones and idk what to do ..
makoto niijima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:45 pm

athena, wrote:well i hate assignments,

Hehehehe... don't follow in my footsteps, kiddo.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby sweet tea » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:46 pm

storm coming. wrote:-snip-

Have you tried talking to your school counselor about it? That's what they're there for. I understand what you mean about some not-so-nice teachers, however, it makes us stronger. If you think about it, there are so many rude people in the world and we all encounter them! The fact that you've put up with it and pushed through the class thus far proves how strong you are!

Also, as for the partner project situation, you should be proud of yourself for taking initiative. Not only did you save your own butt, you saved your partner's butt. The fact that your partner didn't do anything shows her lack of responsibility.

Focus on yourself, dear. When times are tough, we do what we have to to stay afloat. I'm sorry that you're having such rough experiences right now, but they build character and help make you stronger. You should be so proud of yourself! You're amazing.

aaaaa

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

sweet tea , hway
she/her , biology student

tea connoisseur
dog-obsessed
gym nut
sweet tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Assignments suck. Plain an simple. There isn't a person in the world who actually enjoys them (except when they're an actually fun assignment).

The reality is you just have to grit your teeth and do them. Once their done you'll be feeling SOOO much better. Just charge in and do them. Get rid of anything that might distract you and every once and a while give yourself a break so you don't get burnt out. good luck <3
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet tea » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Imabox wrote:

Assignments suck. Plain an simple. There isn't a person in the world who actually enjoys them (except when they're an actually fun assignment).

The reality is you just have to grit your teeth and do them. Once their done you'll be feeling SOOO much better. Just charge in and do them. Get rid of anything that might distract you and every once and a while give yourself a break so you don't get burnt out. good luck <3

the toughest part is starting it! once you get everything out and push yourself to finally start doing your work (however many hours, days, months, or lifetimes that may take), time flies like a breeze.

aaaaa

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

sweet tea , hway
she/her , biology student

tea connoisseur
dog-obsessed
gym nut
sweet tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby leverage » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:56 pm

storm coming. wrote:-snip-

Look, teachers can be self-important jerks; they don't need to pass a personality exam to become a teacher. And I've seen all sorts of awful. Once a teacher yelled at me in front of the class for 'not trying hard enough' and forced me to talk to him after class- never mind that my aunt was in the final days of her life, which he knew because I had warned him I'd be missing class soon to go to the funeral. This isn't about me, of course, but just know that I really do understand what you're feeling; I know what it's like to be that crushed by an authority figure.
First, my advice about the false accusations- be honest, and tell him that you understand if he wants to run your writing through a plagiarism checker. It's not ideal, but it will prove that you're being honest; sadly, many people refuse to admit they're wrong without empirical evidence. With the punishment for plagiarism being truly awful, you have every right to fight on your own behalf. If he tried to punish you in any way, such as taking points off or worse, you have every right to go to the school administration and defend yourself. No teacher can punish you without actual proof.
As for the rest of your day...your teacher sounds quite honestly awful. He has no right to treat you so poorly, accuse you our of no where, or make you feel uncomfortable. He has no right to call you out in front of your class either. It's cruel and unnecessary, and you have every right to be upset by it. Just remember, his words are a reflection on his own wrong-doing, not yours.
Also, just from personal experience: you don't need to feel that your classmates were judging you; in my experience, students do in fact understand that sometimes teachers are just jerks, and if anything, they're probably on your side.
Lastly, you should feel proud of your grammar skills. It's a skill that many people don't have, and the fact that you've put the time and effort into it reflects well on you. Don't let false accusations bring you down!
If the teacher keeps bothering you, you can go to the administration- generally, the counselors will listen, and look into the problem. I've seen many instances of that at work with teachers who were either rude or, in my case, completely sexist. Believe me, after a few students went to the administration, and the teacher was put in line, life got a whole lot better.
Best of luck and stay strong!
Last edited by leverage on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 pm

I don't want to talk about him. They're going to make me. I'm already feeling such awful emotions about him that I cannot describe. Someone took the marble statue of my childhood and smashed it. I don't want to admit that the marble was probably fake all along, and the only thing that made it look real was a child's naiveté. I don't want to acknowledge anything regarding him. Now is certainly not a good time, anyway.
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist