Getting a Tablet... but which one?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Getting a Tablet... but which one?

Postby FooGraphics » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Don't get Bamboo Pen and Touch . I got it last week and it broke >.< The pen was malfunctioning and died... I am never getting that tablet again :lol: I seriously need a new one ( this happend on MAC)
"Those of you in the cheaper seats, clap your hands. And the rest of you
just rattle your jewelry."

"I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and myself and I hoped we passed the audition."
-The Beatles

Thank you so much username2! I now have my Dream Pet ! Image
FooGraphics

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bearsy <3 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 am

I have a Wacom Bamboo One, but I haven't seen it on the Wacom website (which I think is American) , so it's either really old and isn't made anymore, or it's only sold in England. But it's fairly good as a starter tablet, it's small and lightweight, but nothing special. I love it anyway, although I'd really love a newer model, one that comes with Photoshop...
Mine was under £100 I do believe; I doubt my parents would spend over that on something that wasn't even a birthday/Christmas present. xP
Anyway, it came with an okay-ish program, fairly simple, and a free download for a choice of other Wacom programs. I went for Photo Studios, which I can't use right now, through no fault of the program or tablet, just my own stupidity. D;
Bearsy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gladstone » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:10 am

Don't ever get a Trust one. Mine broke after a couple of months. It was very cheap but overheated my computer a lot, and didn't come with any programs. I think with tablets, the more money you spend, the better they will be.
Gladstone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luff » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:17 am

I recommend a Bamboo Fun. I got it about a month ago, and it is really great. I use Photoshop CS5 with it, and it as all the en pressure touch and opacity touch sensitivity thing etc etc. Most of the Bamboo products are, in $AUS, around $200 - $300. I think there is a special professional one though that is around $1000. :O

So yeah.... Bamboo Fun is the way to go if you are me which you aren't so you will have to find what you like. :)
Seeking C$ and WL pets always <3 Feel free to make an offer on any of my open groups or items
Luff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calistaria » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 am

Aura wrote:I recommend a Bamboo Fun. I got it about a month ago, and it is really great. I use Photoshop CS5 with it, and it as all the en pressure touch and opacity touch sensitivity thing etc etc. Most of the Bamboo products are, in $AUS, around $200 - $300. I think there is a special professional one though that is around $1000. :O

So yeah.... Bamboo Fun is the way to go if you are me which you aren't so you will have to find what you like. :)

Do you know if there is any difference between the small and medium versions? I mean, do you have to be more accurate to draw on a small one, or..?

I still believe
It's you and me 'til the end of time

When we collide we come together
If we don't we'll always be apart
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me h a r d

'Cause you said love was letting us go against what
Our future is for many of horror
Our future is for many of horror
calistaria

My pets
My items