HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby cswolf. » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 pm

peppa wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: social sciences (but really any subject)
YOUR QUESTION: for my final project in one of my classes, i'm making a podcast! it's really cool and it's about a topic i'm really interested in, but i've never hosted a podcast before. i'm asking another one of my professors to speak to me on it, because the topic is close to his area of interest. i'm not particularly close with this professor but i've gone to his office hours and met with him before. i plan to ask him some questions and have an open conversation about the topic, but i'm nervous about being rigid/awkward/weird.

Does anyone have any advice for how to calm my nerves? what's the best way to introduce my professor? What makes a good podcast and how can I make a good impression on the guests and make them feel welcome?

Here is some advice for you c: I hope it helps at least a little bit. First off, to calm your nerves may I suggest planning what questions you are going to ask and talk to your professor beforehand. That way both of you know what you are going to say and what is going to be asked so that your podcast can flow freely. The best way to introduce your professor is to get him to introduce himself. Of course, line him up for a good introduction by using phrasing such as "Now we go to our resident expert on the scene {insert name here}. How about you introduce yourself and give one fun fact about yourself?" A good podcast is not one exact formula but a group of different "ideas". The best podcasts I have found are the podcasts where the listeners feel like they are just having a chat with old friends. I've no clue what the topic of the podcast is but whatever it is, make sure that you know what is going to be discussed and if there are going to be any "jargon" used that the average listener may not know so that you can define it for them if needed during the broadcast. If you have any other questions or need more advice, my PMs are always open c:
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm

cswolf. wrote:Here is some advice for you c: I hope it helps at least a little bit. First off, to calm your nerves may I suggest planning what questions you are going to ask and talk to your professor beforehand. That way both of you know what you are going to say and what is going to be asked so that your podcast can flow freely. The best way to introduce your professor is to get him to introduce himself. Of course, line him up for a good introduction by using phrasing such as "Now we go to our resident expert on the scene {insert name here}. How about you introduce yourself and give one fun fact about yourself?" A good podcast is not one exact formula but a group of different "ideas". The best podcasts I have found are the podcasts where the listeners feel like they are just having a chat with old friends. I've no clue what the topic of the podcast is but whatever it is, make sure that you know what is going to be discussed and if there are going to be any "jargon" used that the average listener may not know so that you can define it for them if needed during the broadcast. If you have any other questions or need more advice, my PMs are always open c:

so helpful, thank u! ^^

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:40 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: History
YOUR QUESTION: To what extent was Australia in danger of Japanese Invasion?

It’s a really controversial question that I’ve been researching I’ve discovered; some say Australia was never in any actual danger while others say Australia was. Basically in the essay, I’m claiming that Australia was never in danger of invasion wasn’t large. The main three arguments I have for this is Australia’s position in world war 2 and the allies they had along side them (UK, US), going through the fact that Australia did have reason to be fearful, but an invasion was never imminent and as well as why Japan ended up not invading Australia.

I honestly have no clue what I’m doing. I suck at History and I’m unsure if my arguments are even arguments. The essay is due in tomorrow so any help is really appreciate.

I’d love advice and facts about Japan’s threat of invasion towards Australia and how to go about explaining it. I’d also love help on what I should exactly be discussing and arguing against to prove that Japan never intended to actually invade Australia.

thanks so much <3
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Em Jay » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Math
YOUR QUESTION: I'm having trouble converting some measurements for plant food for my garden and I want to make sure I do it right. I'll try to make it as clear as I can, but I really can't wrap my head around it. So I'm using a 5 gallon bucket and a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon. The plant food instructions say to add 13-27 milliliters per 10 liters of water. I need to convert 5 gallons to liters and 1/2 a tablespoon to milliliters. I'm coming up with around 3.5 half tablespoons for 5 gallons, but that just doesn't seem right too me. Am I missing something?
permanently sleepy...
visit my trade thread here

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Em Jay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Em Jay wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Math
YOUR QUESTION: I'm having trouble converting some measurements for plant food for my garden and I want to make sure I do it right. I'll try to make it as clear as I can, but I really can't wrap my head around it. So I'm using a 5 gallon bucket and a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon. The plant food instructions say to add 13-27 milliliters per 10 liters of water. I need to convert 5 gallons to liters and 1/2 a tablespoon to milliliters. I'm coming up with around 3.5 half tablespoons for 5 gallons, but that just doesn't seem right too me. Am I missing something?

5 (US) gallons is around 19 liters (according to the internet) [1 gallon ~ 3.8 liters]
19 liters needs between 25 and 50 ml (I’ve rounded it a bit, but an exact amount isn’t needed so it should be alright) [13*1.9 = 24.7 and 27*1.9 = 51.3]

1 tablespoon = 15 ml, so 1/2 tablespoon = 7.5 ml
So it’s needed between 3 + 1/3 and 6 + 2/3 Half tablespoons. [25/7.5 and 50/7.5]

So 3 and 1/2 tablespoons is correct
Since it is within the required range but more can be used as well since it’s low in the range.
If you’d like to be in the middle of the range, 5 half tablespoons is what you’d want

Hope this helps!

Answer: From 3 + 1/3 to 6 + 2/3 Half tablespoons
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Em Jay » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 pm

LostInTheEcho wrote:5 (US) gallons is around 19 liters (according to the internet) [1 gallon ~ 3.8 liters]
19 liters needs between 25 and 50 ml (I’ve rounded it a bit, but an exact amount isn’t needed so it should be alright) [13*1.9 = 24.7 and 27*1.9 = 51.3]

1 tablespoon = 15 ml, so 1/2 tablespoon = 7.5 ml
So it’s needed between 3 + 1/3 and 6 + 2/3 Half tablespoons. [25/7.5 and 50/7.5]

So 3 and 1/2 tablespoons is correct
Since it is within the required range but more can be used as well since it’s low in the range.
If you’d like to be in the middle of the range, 5 half tablespoons is what you’d want

Hope this helps!

Answer: From 3 + 1/3 to 6 + 2/3 Half tablespoons

Thank you so much, that really helps! It's a relief to know my math wasn't horribly wrong.
permanently sleepy...
visit my trade thread here

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Em Jay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brumby_queen » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:34 pm

mark for later going to need this ;-;
Brumby_queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dillydallydarlene » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 am

I need to figure out how to split 2,005.50
4 way's

The Spot for A&B combined: needs to Total 1,305.50
The Spot for C& D combined: needs to Total 800

Place A:
Place B:

Place C:
Place D:
dillydallydarlene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:12 am

dillydallydarlene wrote:I need to figure out how to split 2,005.50
4 way's

The Spot for A&B combined: needs to Total 1,305.50
The Spot for C& D combined: needs to Total 800

Place A:
Place B:

Place C:
Place D:

With the totals needed for the two divisions, it is impossible since 1,305.50 + 800 = 2,105.50 > 2,005.50.

However, under the assumption that 2,005.50 is a typo and should be 2,105.50 it can be solved.

First we can separate the two scenarios with A+B and C+D since they do not affect each other.

If we say that A = x then B will be 1305.50 - x
For example: A = 600 gives B = 1305.50 - 600 = 705.50

And do the same for C and D
If C = y then D = 800 - y

Or if A & B and C & D should be equal
Then it’s A = B = 1305.50/2 = 652.75
And C = D = 800/2 = 400

I hope this helps you out!
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon