Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby FLYBOY » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:45 am

souldier wrote:
StrawberryPaintBall wrote:
FLYBOY wrote:Image
My fursuit came in yesterday!

OH my goodness that is such a cute suit! Holy heck dude
Who's the maker? Oh man I think I just found Milk's maker

I believe that is Ugolek suits, I follow them on Instagram and watches the progress of this one >v<
Such a pretty kitty, congrats on your new suit!

You're right ^ Their fa is here if you want to check them out, I'd totally recommend them! Super good prices too.
I'm actually working on a first impressions review of this guy, I can post it here when I'm done if any of yall would be interested in reading it!
And ty for the positive comments everyone!
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am

Finished up my review!
It's super long, but I wanted to be thorough. It's also sectioned off so you can read just the things you're interested in.

This is on a google doc, but it's on a side account with zero personal information on it, not even my real name. There's also some pictures in the document but none of them show my face or anything not allowed on CS.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:29 am

Any constructive criticism before I start the furring of the head? c:
Palette Manokit wrote:Quick Otter head update
Didn't change much, added eyes&tape-fur will be here soon so I'm gonna be furring it. Constructive criticism welcome :D
I have also decided that I'm going to make a full (plantigrade) suit for this otter :D This will be my first time doing it and I'm super excited >u<
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:37 am

Palette Manokit wrote:Any constructive criticism before I start the furring of the head? c:
Palette Manokit wrote:Quick Otter head update
Didn't change much, added eyes&tape-fur will be here soon so I'm gonna be furring it. Constructive criticism welcome :D
I have also decided that I'm going to make a full (plantigrade) suit for this otter :D This will be my first time doing it and I'm super excited >u<

It's recognizable as an otter, so that's good! A lot of suits of less common animals look too much like dogs or cats, but I could tell this was an otter before I read the caption.
I'm not a maker so I don't really have any tips for changing/fixing things, just some things that jumped out at me -
The upper bridge of the nose/eyebrow on one side looks a little bit asymmetrical, I don't know how practical it is to fix that but it would probably look better if you can!
Also, the cheeks look a little undefined, for lack of a better word? Exaggerating the proportions of the cheeks a bit can make a lot of fursuits look super cute.
And the smile line of the mouth could probably be a little more defined? But I'm not sure how that will look with fur.
Again, I'm not a maker, so these might not be the most constructive comments, whoops. But hopefully it helped! It looks really good overall. You said it's your first, right? Because it looks amazing for a first head ^^
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:07 am

FLYBOY wrote:It's recognizable as an otter, so that's good! A lot of suits of less common animals look too much like dogs or cats, but I could tell this was an otter before I read the caption.
I'm not a maker so I don't really have any tips for changing/fixing things, just some things that jumped out at me -
The upper bridge of the nose/eyebrow on one side looks a little bit asymmetrical, I don't know how practical it is to fix that but it would probably look better if you can!
Also, the cheeks look a little undefined, for lack of a better word? Exaggerating the proportions of the cheeks a bit can make a lot of fursuits look super cute.
And the smile line of the mouth could probably be a little more defined? But I'm not sure how that will look with fur.
Again, I'm not a maker, so these might not be the most constructive comments, whoops. But hopefully it helped! It looks really good overall. You said it's your first, right? Because it looks amazing for a first head ^^

Alrighty!!
So, 1st: I don't know if I'll be able to fix the fact that it's a bit asymmetrical, but I can definitely try to!
2nd: Hmm, true true! However I think currently the puffiness of the cheeks fits the character (drawing of the character can be found here)
3rd: Haha, about that, it's actually not supposed to necessarily be a "smile" more of like, when you make the oooo sound-does that make sense? xD
4th: Not necessarily my first suit, I've made one before (partial), however this is going to be my first FULL suit :3
And lastly, thank you so much for the criticism! Even if you're not a maker it especially helps because you have the view of a customer, and in the future I actually wanna try doing commissions c:

EDIT] Forgot pic, of character, here it is.
Last edited by Palette Manokit on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:18 am

StrawberryPaintBall wrote:
So, this actually looks fantastic! Same as FLYBOY said, I recognized it was an otter before reading anything. I would say the ears are a bit small, since fur tends to swallow up small details. If you want them a little more defined, I would make them a little bigger so they show. Also with the cheeks, you may want to add a little more, just so they don't look completely flat in the final product. Other than that, along with what FLYBOY had pointed out about the nose structure being a little asymmetrical, it is such a cute suit! Can't wait to see the final product! c:
The character is absolutely adorable too!!

Thanks a bunch for the criticism! Here are my answers to what you said c:
1: So I actually thought about it, and my sister helped me determine whether or not the ears were too small/too big. I ended up going with the size since otter's ears are naturally small and a lot of otter fursuit heads have them (in my opinion) a tad too big.
2: Alrighty, I don't know if I'll be re-doing the nose since it took me like, two hours, just to figure out how to do the nose perfectly xD However I do agree that it does look a bit asymmetrical
It makes me happy to know that you guys recognize it as an otter beforehand c: And thank you so much for the compliments ^-^ Even though it doesn't even compare to some beautiful Otter fursuits xD
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:39 am

snip
Last edited by black water on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am

•ιnιgo• wrote:i got a picture of my almost completed first fursuit head! i just need to add the neck, line the mouth, add the nose, fix up the eyes, and i should be done! i might go back on shaving a bit, though. i've been told it looked good for a first suit. to complete my partial, i just need to finish up the paws and make the tail.

It looks great!! I'm glad it's almost done and I can't wait to see the finished outcome c:

Need help with fur stain!!! Info below!

So, my fur came today, and when I looked at the blue fur I got I noticed it has two stains (not huge, will try to get pics)-it looks kinda like a small chocolate stain and I'm wondering, how hard do you guys think it will be to get out? I'm not too worried about it since it's not super big and I can work around it-or even without it-but I do wanna try to get the stain out.
The only thing is, on the receipt it says the following;
"All claims for shortage and damage must be made within 3 days of delivery of goods. There can be no claim made once a fabric is cut, used or altered in anyway..."
So if I do try to get the stain out I won't be able to return it at all if I end up wanting to (in the span of three days)
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:38 am

Palette Manokit wrote:Need help with fur stain!!! Info below! [/b]
So, my fur came today, and when I looked at the blue fur I got I noticed it has two stains (not huge, will try to get pics)-it looks kinda like a small chocolate stain and I'm wondering, how hard do you guys think it will be to get out? I'm not too worried about it since it's not super big and I can work around it-or even without it-but I do wanna try to get the stain out.
The only thing is, on the receipt it says the following;
"All claims for shortage and damage must be made within 3 days of delivery of goods. There can be no claim made once a fabric is cut, used or altered in anyway..."
So if I do try to get the stain out I won't be able to return it at all if I end up wanting to (in the span of three days)

If they have a return policy for damaged/stained fur, I think it would honestly be more worth it to you to just get new fur. Of course you can hand wash the fur with a mild detergent and hang it out to dry or otherwise toss it in the dryer on air fluff, but I do suggest getting in contact with the company you bought it from and getting new fur if you can.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am

Queenie! wrote:If they have a return policy for damaged/stained fur, I think it would honestly be more worth it to you to just get new fur. Of course you can hand wash the fur with a mild detergent and hang it out to dry or otherwise toss it in the dryer on air fluff, but I do suggest getting in contact with the company you bought it from and getting new fur if you can.

Alright, to be completely honest I would much prefer not calling them (idk why, just seems like it'd take a lot of time... Granted quality over quantity is important when fursuit making) Below are the pics of the stains, after I hear other advice (and see what my Mom thinks since she's good with this kinda stuff) I'll make up my mind as to what I'll do.

Stains:
1-Bigger/more noticeable stain
2-Almost Barely Noticeable
3-Barely noticed
The fact of how zoomed in I am should give a rough idea of how small they are, the biggest one is about the size of my finger nail giver take
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me