Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby Zodie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Username: Zodie
Are you a Furry or a Fan: Neither, I'm an artist adjacent to the 'fandom'. I got into suit making about 10 years ago because I'm one of those weirdo otherkin weirdos. Go figure, right?
Do you own a fursuit: Hoooo boi do I ever~
If so have any pictures:Image
Fave thing about the Fandom: You're probably not going to like this answer, but I've had a lot of bad experiences with the fandom, and a lot of members have treated me so badly that it's caused me to not enjoy making as much, which is a shame. I thought it'd be a cool idea to use CS to upload some wipples maybe

You know, unless this isn't the right place for that and I'll be sure to leave~
❄️❆I deserve to be able to play this game free of bullying- from ANYONE❆❄️
doesn't matter if you personally like me or not c:
Zodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience Zodie :( The fandom certainly has a problem with witch hunting and harassing people over any inkling of wrong-doing. It’s something that really needs to be worked on, the sheer amount of harassment that’s aimed at some people is unbelievable. I know atleast one fur has been lost to it this year.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zodie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience Zodie :( The fandom certainly has a problem with witch hunting and harassing people over any inkling of wrong-doing. It’s something that really needs to be worked on, the sheer amount of harassment that’s aimed at some people is unbelievable. I know atleast one fur has been lost to it this year.

It's sort of sad because any interest I had in actually joining the fandom is completely gone. A lot of my friends are, though, and they consistently say this is one of those things they'd really like to see change. Unfortunately, this doesn't look like it's improving, given that last example you've given, You'd think this would be a priority in an "accepting" and "tolerant" fandom that constantly describes itself as a "family".

I can't really go into detail with a lot of my instances, because a lot of it is not v PG-13 as you might imagine. my life has been threatened on multiple occasions and I've even dealt with the possibility of physical harm when someone was angry with me when I wouldn't make them a fursuit head for getting a Kiriban on my old FA page, it doesn't get better as time goes on. I've had to give a lot up, and I've lot more than a few good friends.

When I hear people talk about the positive experiences they've had with the fandom, I get a lot of mixed feelings. On one hand I'm sort of envious that my experience was so bad and other people got so much out of it. I really want this to change, but I'm really not surprised it hasn't. I really wanted it to be as good of an experience as people make it out to be, but I understand why this might not happen for me. It's just the way it goes I guess. I'm still really sad about it.

In OTHER news~
I'm making a set of eyes for a toony lion head finally now that I have said materials. There will be wipples later.
Zodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 pm

CrackerQuacker wrote:
cishet wrote:i'm not a furry i just think fursuits are super cool!

same here, just a question. do those with fursuits also go out to trick or treat with their suits? that'd be really fun/cool

I saw a couple people last halloween trick or treating in their suits! I might be handing out candy in mine this year.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm

@Zodie- I don’t really have much personal experience with the fandom, but that’s really sad that you had to go through that. Some people are just jerks, no matter what fandom or group they belong to :c
(By the way, I really love your suit!)

Silver Pandorica wrote:Hey guys! Sorry for the double post, but I really could use some help and critique on my foam base for my canine head. I’m not sure if the shapes are quite right, and I’d love any assistance!

https://sta.sh/28soeh4pbqv?edit=1

(I am aware the ears are off and plan on fixing them, but besides that)
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:27 pm

@Zodie
I haven't had a very good experience with the fandom either, honestly. I've been attacked for not agreeing with certain opinions, creeped on by all kinds of weirdos, harassed for my art, and plenty more. Nowadays I just keep my distance, I don't even do art commissions anymore because it's just too dang stressful.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zodie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 am

Wow, I didn't realise that so many other people on this board would feel p much the same way as me on that front regarding the fandom. Every time I open my mouth, I'm expecting to get thrown under the bus.

I have a tasty wipple~
"off-Brand Kovu"

ofc I can't finish right now because my machine is broken and I'm not sure when I'm getting a new one because the shop I took it to has terrible service. Apparently the machine I ordered is backordered and no one at that company apparently had the foresight to at least text me letting me know. So I've been waiting two weeks for nothing expecting them to call or text or something, and the person who was supposed to call me said "Oh, It's my bad".

Yeah, well, now your problem is mine because I have to tell three customers why their stuff isn't done or at least being worked on lol

They're not escaping this bad review ;v
Zodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Zodie wrote:
Wow, I didn't realise that so many other people on this board would feel p much the same way as me on that front regarding the fandom. Every time I open my mouth, I'm expecting to get thrown under the bus.

I have a tasty wipple~
-snip-
"off-Brand Kovu"

ofc I can't finish right now because my machine is broken and I'm not sure when I'm getting a new one because the shop I took it to has terrible service. Apparently the machine I ordered is backordered and no one at that company apparently had the foresight to at least text me letting me know. So I've been waiting two weeks for nothing expecting them to call or text or something, and the person who was supposed to call me said "Oh, It's my bad".

Yeah, well, now your problem is mine because I have to tell three customers why their stuff isn't done or at least being worked on lol

They're not escaping this bad review ;v

Looks cool so far! And good luck with the sewing machine stuff, that sucks.
My only question is, why is the light reflecting on the eyes reversed? I normally see it the other way, with both eyes matching, if that makes any sense?
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zodie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 pm

My only question is, why is the light reflecting on the eyes reversed? I normally see it the other way, with both eyes matching, if that makes any sense?

I've actually seen it done both ways, I just like to do it that way ;v

I have gr9, no, this is gr10 news, my machine is going to be here tomorrow aw ye I can finally finish up this bad boi~
and this tail I had that I was working on that I couldn't finish
and this set of indoor feets

and
*giant list unrolls at my feet*
Zodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:33 am

snip
Last edited by black water on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave