Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 pm

I used to be a furry until my dog ripped up my suit :( it cost me 1200$ roughly and was a covertble suit (you could take off the sleeves from the paws the sleeves from the top the top from the bottoms the bottom from the paws etc.) and it was amazing! it was the cutest dutch Angel dragonxhusky ever!

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Kira:. » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Ana the Derp wrote:I used to be a furry until my dog ripped up my suit :( it cost me 1200$ roughly and was a covertble suit (you could take off the sleeves from the paws the sleeves from the top the top from the bottoms the bottom from the paws etc.) and it was amazing! it was the cutest dutch Angel dragonxhusky ever!

Having a suit is not a requirement to be a furry. Just thought I'd let you know. There are so many furries who DON'T own suits. Some like digital or traditional art, others like written character stories. Some don't even have fursonas. Being a furry is liking the idea of anthropomorphized animals.
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova.In.Orbit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05 am

.:Kira:. wrote:
Having a suit is not a requirement to be a furry. Just thought I'd let you know. There are so many furries who DON'T own suits. Some like digital or traditional art, others like written character stories. Some don't even have fursonas. Being a furry is liking the idea of anthropomorphized animals.

PREACH! I'm not sure why it came to be that you must own a suit to be a furry! I called myself a furry years before I got a suit! Now I make suits and own a Quadsuit! Funny part is, a Quadsuit isn't really part of the furry fandom overall idea! LOL
《 Newly Discovered Pocket Myth Adict 》

Azura

Hades
Nova.In.Orbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 am

I got my feetpaws done c: Pretty proud of them since they're my first ones xD :3
Attachments
feets.png
feets.png (268.99 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:15 am

Kiwi_Fluff wrote:I got my feetpaws done c: Pretty proud of them since they're my first ones xD :3

Those look great! Way better than my first pair lol.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:
Kiwi_Fluff wrote:I got my feetpaws done c: Pretty proud of them since they're my first ones xD :3

Those look great! Way better than my first pair lol.

Thanks c: The only thing I need now is sleeves, but that's kinda option and idk if I have enough fur for them xD But I'm gonna try making them c:
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar123456789 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:26 am

firestar123456789 wrote:Username: firestar123456789
Are you a Furry or a Fan: I would like to be a furry someday for now a fan :3
Do you own a fursuit: nope not yet
If so have any pictures: as stated above don't own one
Fave thing about the Fandom: the creativity! its so crazy and cool I love it!

awesome to know! I'm still so new this is whole thing xD ive loved arthropomorphized animals for years but didn't know a fandom existed up until now, I actually do have a character id love to own as a fursuit one day for now I'm into stories of my characters/art, now I have a question how did you guys come up with your characters or what inspired you to make them?
Image Image
firestar123456789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 pm

firestar123456789 wrote:awesome to know! I'm still so new this is whole thing xD ive loved arthropomorphized animals for years but didn't know a fandom existed up until now, I actually do have a character id love to own as a fursuit one day for now I'm into stories of my characters/art, now I have a question how did you guys come up with your characters or what inspired you to make them?

How people come up with their characters will vary depending on who you ask! There really is no one way to come up with one.
Some people will spend months just picking a SPECIES, especially in the case of a fursona.

If you ask me, the way I came up with my characters depends on if you're asking me about my OCs or my fursona. My OCs are simply inspired by the animals that I think are really neat --- everything else gets filled in later. Sometimes I don't actively think about their characterizations, I'm lazy and just write as things come to mind over time.

My fursona is a little different, and I built it around my interests. I even grew it around an old nickname that I used to have, and then gave it its own name that also fills that pattern. So basically, since my old nickname was "Bronze", I went off the fact that bronze medals are given to third place winners in anything that calls for that, so I gave my fursona three eyes, three tails, three ears, and three fingers/toes on each paw. Then I picked the name "Ferric" for him, which refers to chemical compounds containing iron with a valence of three.

Don't worry about the chemistry terminology if you're not familiar with it, the point I'm trying to get across is that I kept the theme of "three" consistent when giving the fursona a name.

But again, that's just using how I do things as an example! If you asked 50 different people to explain their fursona/character making process, I can promise you'll get at least nearly that many different answers.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 am

firestar123456789 wrote:Username: firestar123456789
Are you a Furry or a Fan: I would like to be a furry someday for now a fan :3
Do you own a fursuit: nope not yet
If so have any pictures: as stated above don't own one
Fave thing about the Fandom: the creativity! its so crazy and cool I love it!

Agree! I've been a furry for over a year, and didn't have a fursuit for the majority of the time. I just enjoyed the whole idea of Anthro's and made some art. It's definitely a big misconception, especially outside the fandom, that you need a fursuit to be a furry.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova.In.Orbit » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:18 am

Hey is anyone thinking of going to IFC this year? Or anyone go last year?

(IFC - IndyFurCon; located in Indianapolis, Indiana - usually happens in the last week of August!)
《 Newly Discovered Pocket Myth Adict 》

Azura

Hades
Nova.In.Orbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me