"How to bookmark a Topic" Guide

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: "How to bookmark a Topic" Guide

Postby Dark Archangel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Hrrm, I`ve seen many people saying "Bookmarking." thing. >.> They`re super annoying. Thanks for making this guide.
Dark Archangel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 am

It's not the web browser that needs to support the feature, as it is a built in feature of phpbb (the forum software). So it will work on all browsers.

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mayorati » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 am

Okay, thanks for the info :)
But then I wonder why so many people are saying it doesn't work with their browser/computer/whatever.
Last edited by Mayorati on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mayorati

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Narwhal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks for making this. :) It's annoying when reading through topics and keep seeing 'bookmarking' all the time.
The Narwhal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mayorati » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 am

You're all welcome, I'm glad I can help the community a bit. :)

(And I edited the first post, so the browsers aren't shown as a reason why it's not working anymore.)
Mayorati

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 am

Maybe they don't know why it's not working and blame their browsers? Or use their browsers as an excuse not to do it?

Anyway, great job on the guide ^_^ Now we just have to get people to read it xD

Frankly, I'm kind of surprised that we need a topic showing how to bookmark stuff *headdesk* But if it cuts down all the "bookmarking" posts... Though I've seen some people post "bookmarking", know about the Bookmark feature and refuse to use it because it'll take longer for them to get to Bookmarks or something like that and they'd rather wade through every post they made to find it *sigh*
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeeLi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 pm

EnteHühnchen wrote:Frankly, I'm kind of surprised that we need a topic showing how to bookmark stuff *headdesk* But if it cuts down all the "bookmarking" posts... Though I've seen some people post "bookmarking", know about the Bookmark feature and refuse to use it because it'll take longer for them to get to Bookmarks or something like that and they'd rather wade through every post they made to find it *sigh*

For one, I find it a lot easier and faster to 'mark' a thread and find it in my posts because it is one click away rather than 2 clicks. As pathetic as it sounds, it is one less page to load and saves those precious seconds of limited time I have on the internet or rush to grab an usermade adoptable.
On top of that I find the 'view your posts' a lot easier to use than 'bookmarks' because I learnt how to use it as a newbie and it's like an habit of mine to check 'view my posts' for any updates on threads I’ve recently posted in or interested in (recently commented threads get 'bumped' up in 'view your post' and has a search function which makes it easy to use. So you are not wading through posts (Not that I post that much to have 20 pages of threads I have posted on)).
But don't worry, I don't 'bookmark' or 'mark' threads, I force myself to make a comment on the discussed subject because I've been told off as a newbie about 'bookmarking' (The mods scared me stiff because I thought I could be banned from CS for bookmarking XD).
Anyway, this is probably why many people refuse to use the bookmark feature and was mine before I started to comment rather than mark. Let’s just hope that some people read this guide and the mods keep up their good work :3
LeeLi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

LeeLi wrote:
EnteHühnchen wrote:Frankly, I'm kind of surprised that we need a topic showing how to bookmark stuff *headdesk* But if it cuts down all the "bookmarking" posts... Though I've seen some people post "bookmarking", know about the Bookmark feature and refuse to use it because it'll take longer for them to get to Bookmarks or something like that and they'd rather wade through every post they made to find it *sigh*

For one, I find it a lot easier and faster to 'mark' a thread and find it in my posts because it is one click away rather than 2 clicks. As pathetic as it sounds, it is one less page to load and saves those precious seconds of limited time I have on the internet or rush to grab an usermade adoptable.
On top of that I find the 'view your posts' a lot easier to use than 'bookmarks' because I learnt how to use it as a newbie and it's like an habit of mine to check 'view my posts' for any updates on threads I’ve recently posted in or interested in (recently commented threads get 'bumped' up in 'view your post' and has a search function which makes it easy to use. So you are not wading through posts (Not that I post that much to have 20 pages of threads I have posted on)).
But don't worry, I don't 'bookmark' or 'mark' threads, I force myself to make a comment on the discussed subject because I've been told off as a newbie about 'bookmarking' (The mods scared me stiff because I thought I could be banned from CS for bookmarking XD).
Anyway, this is probably why many people refuse to use the bookmark feature and was mine before I started to comment rather than mark. Let’s just hope that some people read this guide and the mods keep up their good work :3

I actually have my subscriptions thing bookmarked/favourited in my browser to save time xD When I get email updates, all I have to do is open a new tab and click a button lol

It's not the actual process that bothers me. If you want, post and then find it later in "View my posts". I just think that'd be a hassle.

But posting nothing other than "Marking"/"Bookmarking"? You could at least add to the discussion...
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mayorati » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:24 pm

@ LeeLi
I understand what you mean. And if you say something to the discussion they have in the thread that's not really what I meant. (I think it's okay that way, I don't know what the mods or someone else think/s. xD) I did it myself as I were a newbie and now, that I know how to really bookmark a topic I find that a lot easier.
I just see that many people write "I can't bookmark, it's not working. So I have to post it." and I think: "Maybe you just don't know how to?"
And that's why I made this guide. Okay, yeah, and because I think those posts are not looking nice anywhere. xD
Mayorati

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:03 am

*marking*

:P . . . kidding ;)

I love the bookmarking feature :) . . . it shows me all the important threads that I need to keep track of. Plus, their always highlighted in there when someone posts on it so its easier to read and keep up with the topic
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me