A rant: Chat-speak, trends and utterly rude children

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: A rant: Chat-speak, trends and utterly rude children

Postby ru. » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm

My little brother is SO rude!! He's in third grade and makes my mother wait on him hand and foot, and it utterly disgusts me! He wakes her up from sleeping and naps to get him food. When I was in KINDERGARTEN I was making myself cereal with water because I didn't want to wake my mom to pour me milk. He yells, hits, throws stuff. He does whatever he wants. He has NO respect for my parents at ALL. He yells back at them, calls them names, he even sometimes HITS them! My mom always, ALWAYS stands up for him too. She says; "He's just little." He is old enough to know right from wrong and to have manners. I did not, and NEVER will dare to call my parents names; even if it is things like "stupid", and will never hit them or anything. I only called my mother a name once when I was little, and it was "jerk". My mother got on me so fast that I never dared call her a name again. But she never responds that way to my kid brother because he's the "baby".

I also hate all these stupid trends! I for one wear and get what I like and I don't give a flying crap what other people are wearing. I've gone to school wearing no make-up, torn jeans, and huge old guys t-shirts and sweatshirts before.
For people at my school, it's not the emo crap because their isn't an emo there, it's the preppy crowds. *gag* But ah well, my buddies are like me for the most part. <3

I also hate chatspeak and prefer using PROPER grammar.
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am

Ha! *hugs* I sympathize.

1. Again, I say this: How the heck did people who talk "lyk dis" manage to sign up for CS anyway, as it's pretty darn obvious they have trouble reading (and typing) words over 4 characters long. I imagine all their passwords are short, too.

2. I've actually been emo-steampunk since I was 6 years old, it's a part of who I am :3 I have 3 ear piercings, a diamond tattoo on my forehead (mostly to disguise a scar I have there) and I dress mostly in black, lacy/sheer, victorian clothes. My hair is naturally black, though :3 And I only wear a bit of makeup, mostly because my best friend, who's a guy, told me he doesn't like how I look with it on.

3. Yup, I hate that too. Which is why I'm raising Kiko to be kind, polite, and respectful (but not all the share and make friends stuff). I also hate it when I'm at the supermarket where I work and I tell kids not to open the packages and their parents foam at the mouth at me because I'm "parenting." Sorry, mothers, if you're not doing it I'm taking over.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

I completely agree; I think there's a good topic going about this in the Over 18 board, too ;3

-pulls out hair-
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Moonflight wrote:I completely agree; I think there's a good topic going about this in the Over 18 board, too ;3

-pulls out hair-

3 more years ><
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Moonflight wrote:I completely agree; I think there's a good topic going about this in the Over 18 board, too ;3

-pulls out hair-

It'll be about 4 more years before I'm welcome there :lol:

@Rosepose: I don't have a problem with people like you, who do something because they like it. It's the 'Oh it's the in thing so I'm going to do it because everyone else is' attitude that urks me ;)

The idea of having piercings or a tattoo freaks me out too much. I am such a wuss when it comes to anything that might be remotely painful :D
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 am

I'm not eighteen years old yet but I still post there, it's more of just a guideline I think. The adult board exists so that older CS members can chat about things more relevant to their age group, and personally I feel that I fit in better there than on the rest of the board.

So... Basically you can post on the adult board if you feel that you are mature enough to do so.
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:37 am

Moonflight wrote:I'm not eighteen years old yet but I still post there, it's more of just a guideline I think. The adult board exists so that older CS members can chat about things more relevant to their age group, and personally I feel that I fit in better there than on the rest of the board.

So... Basically you can post on the adult board if you feel that you are mature enough to do so.

So, that still doesn't apply to me ><

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 am

I'll contribute piece by piece.

Chatspeak: I've encounted people on Gaia who speak something worse than chatspeak. It's like they took the English language chopped it up and put it in a blender and hit "puree". I've asked them to speak some form of recognizable English and they get all huffy and go "OMG U MAEK FUN OF SUM1 HU CANT TYP GUD UR SO MEEN BLAH BLAH BLAH". Maybe I'm asking too much. After all, I'm the type of person who uses semicolons in text messages and reviews it to make sure all capitalization is perfect.

But then I realize that I shouldn't have to take Chatspeak as a Second Language and thats it's common courtesy to... you know... make sense.

Fads: I see this in the furry fandom and it was amusing at first. Now it's just annoying. I knew this one emo fur who would come on and once a week threaten to kill himself and if we didn't want him to do, reply to his mass IM. It got to the point we stopped replying because we knew he'd be back the next day. To quote the Ranting Gryphon ""I'm going to end it all tomorrow!" No! Don't wait until tomorrow! You said that yesterday!"

Respect: I can't contribute much. But I will say every time I see a ten year old girl with one outfit that costs more than my entire wardrobe put together, I calculate how many starving children in Africa or abused animals could've been saved with that money.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adelle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

I agree with you. I hate chatspeak, it's very annoying, and personally, it's hard for me to read. And I (Not going with the flow) really hate how people use it in their everyday speech.

I hate today's trend, all the fashion and style, and the stupid clothes. I just like whatever's cheap and pretty. Anything on the clearance rack will do! Goth, I like black, and somewhat want to be goth. But I hate all the black make-up and nail polish.

Rude children, my personal pet peeve. One kid I met, was like 6, he was so rude and he was PUNCHING me. He slapped me in very inappropriate place, and these kids these days! *Shakes head* Mostly (This is true) that it's their diet. Rude children, I cannot stand them!
Note:

Taking a hiatus. Sorry, life's just busy at the moment. Dragonspirit will be taking care of my account while I am away. Dont expect to see me often or for a while.
Adelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:19 pm

LOLOL.
Okay... I'm not bothered by chat speak much.. I use it A LOT. Yeah yeah GUILTY!!! D:
But seriously, I can also speak normally.. Its just more fun to speak Chat speak sometime :3
I don't use it on forums and such -as- much x3 I use it mostly on MSN with my BFF's and stuff. or people I know don't mind..
But the kind of chat speak I don't like is this:
"Plz b3 my frndz i haz n0n an i n3dz to b3 1337"
I can understand it.
Its just..Numbers? for letters? ARE YOU MAD?? XDD

Trendzz..
Yes.. Annoying..
I have friends that decided they were emo. and they got the haircut and everything..
But, it didn't bug me 'till they got the haircut, in their eyes and such Aaaaahhh that bothers me, I like to read peoples eyes/faces to see how their feeling and when you can't see their eyes, YOU CAN'T SEE THEIR SOUL! HHAHAAAAA
...no Actually, its just harder to tell how they feel and such xDD

I can't stand it when people disrespect their parents.
I've told friends off when they don't listen to their parents. Which gets me in trouble with them xDDD
I'll be like "..Hey, she's your mom, you should listen to her.." and either they'll go blank or try to fight me.. Which don't work cuz I have UBER LEET HACKZ! (.. Ya see chat speak, sorry. XD)
I'm not perfect, right. I have my moments where I'm sure I've been disrespectful, but I try to apologize when I realize it wasn't nice/respectful..
I don't know of to many story's of people being really disrespectfulll. YAAA I'm borriinggg x33 but I do know that some people I know have serious problems accepting someone Else's opinion.. which can become hurtful..

Since I'm home schooled I really don't have a clue as to how big the trends are around here or how rude the kids areeee..
BUT
I do know that sometimes when you say Hi as they walk by they'll look around at each other then go like "Was she talking to YOU?!"
X_x
Cookie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me