The Good Type of Chain-mail. (It does exsist!)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

The Good Type of Chain-mail. (It does exsist!)

Postby shibe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 pm

NOTE:
I didn't make this up, I found it in one of the many, many chain letters I get. =.= So hence, I didn't forward it on. But I would like to share it with everyone here as I found it really touching.

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell.
    He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of little boy.

"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."

"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."

The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.

"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"

"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur.

The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse .

Slowly another little ball appeared,this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up.

"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."

With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers.

In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe.

Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands."

With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup.

Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy

"How much?" asked the little boy. "No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."

Please forward this on blah blah blah........

You all probably know the chain letters like this, the ones with a good meaning. But then it asks you to forward it on and such...Which I know I don't. :lol: If anyone else has stories like this that they recieve inside their inboxes, feel free to share them here!
please find me here
T | D | Y | W
shibe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Good Type of Chain-mail. (It does exsist!)

Postby nivvin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Awww! That;s sssooo sweet!
nivvin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:20 pm

That's the same thought I had. :3 Tank'uu for posting~
please find me here
T | D | Y | W
shibe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby omori » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh, I has a funny one that my friend sent me over the phone. As much as I hate forwards, I laughed at this one. It went something like this:

A biker was was riding his bike across a bridge. When no one could hear, the voice of God spoke to him: "As a gift for your well-doings to humanity, I will grant you one wish."

The biker stopped, and smiled. "Ok then, build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride my bike there."

The voice replied, "But that would take too much steel. Think of something that would help humanity."

After a few moments of thinking, the man finally said, "Ok, then. I wish all men could understand. Could understand why women say they're ok when they're not. Could understand why they cry for no reason. Could understand why they do everything that they do."

Just as the man was finished talking, God said, "Would you like that bridge with one lane or two?"

I just found that really funny. It's totally true.. Man will never understand us women. xD

[ waiting for something to happen? ]
omori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dasniu » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Cheshiba wrote:NOTE:
I didn't make this up, I found it in one of the many, many chain letters I get. =.= So hence, I didn't forward it on. But I would like to share it with everyone here as I found it really touching.

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell.
    He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of little boy.

"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."

"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."

The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.

"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"

"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur.

The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse .

Slowly another little ball appeared,this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up.

"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."

With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers.

In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe.

Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands."

With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup.

Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy

"How much?" asked the little boy. "No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."

Please forward this on blah blah blah........

You all probably know the chain letters like this, the ones with a good meaning. But then it asks you to forward it on and such...Which I know I don't. :lol: If anyone else has stories like this that they recieve inside their inboxes, feel free to share them here!

Wow.. That is touching. I love that chainletter, which is something I have never said in my life
Ampharos wrote:
Oh, I has a funny one that my friend sent me over the phone. As much as I hate forwards, I laughed at this one. It went something like this:

A biker was was riding his bike across a bridge. When no one could hear, the voice of God spoke to him: "As a gift for your well-doings to humanity, I will grant you one wish."

The biker stopped, and smiled. "Ok then, build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride my bike there."

The voice replied, "But that would take too much steel. Think of something that would help humanity."

After a few moments of thinking, the man finally said, "Ok, then. I wish all men could understand. Could understand why women say they're ok when they're not. Could understand why they cry for no reason. Could understand why they do everything that they do."

Just as the man was finished talking, God said, "Would you like that bridge with one lane or two?"

I just found that really funny. It's totally true.. Man will never understand us women. xD

XDDDDDD
dasniu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me