Middle School Chatter

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Middle School Chatter

Postby Gecko1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 am

maraquia wrote:Middle school is ok, but as soon as I got to middle school, I was happy to say good riddens to elementary. The food is actually sort of better than the elementary school's food, and sometimes they sell water and snacks at lunch time. Some of the teachers are mean/annoying but others are nice. It's just like elementary school except you have more privileges. {sp} We get to chew gum in class so long as the teacher can't tell what color the gum is. {A.K.A seeing it come out of your mouth} Some teachers even let you eat candy in their classroom! Neither me nor any of my friends have been tempted with drugs/tabacco/cigarettes/ect and it's stickly forbidden. Every so often people will come in with drug dogs and search around for any drugs, if they find one belonging to a student, then that student gets in deep serious trouble as it is illegal. The classes get harder, but your mind and knowledge should progress by then to not even thinking it's any harder. They do make you read more, and more than likely you will have to read a chapter book, but that's just another responsibility that comes with the perks. Sure there is more drama as with fights and friendships, ect. But overall, I enjoy it 10x better han I could have ever like elementary school. :3

SQUEE!! Wow, that's amazing. It sounds like heaven! I can't wait to go then! {But wth?? I'm in excel so we just finished reading Of Mice and Men and are about to read A Wrinkle in Time. Start reading chapter books? }
You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You think me rude but I
Would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems.
~ Owl City's Fireflies
[formerly Crayola and Squee]

A World Of Rain - A Literate Wolf Roleplay
Dream Dog is Pure Black Dog With Blue Eyes
Gecko1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mara. » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 am

Amythest wrote:
maraquia wrote:Middle school is ok, but as soon as I got to middle school, I was happy to say good riddens to elementary. The food is actually sort of better than the elementary school's food, and sometimes they sell water and snacks at lunch time. Some of the teachers are mean/annoying but others are nice. It's just like elementary school except you have more privileges. {sp} We get to chew gum in class so long as the teacher can't tell what color the gum is. {A.K.A seeing it come out of your mouth} Some teachers even let you eat candy in their classroom! Neither me nor any of my friends have been tempted with drugs/tabacco/cigarettes/ect and it's stickly forbidden. Every so often people will come in with drug dogs and search around for any drugs, if they find one belonging to a student, then that student gets in deep serious trouble as it is illegal. The classes get harder, but your mind and knowledge should progress by then to not even thinking it's any harder. They do make you read more, and more than likely you will have to read a chapter book, but that's just another responsibility that comes with the perks. Sure there is more drama as with fights and friendships, ect. But overall, I enjoy it 10x better han I could have ever like elementary school. :3

SQUEE!! Wow, that's amazing. It sounds like heaven! I can't wait to go then! {But wth?? I'm in excel so we just finished reading Of Mice and Men and are about to read A Wrinkle in Time. Start reading chapter books? }

Meh, my elementsry school didn't expect us to want to read chapter books, so the ydidn't make us. xD They just warned us that we will have to in middle school. xD
I read the rules before I broke them ; I broke the chains before they choked me out ; Now I pay close attention ; Really learned the code ; I learned to read the map before I hit the road

´•`•. .•´•`
Mara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animallover610 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 am

Hey, don't sweat it.
I was completely freaked out by going to junior high this year, and I had nothing to worry about(I am in 6th grade).
The first day was a little rough. My teacher showed me the classromms and then she gave us the schedule and let us go. I found a kid who was in the same classes as me and I followed him around to my morning classes. The rest of the day was easier, since my class all had the same classes.
And my junior high and elementry school are combined,(the junior high and elementry are at different sides, though) and we share a lunchroom, so the food for me was the same. And I can gaurntee you that the food won't be that bad.
No one has asked me to do drugs, and I don't think any 6th graders are doing drugs. You shouldn't worry about it.
And junior high can be really fun, too. Since you don't get to go on as many feild trips, we get to have big ones occasionaly, like the one we're taking in May, camp wilson. We get to stay there for 3 days and 2 nights, I think. :)
90% of teens would die if Facebook's Server crashed. If you are the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this in your Siggy.

99.99% of girls would pass out if Justin Bieber dissapeared. If you were the 0.01% happily poking your hostage with a spork post ths in your siggy.

Image Image Image Image

I'm just to awesome for my own good, and you know it. The people who hate me are just jelous of me and my superior awesomeness skills.
Animallover610

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiny Bubbles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:37 am

You shouldnt worry about being tempted to do drugs and smoke and such.
I know loads of people who go to my high school who've never even been asked to try it. There's quite a lot of people in my school who DO smoke and do drugs, mostly 3rd and 4th years, but its always their choice. There isnt too much the school can do about the smoking, apart from tell the parents. With drugs on the other hand, we have our own police officer and she does something about it.
The food is absolutely excellent! In my school, they sell pizzas, caramel shortcakes, all sorts of sandwiches and rolls and muffins(which are my personal favourites).
I wouldnt worry about going up; I wasnt too worried(mostly because I already had friends up there) but a lot of my friends were. I was the only girl in my class who wasnt crying XD Its actually great fun! Loads better than Primary!
Tiny Bubbles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gecko1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 am

Wow, middle school is really sounding fun now that you mention it...but of course I'm still going to be nervous anyhoot. I'll tell my friends that it's no big deal...they're either freaking out and sad that they're going or freaked out about being a ''big kid'' XD
You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You think me rude but I
Would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems.
~ Owl City's Fireflies
[formerly Crayola and Squee]

A World Of Rain - A Literate Wolf Roleplay
Dream Dog is Pure Black Dog With Blue Eyes
Gecko1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby correlate. » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:08 pm

I started middle school last year. We didn't even start Health class until this year, which wasn't so bad until now. We just learned about diseases and natural disasters. Now we're learning about the All Important Subject. n_n
I just bite my hand when I want to burst out laughing, or smack myself.

And hey, the food's not disgusting. It's not a five-star meal, sure, but it's not crappy. We don't have recess or a playground, just concrete and B-Ball hoops. We have to use our IDs to check out frisbees and such.
We switch classes, which is fun.

I've never heard of Elementary schools not requiring you to read chapter-books. I was reading Matilda in third grade, and a ninth grade reading level, too!
signed correlate.
correlate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mara. » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Maximum wrote:I started middle school last year. We didn't even start Health class until this year, which wasn't so bad until now. We just learned about diseases and natural disasters. Now we're learning about the All Important Subject. n_n
I just bite my hand when I want to burst out laughing, or smack myself.

And hey, the food's not disgusting. It's not a five-star meal, sure, but it's not crappy. We don't have recess or a playground, just concrete and B-Ball hoops. We have to use our IDs to check out frisbees and such.
We switch classes, which is fun.

I've never heard of Elementary schools not requiring you to read chapter-books. I was reading Matilda in third grade, and a ninth grade reading level, too!

Meh, we had to read so much within a period of time, but not specifically chapter books. Though we were encouraged to, it was not really a requirement. C:
I read the rules before I broke them ; I broke the chains before they choked me out ; Now I pay close attention ; Really learned the code ; I learned to read the map before I hit the road

´•`•. .•´•`
Mara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby correlate. » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Yeah, if we didn't, we'd get orange-carded(a method of dicipline). We didn't have a certain amount of time, we just had to read. Or D.rop E.verything A.nd R.ead. D.E.A.R for short... I love middle school, nuff said.
signed correlate.
correlate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby major tom » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Middle school isn't so bad. I go to a charter school because of my brother, and am very thankful for it. I don't care if anyone calls me crazy; I am quite used to it. Besides, this is simple and non-dangerous enough. I can "sense" presences, and in large crowds (Which I hate, due to my paranoia and) I get overwhelmed and splitting headaches. This is my first year, though a few days progress and it feels like years since I bid my grim goodbyes to my elementary school. As for the books; I was at a fifth-grade reading level in first-grade and now I am at an eleventh-grader's level. I lurve books! (Shane: O.O You're kidding! Me: Be quiet. -Locks her in closet, ignoring the angry protests and splintering wood-) I don't miss Recess; three days a week of P.E. is suitable (Though recently I don't agree; my appetite has been failing and my strength is diminishing). Lunch is okay; as long as I am not starving and have enough energy, I'm fine. If you miss your friends; you can still see them outside of school and make new ones as well. Or, in my case, you can either stay an outcast or seek out other "freaks". Either way, you won't regret it if you find someone that is worth it. If the guys aren't particularly interesting; too bad! Although my first kiss was before I even knew what it meant, eleven is rather young for a boyfriend. Many children my age think they are "dating" when they have no idea. On a side note: When I was in the group home in fourth grade, -My mood immediately plummets and my expression darkens at the reminder- we learned about the birds and the bees. When I returned to my original Elementary school, my classmates did so again, but that was the day I decided to stay home and fake-vomit. I had no idea. Also, everyone got "Puberty Packages"; my friend thought the guys got a certain kind of rubber product if ya know what I mean. Anyways, Middle school isn't something to fear; nor is any school for that matter, it is just taking one step towards the future. Pursue your dreams; you may get lucky. xD How cheesy is this? Oh well, I think I have shared enough for today. Anyone else want to join me with the randomness?
Last edited by major tom on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

My name is Tiger, and your name is not Tiger, and I'm here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff. A few of my interests include science fiction, video games, comic books, girl bands, wearing too much eye makeup, and dismantling the patriarchy. My preferred required pronouns are they/them/their.
major tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arekushisu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Ah, junior high, the good old days. Back when the lunchroom ladies looked like men and the teachers screamed your head off for whispering to your friends. XD Just kidding!! Junior high wasn't so bad. I've had better years but that's from my experience. It's funny when you turn 13 you think you're some big shot and you look back on it later and think "Man, I was so young and stupid" XD And we never dissected anything. That's when you get into high school. And lockers aren't all they're talked up to be. At first you ADORE the fact that you have your own personal space to put your things in. But later you realize you don't have but two minuets to get your stuff out of your locker and get to class. And putting in the combination gets annoying after a while. Especially when you're like me and it takes you three weeks to memorize your locker number and combo. X3 I messed up all the time and it really annoyed me. Sixth grade wasn't my best year. But anyway, junior high was pretty much fun because it's sooo much of a change from elementary stuff. You get to do more in P.E. and you have many more freedoms. More extra-curricular activities to get involved in. Junior high will be alot better and more fun overall for you! :3 I'm in college right now myself and i like to look back and see how the time has just flown by. I will probably sound like your parents when I say this but, you're really going to miss your junior high days so enjoy them. Being 13 was really fun. You just then get to be a teenager and you love it. XD Wow...I feel old now! X3
I have left CS. I am never coming back. Goodbye, all!
Arekushisu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me