TheComfortCorner | v.6

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | v.6

Postby Thalassic » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 pm

rhila wrote:
    Okay, so.. I really don't come to this thread for my problems, but I feel like this is a good time.

There's many stray and feral cats in my neighborhood. So I try my best to socialize them and send them off to good homes! Well, I did just that with a stray who was pregnant. We kept two of the kittens, one a black cat with white patches (Tux), and a cat that seemed to be a Russian Blue (Ziggy). I raised the two from kittens, so I'm extremely attached to them. Ziggy is like my best friend, and always waits at my front door excitedly for me. He would cry when I wasn't with him in the house, and was constantly rubbing up on me.

Well for the past few days, things have been.. 'out of schedule'. I haven't seen Ziggy in a few days, and I'm extremely worried, since there's many coyotes where I live. I'm so afraid that he's dead somewhere, and I can't bear the though that my baby is gone, and that I'll probably never see my best friend again..

And oh boy, here comes the waterworks..

Honestly, I'd consider keeping cats inside in the future. It's better both for their safety and the safety of other animals living near you.

It can be normal for cats to disappear for a few days at a time. They like to explore, so maybe he just went a little farther than usual and haven't found his way back yet. Maybe another family found him and took him in, or started feeding him so he's sticking around there. Though natural predators and accidents aren't out of the question, as it's a risk any outdoors cat has to face.
I'd suggest leaving something he'd recognize ourside. A good example is a blanket or a piece of clothing that he has slept on, the scent can help him find his way back. Leave out some water and maybe even food and watch them carefully. Maybe he's spooked or hurt and is afraid to come out into the open. You can also try asking your neighbors or putting up "missing cat" posters to see if anyone responds.

Best of luck to you. All is not lost yet, there have been many stories about cats returning home after being missing for weeks, if not months.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx