TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby Coco Bunny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:25 am

My sleep pattern is irregular, I have 1 cup of water a day, my diet is out of wack, and I hate myself.
Yay?
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloud cover » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:28 am

I have a science test on Friday and for some reason I feel really stressed about it. My teacher is unorganized and isn't the best at teaching either but I want to do well. Even after studying the material I feel unconfident in myself

Could someone give me some advice please? Thank you in advance!

────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
┌───────────────────────┐
ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ
-
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs

└───────────────────────┘
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
┌───────────────────────┐
jo | she/her | infj | university
student | 🇨🇦

└───────────────────────┘
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────

cloud cover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artimist » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 am

raelyn wrote:I have a science test on Friday and for some reason I feel really stressed about it. My teacher is unorganized and isn't the best at teaching either but I want to do well. Even after studying the material I feel unconfident in myself

Could someone give me some advice please? Thank you in advance!

It totally normal to feel stressed about tests, even if they re not important. If you are feeling not very confident, shoot your teacher an e-mail about it. Explain your not feeling 100% and if there are any chapters you should pay attention to in particular. Even if they are organized or good at teaching, pointing you to the right area to study, since they make the tests, can be really helpful. If that doesn't work just keep studying/review and afterwords if you get anything wrong ask your teacher to review the material with you so you can see your mistakes. If all of this still doesn't work because of the teachers incompetence see a guidance counselor or someone similar about switching teachers or helping you otherwise.
Hope this helps!
(I struggle with unclear teachers too and this has been my best way to combat this.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theres this great guy T who comes into my library, where I work, nearly every Tuesday. He so attractive and nice and kind. I want to get to know him better but I have sever social anxiety. I can barely mutter a few words. I can hardly look him in the eye when he comes to the desk. Nearly everything he checks out I'm interested in or I really wanna see/ read. Second issue, he looks to be in his early twenties, but he's actually in his early thirties! WAY older then me. Even so, if I could get over the age, and the anxiety and ask him out my weight comes into play. Every time I talk to him I compensate for my weight. Maybe he won't notice me body, if I make him laugh. Maybe if I smile, he will get over that I'm fat. Trying to make him like me in spite of myself, has been pretty hard and I just realized how mess up it is. I'm probably going to continue though because maybe if someone else can like me despite myself
maybe I can too.

-J
"Mᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ. Bᴜᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ʜᴏʟᴅ ɴᴏ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Wʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ. Lᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ, ᴡᴇ sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ. Bᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴜs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴜᴘ. Tʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ. Tᴏ sᴛᴀɴᴅ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴇᴇʟ. Tᴏ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴏʙᴇʏ. Tᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇxɪsᴛ."
-Eᴅᴡᴀʀᴅ Kᴇɴᴡᴀʏ

Image Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image
Artimist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:59 am

Coco Bunny wrote:My sleep pattern is irregular, I have 1 cup of water a day, my diet is out of wack, and I hate myself.
Yay?

No, not "yay"! >:0 We should not celebrate such things!
When do you normally go to sleep, and what do you do before then? Staring at a screen before sleeping makes it harder to go to bed, so read a book instead of getting on your phone if that's a problem. How long do you sleep? What do you think is causing the problems? If you can think over these questions, maybe that will help you get back on track.
At least your drinking something, be proud of that. Try taking a big bottle of water with you, and sip it throughout the day. Before you know it, all of it will be gone! They also make flavoring for water, like powdered lemonade. That might help it go down.
have you tried exercising? Normally, that releases chemicals in your body that make you feel better. Exercising will make you feel better about yourself, and make you healthier as well!
I hope this helps, stay strong. <3

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hainu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:08 am

half of the people i talk to are gone and the only person i really do talk to doesn't even.,
can't elaborate on here but i could use a pm;;
hainu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ducky! » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:59 am

i've been in sort of a weird state of mind lately and i can't snap out of it?
it's like, i want to do all of these things. i want to do well in school, i want to turn in homework and essays and take tests and actually put effort into them, i want to gain muscle, i want to save money, i want to expand my group of friends, i want to do better at my dance studio, i want to practice my art and writing, but i just can't? like i have zero motivation to do any of those things. i've been doing really poorly in my classes but i don't even bat an eyelash at getting a 60 on a formal test. it's like nothing is properly registering? i'm not sad or anything either, like, im perfectly content living this way, but i wish i was able to offer something more
x

charlie ▫ she/her ▫ english major
i like kpop, jungwoo, dogs,
vanilla lattes, and sleep
Looking for wishlist lions
writingadoption center
sis<3carrd

ducky!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:02 am

I'm just tired all the time. Just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere in life, and have no idea where to turn or who to talk to.
Rans. Tired all the time. Libra (16th Oct). Owner of two guinea pigs.
Creg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 am

Captain Plucky wrote:
Coco Bunny wrote:My sleep pattern is irregular, I have 1 cup of water a day, my diet is out of wack, and I hate myself.
Yay?

When do you normally go to sleep, and what do you do before then? Staring at a screen before sleeping makes it harder to go to bed, so read a book instead of getting on your phone if that's a problem. How long do you sleep? What do you think is causing the problems? If you can think over these questions, maybe that will help you get back on track.
At least your drinking something, be proud of that. Try taking a big bottle of water with you, and sip it throughout the day. Before you know it, all of it will be gone! They also make flavoring for water, like powdered lemonade. That might help it go down.
have you tried exercising? Normally, that releases chemicals in your body that make you feel better. Exercising will make you feel better about yourself, and make you healthier as well!

I normally try to sleep at about ten at night, but it fails. Yeah, I'm looking at a screen, because I need noise to help me sleep, unfortunately. I usually only sleep about 9-6 hours because I have difficulty falling asleep. I'm not too sure what the problem is.
The water thing sounds good, I'll try and do that!
I'll see if I can get some more exercise - does going on walks help?
Thank you so much. It's really helpful <3
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:19 am

Coco Bunny wrote:
Captain Plucky wrote:
Yay?

I normally try to sleep at about ten at night, but it fails. Yeah, I'm looking at a screen, because I need noise to help me sleep, unfortunately. I usually only sleep about 9-6 hours because I have difficulty falling asleep. I'm not too sure what the problem is.
The water thing sounds good, I'll try and do that!
I'll see if I can get some more exercise - does going on walks help?
Thank you so much. It's really helpful <3

Going on walks is really good for you! Obviously it isn't the most strenuous, intense exercise, but a walk is leagues better than no exercise at all. Walks strengthen your heart, reduce stress, etc. I also find walks to be really good for my mental health. They're just so chill and relaxing and I find myself looking forward to them everyday. If you can find a nice spot to walk, I definitely recommend them :)
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmilineRose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 am

Ahhh my insides are killing me. :(
I hate this time of the month.