TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby the machine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm

i'm gonna have to pull they "let's just be friends " card on him
our relationship is dying because he judges.
he's soo nit picky and i hate it.
he keeps ranting to me about how other people's little universes should go
he's always like "do this, it will be way better" without considering other people's feelings
he does it in a rude manner too, like he's demanding.
thing is, i leave people alone with their universes, i do not interfere
yet he feels the need to ruin other people's fun, even when what he's nit picking doesn't hurt anybody
he's a die hard fan like me, yes. but he needs to draw a line
he's recently been throwing stuff at some person online because that person's version of a universe of a fandom they both like didn't meet his standards. he ranted to me about it and told me how mad he is that this universe someone else created didn't cater to him.
he's also been trying to do the same to me
one time i told him a theory i had regarding the same fandom he nitpicked someone for and tried to debunk it right before i got into it. he saw i was upset that he wasn't listening to the full story and was like "oh sorry, lemme look up something" then completely spaced out of my explanation. he didn't even say "oh that's cool" when i finished, he just went to reading a web comic. he also has done the same with my original universe ideas. i do not need to cater my ideas to him and he needs to learn that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi. i'm the machine. i use to be hetacutie12 but things are changing up a bit.
I live down under and love to roleplay. i don't bite so don't be scared to pm me
i love to draw and i love transformers, Precure, steven universe, vocaloid, Marvel,
Madoka Magica and other things
Slothicity and I are friends in real life and might trade unfairly to each other.
Please don't ban us <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the machine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ELDER » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 am

--beryl-- wrote:This whole 'net neutrality' thing is freaking me out. Tell me if I need to delete this please, I'm just worried. No need to respond, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to!

dude. Same here. The idea of paying to acess certain websites is just..... ugh. Im nervous about it. Especially for websites I use alot. Theres tons of petitions, calls, etc, but I dont know if it'll be enough. It really would be horrible if net neutrality gets repealed.
ELDER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 am

I won't get into many details about what happened because it was disturbing and sad, but I saw something really awful the other day and I can't get it out of my head. Someone hit a family friend's little cat and left her in the road. I guess I am (proud?) or relieved, that instead of leaving her, I gathered my courage and did something about it, even if it broke my heart. I moved her out of the road.
Then I went home (they live close) and got a towel to wrap her in, so her owner wouldn't find her the way she was. I pet her, and talked to her (call me stupid). I left a note on their front door because they weren't home. Then I bundled her up and sat her on their porch, next to her bed and food bowls. Their other cat was staring at her.

Now today the owner posted on facebook that she has surveillance video outside her house, and she's going to look to see who did it. I don't know how anyone could watch that, but she's going to see my crying and having a meltdown in her yard. Then yelling in my car because I was mad that someone was not paying attention and it took a little cat its life. Then they didn't even take responsibility for what they did. Country backroads. You don't need to be flying. And it was just before a perpendicular fork in the road (T), so whoever hit her was about to turn and had no time to stop? She was on the very edge of her driveway, facing the road. Its almost like it was done on purpose. I guess the tape will show but that doesn't make it any better.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby subrisive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 am

I need advice, could someone please pm me?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
heyo, i'm sub. i love the
the arts (mainly 2d art
and acting), disney,
gemstones/rocks, 5sos,
ouat, and harry potter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subrisive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momincharge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 am

they're doing lice checks right now

i haven't been called yet but-

i have like really bad dandruff

they're gonna think it's lice.

i'm going to be called out and im scared.

im scared over literally the stupidest thing ever
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
───────────────────────────

gaybestedgydweebdimbocodeshoprpcharaspound

───────────────────────────
────────────────── A N D S H E S C R A Z Y
┌──────────────────────────┐

hey, i'm arisu. call me ari, jaid, jadyn, jace, or anything you
wanna. i'm an idiotic teenager with a habit of changing her signature
a lot. cya later, luv y'all. make sure to check out my species!

└──────────────────────────┘
momincharge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby subrisive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 am

wolfie~ wrote:they're doing lice checks right now

Usually when they find dandruff, they just comb through your hair again. It's getting cold, too, so I'm sure someone will realize it's just dandruff and you'll be alright!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
heyo, i'm sub. i love the
the arts (mainly 2d art
and acting), disney,
gemstones/rocks, 5sos,
ouat, and harry potter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subrisive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 am

wolfie~ wrote:they're doing lice checks right now

i know how it feels to be scared over crazy things i do it all the time. i would just tell them before hand that you have dandruff, and it will be all fine! anyways, dandruff cant be easily moved off the hair, but lice eggs stick to the hair shafts. so they should be able to tell the difference!
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:19 am

I Honestly Feel So Lonely?
I know I make it hard for people to like me, I sit and nod My head, I smile, And Answer In short sentences..
And I try hard to put myself Into situations where I could possibly Make friends?
But I end Up freaking out and I never say Hi to anybody.
And The friends I've had In past years, They are nice and all. But I can tell they don't want to talk? I smile and wave and they look at me, But They Don't ever say Hi back..
The Only friend I do Have,, I feel I just annoy her? I never ever Talk in school So I have so much To get out by the time I get to talk to her. And I just talk and talk and I feel I am just getting On her nerves? So I just leave her alone..
So Honestly I just need tips?? I am going On a trip this summer with school,, and I don't want to be all alone with nobody to talk to?
Aaaaaa Whyy

Second little thing,,I am going to a huge, And Loud City this summer. And Oml... I am terrified Of going!
I Have never ever been on a plane,I am TERRIFIED of cars, And I don't like people walking behind me,, So Dear Lord How Am i going to survive? I am going to be a wreckkk.
Oh And I am horrified Of Elevators??? And Well. We are going to be riding one To the top Of a huge building? Aaaaaaa
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charizard ! » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 am

I've been the worst friend and i hate it
i hate myself
i ruined it all
i hurt my friend beyond repair
im inconsiderate
im a psychopath, according to her
i always wondered why she never listened to my vents
why she didnt care
she never wanted me
she would have been fine if she never talked to me
she hates me
she hates me
she hates me so much
i cant stand myself
i've always wanted someone who would care for me but now i know i dont deserve it ive broken her
shes broken
she just wants sleep
she doesnt want to deal with anyone
she doesnt want me dragging ger down
im the reason shes like this
i try to help
i try
and try
and try
and try
but im just horrible
i make it worse
i never know what to say when she has a panic attack
i never know who to fo to when i have a panic attack
obviously not her
and i dont have any other friends
i just want a friend but ill just break them like i did to her
ill ruin it all i can never be myself with anykne else
shes the only person ive connected to
i cant be open with anyone else
and now not even her.
she doednt care about me.
she doesnt believe my apologies are sincere
im so sorry
i did this all
im so sorry i ruined you
i ruin everyone im near
im so sorry.
-

-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

°•──────  ImageImageImageImageImageImage  ─────━•°
Hello! You can call me pika/defresh/charizard
my fave pokemon are Charizard and Bastiodon :)

Add me on Animaljam? @Defresh
♡ 500+ hours in Town of Salem 1 & 2 ♡

。.。:❀ --'--- flightrising l x l insta ---'-- ❀:。.。
---
Charizard !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarish » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am

Oh my god.

I'm going through a rough patch, and I always play my instruments until I get blisters because it is so incredibly helpful.

I let my little (elementary school) cousin play my violin while they were over last weekend because she's learning and I thought it'd be alright because I'd be right there to watch her. Her younger sister came up, though, and I had to make sure that she wouldn't damage my upright bass accidentally (I know, but she might have knocked it over and hurt herself and it) so I wasn't paying enough attention. I found a small mark on the face of the violin the day after and I thought it might be a scratch. Now I wonder if she dropped it because I took it out to play it yesterday and it sounded absolutely dead. At first I thought it was the bow, but when tested it on the my fiddle I realized it was the violin itself. I inspected it and found that the scratch was actually a crack and I just...
A crack on a violin isn't detrimental, usually. Not unless it is on or near the soundpost. This crack was not but there might be internal damage if she dropped it... Fixing a small crack can cost up to $300 and I've been hoping with all my might that it's just cosmetic and the crack won't widen any until we can get it to the luthier... That violin is the most expensive and best quality instrument I have.

Today I was kind of in a panic so I went to take my fiddle out of the case and I forgot that that case's lid does not stay open so as I was taking it out the lid slammed onto the bridge of the fiddle and the bridge freaking tilted. Now, that's fine. Any fiddler or violinist that's been playing for a while knows that you can very easily adjust bridges. But I was already freaked out so I took the bridge and shifted it without loosening the damn strings. Sure, the bridge is in generally the right place now. But this is a 19th century german fiddle that has more scars than any instrument feasibly should. There is a scar running along the entirety of its back for heck's sake. So this instrument is fragile and there is now a scrape and several chips on either side where the bridge was. That wood is old and it sags a bit and I just... It could be cracked. I might have just cracked it. Near the soundpost because the bridge sits over the soundpost. Oh my god.

I don't know what to do. I've never had to deal with cracked instruments, nevermind two. I think I need to loosen the strings on the fiddle and remove the bridge completely. Maybe I should do the same for the violin. I don't know if the change in tension will be worse for them. But I don't even know if I should put the dampits to keep the wood humidified in case the change exacerbates the injuries...

Six hundred dollars. This could cost me six hundred dollars. Possibly even more. If the violin has cracks on or near the soundpost it is as good as garbage. It can be fixed, sure, but its quality will tank. It would be better to buy a new one. How much does the violin cost? Almost as much as the average cost of buying a macaw. I could lose the first violin I have had the great fortune of owning because my parents paid for it, and have to pay so much... even without speculation I know that I will at least have to pay $300 to fix the crack. Not to mention whatever the fiddle will now need. If the fiddle is also cracked around the soundpost? If, in the worst case scenario, I lose both instruments? The fiddle is slightly less than half the cost of the violin. That is... it's so much. So much money and so many memories and... that leaves me with no violins. Nothing that I could use for the half of the songs that I play on violin in my orchestra.

I can't. Music is my therapy. Both of my violins. Both in two days. I dare not touch my upright bass. Should I get anywhere near my electric violin? I think I have to. I have to play something, I have to fiddle until I can't feel my wrists. I have to. Hell. Hell hell hell.

Christmas? Erhu? German bow for my bass that I need because I am physically incapable of holding a french bow for more than maybe twenty or so measures? No. No. Picking up extra shifts and hoping and hoping that my luck does not plummet when I get to the luthier's.

Can't I even have this comfort? Can't I play and play and not have anyone judge me? Can't I be alone with my music and let it help me? Maybe not.

Why hello there.
I'm absolute trash and that's basically all you need to know about me.
Sarish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me