Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:20 am

Corgi Sploot wrote:I just went fursuiting for my first time :0 I am so happy but due to my anxiety it was very stressful. Luckily, I only got positive comments and nothing mean or against my life style. Of course I saw some people look away or give me a strange glanc, but you just have to shake it off! Don’t let other people’s opinions stop you from being you. I wore my fursuit head (the grey and white wolf) Holo. I posted a picture of her a few pages back. I am very proud of just how good I made her ventilation! The fabric I used in her mouth is thin so it’s beathiable. Better than putting a hole in the mouth and getting my human mouth showing xD (I have seen too many others make that mistake..) The eyes are pretty large and made out of buckram which provides a nice flow of air. I just wanted to know if any of you have gone fursuiting before and how your experiences have been :3

I remember my first time suiting, wen to the park and was so nervous xD I'm glad you had a good time c: Also people put the hole in the mouth so they can drink water when they need to
Last edited by Palette Manokit on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:21 am

BreezeParadox wrote:@kiwi_fluff
Well typically a fursona is a character that represents you! So perhaps come up with some symbolism to things that sorta define you as a person and integrate them into the design. It can be vague or super obvious, it's really up to you.
For example, my fursona Breeze has blue ears to represent her having her "head in the clouds". That represents that I'm always daydreaming. Nobody would know that unless I told them (because it's so vague), but it's a little trait that helps my fursona feel more like she represents me.
Play around! Just come up with random ideas until you find something you connect with.

Also for your second question, yes, it's totally fine!! No one will care. After all, a giant colorful red panda on two legs is already not something you would see in real life. Be creative and do what you want to do!

I would have never guessed! That is so cool that you symbolized the ears being blue for daydreaming. My fursona Tsunami is a male red and white wolf. He has a life guard symbol on his tail because I wanted to show my love for the ocean (and water in general) and helping people in need. I would say @kiwi_fluff to just make the charcter represent you! Shove some cool information above yourself in your fursona. I have blue eyes, and so does my fursona. I personally love te color red, which is why my fursona is mainly red lol. I hope this may help you a little bit c:
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 am

Kiwi_Fluff wrote:
Corgi Sploot wrote:I just went fursuiting for my first time :0 I am so happy but due to my anxiety it was very stressful. Luckily, I only got positive comments and nothing mean or against my life style. Of course I saw some people look away or give me a strange glanc, but you just have to shake it off! Don’t let other people’s opinions stop you from being you. I wore my fursuit head (the grey and white wolf) Holo. I posted a picture of her a few pages back. I am very proud of just how good I made her ventilation! The fabric I used in her mouth is thin so it’s beathiable. Better than putting a hole in the mouth and getting my human mouth showing xD (I have seen too many others make that mistake..) The eyes are pretty large and made out of buckram which provides a nice flow of air. I just wanted to know if any of you have gone fursuiting before and how your experiences have been :3

I remember my first time suiting, wen to the park and was so nervous xD I'm glad you had a good time c: Also people put the hole in the mouth so they can drink water when they need to

Oh cool, I know that some fursuit heads ave that hole. But I like it more when it’s hidden. My friend and I have failed a few times and made the hole totally visible so you can see the wearers mouth, it was pretty weird.
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 am

Corgi Sploot wrote:Oh cool, I know that some fursuit heads ave that hole. But I like it more when it’s hidden. My friend and I have failed a few times and made the hole totally visible so you can see the wearers mouth, it was pretty weird.

Yeah, it can be, but it's also pretty important to get water when you need to xD
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 am

The first time I suited, I did it with a friend in really cringey suits and we were on a sidewalk near the road. Cars kept beeping their horns at us and some people even yelled at us, then drove back in a circle to yell at us again (I couldn't tell what they were saying cuz it sounded gibberish). So definetley not the best experience but it didn't stop me from suiting again and suiting at cons.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 am

@Rhona,
Sorry that happened :c some people are just rude and disrespectful >.<
~~
On the last page I was asking about digitigrade legs on a red panda, and now I am wondering which of these styles would be the best option for a red panda fursuit? c:
Last edited by Palette Manokit on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:41 am

I went suiting at my first con back in October, it was a first year con that got over 500 people.
And I was so bummed since I only got one hug, and one picture (The bad experience was part my fault).
But then I went to a local (Like really local) 'Trunk or Treat' event and handed out candy to the kids. So many smiles and high fives!
Then a Christmas walk, where I got a few pictures.

And the latest was a local comic con
So. Many. Pictures. And hugs!
It was awesome and I can't wait to do it again.

On my head I actually want to take out the fabric I put in. The mouth is completely hollowed out and I thought I'd need it. But its actually really annoying and unneeded, since you'd have to literally open the mouth and get up close to see the human
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 am

Does anyone have advice for when you need smaller amounts of fur? Most of the sites I browsed last time I bought fur only sold it by the yard, and I've just come with a new character that I'm determined to make but she's going to be several colors that I won't need an excessive amount of
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 am

Eaglespirit wrote:Does anyone have advice for when you need smaller amounts of fur? Most of the sites I browsed last time I bought fur only sold it by the yard, and I've just come with a new character that I'm determined to make but she's going to be several colors that I won't need an excessive amount of

Try looking on Etsy! I’ve seen fur come in 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2 yards on there.

Also would that October con you were talking about happen to be Aquatifur? I was there too and am already planning for the next one! It was so great to be back in the dells, haven’t been there since I was a kid lol.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:58 am

Yup it was Aquatifur! I want to go for the whole weekend next time
It was a dumb mistake for me to think trying to get up at 5am, drive 3 hours, stay for 4ish hours, try to fullsuit as much as possible in that little amount of time. And there were a few issues with the con :/
It took like 10-20 minutes to get registered because they were having trouble with the machine, they were late opening the dealers I believe, the 'Furst fur con' panel my mother wanted to watch was in the wrong room and a half hour late, and she was looking forward to at least see Telephone. I only learned in December from a YouTube video that she was apparently sick? I thought that was crappy that they didn't even put on their website why she wasn't there.

Kind of a disappointing first fur con but I realise it was half my fault for thinking a few hours of RUSH RUSH RUSH would be enough
I'm eager to go next year though. Find a room with someone I hope
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items