Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby PixelChan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am

1) I believe you usually make the bucket head (if you're doing a bucket head foam base) and then glue the balaclava into it
2) I got my supplies from a local Wal-mart, but for an easy way of finding specific supplies I advise online shopping
3) Here's a tutorial on how to make wings
4) I have no idea
5) Here are some tutorial's I advise reading/watching for the head (if you need other tutorials I know of quite of few from hand paws, to feet paws, to tails, to hand sleeves and other stuff)

People who do tutorials:
SkyehighStudios has quite a few tutorials, and they're great!
So does Sparky (here's a link to her 'good to know'/tutorial series)
There is also Matrices
and lastly there's Mugiwara Cosplay

Thank you so much! I'll make sure to check out those tutorials, ad I'll be posting updates of my head while I am making it.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am

Rhona wrote:
1) I believe you usually make the bucket head (if you're doing a bucket head foam base) and then glue the balaclava into it
2) I got my supplies from a local Wal-mart, but for an easy way of finding specific supplies I advise online shopping
3) Here's a tutorial on how to make wings
4) I have no idea
5) Here are some tutorial's I advise reading/watching for the head (if you need other tutorials I know of quite of few from hand paws, to feet paws, to tails, to hand sleeves and other stuff)

People who do tutorials:
SkyehighStudios has quite a few tutorials, and they're great!
So does Sparky (here's a link to her 'good to know'/tutorial series)
There is also Matrices
and lastly there's Mugiwara Cosplay

Thank you so much! I'll make sure to check out those tutorials, ad I'll be posting updates of my head while I am making it.

Can't wait to see how it turns out c: Also when making the head I advise watching the video by Skyehigh studios MULTIPLE times
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Does anyone have any advice for getting your first customer?
I have someone interested but they said they have to save up first, and they aren't quite 18 yet. And that brings up a second question, how can you be sure if they have their parents permission? She said she does but I'm trying to think of a way to confirm it, to be on the safe side
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 am

Eaglespirit wrote:Does anyone have any advice for getting your first customer?
I have someone interested but they said they have to save up first, and they aren't quite 18 yet. And that brings up a second question, how can you be sure if they have their parents permission? She said she does but I'm trying to think of a way to confirm it, to be on the safe side

You could ask for a parents signature? Send them a form to print out and at the bottom ask there parents to sign (idk if that would work though)
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 am

Kiwi_Fluff wrote:

You could ask for a parents signature? Send them a form to print out and at the bottom ask there parents to sign (idk if that would work though)

There's also the foraging part, so I don't think that would necessarily work.

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 am

My advice is to not sell to minors honestly. They legally can’t sign a contract, hence problems can arise if they ‘break’ it since they never really signed it in the first place. If you really want to have them as a customer though, their legal guardian should sign the contract, give proof of age(ie my sister wants to buy another partial and the seller requires a picture of her holding her id), and have all contact go through them since they’re legally the ones commissioning you.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 am

Okay, so I am going to be making another fursuit asap (I think most of you know that) But I am having a problem, I want to make my next suit of my Fursona, the thing is I cannot decide what my fursona looks like.
I thought it would be a character named 'Kiwi' (watermelon themed red panda) and at first I was super attached to it but now I feel like it's just a character.
Does anyone have any advice for making a fursona? Because I need some help

[EDIT] Another question I have is: Would it be okay to make a red panda fursuit with digitigrade legs? They are plantigrade animals but I wanna make a suit (and fursona) with digitigrade legs xD
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:46 am

@kiwi_fluff
Well typically a fursona is a character that represents you! So perhaps come up with some symbolism to things that sorta define you as a person and integrate them into the design. It can be vague or super obvious, it's really up to you.
For example, my fursona Breeze has blue ears to represent her having her "head in the clouds". That represents that I'm always daydreaming. Nobody would know that unless I told them (because it's so vague), but it's a little trait that helps my fursona feel more like she represents me.
Play around! Just come up with random ideas until you find something you connect with.

Also for your second question, yes, it's totally fine!! No one will care. After all, a giant colorful red panda on two legs is already not something you would see in real life. Be creative and do what you want to do!
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 am

@Breeze Paradox,
Thank you so much for the answers! I think I'm gonna be a blue red panda instead of a green and pink one, because I love the color blue, and that's all I got so far xD I'm gonna start drawing and messing around as soon as I can :3
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:17 am

I just went fursuiting for my first time :0 I am so happy but due to my anxiety it was very stressful. Luckily, I only got positive comments and nothing mean or against my life style. Of course I saw some people look away or give me a strange glanc, but you just have to shake it off! Don’t let other people’s opinions stop you from being you. I wore my fursuit head (the grey and white wolf) Holo. I posted a picture of her a few pages back. I am very proud of just how good I made her ventilation! The fabric I used in her mouth is thin so it’s beathiable. Better than putting a hole in the mouth and getting my human mouth showing xD (I have seen too many others make that mistake..) The eyes are pretty large and made out of buckram which provides a nice flow of air. I just wanted to know if any of you have gone fursuiting before and how your experiences have been :3
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups