Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby PixelChan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 am

Corgi Sploot wrote:
Rhona wrote:
Corgi Sploot wrote:I wanted to show my first finished head. Her name I s Holo, inspired from Spice & Wolf (one of my favorite book series.) I add her all by myself along with the help of about 10+ YouTube videos. If anyone needs help, feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Other than this, I have another canine base that is all taped up (with making tape) and just needs to get eyes installed and fur attached. I am getting the fur for my birthday so hopefully I get it done soon! I made the tail and paws to go along with the base’s character. I will upload some photos of them soon c:

That's so good for a first! The first head I made I did with the help of 0 YouTube videos and it came out terrible ;-;

I bet it wasn’t terrible! Fursuit heads and parts are so hard to make. And with no videos to help, I bet it was super hard! I have a high respect for those who are self reliant c;

Ah, thank you! But I think next time I make a head I am going to be watching videos and asking questions on this thread. Help from others will probably make my head turn out okay.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Painite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Corgi Sploot wrote:I wanted to show my first finished head. Her name I s Holo, inspired from Spice & Wolf (one of my favorite book series.) I add her all by myself along with the help of about 10+ YouTube videos. If anyone needs help, feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Other than this, I have another canine base that is all taped up (with making tape) and just needs to get eyes installed and fur attached. I am getting the fur for my birthday so hopefully I get it done soon! I made the tail and paws to go along with the base’s character. I will upload some photos of them soon c:

That is super good! You should do commissions once you get more used to making fur suits. Don't let that talent go to waste!
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Adult | University Student | Artist | Make Too Many Deez Nuts Jokes| Art by CheruBunny
Painite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 pm

I so want to start working on a pre-made partial to sell but it is so hard to come up with a design.
I've had a few ideas, ranging from croc to lynx, but the big block is creating a design that I can part with.
I want to do something unique, not just the typical canine or fox
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:00 am

Painite wrote:

That is super good! You should do commissions once you get more used to making fur suits. Don't let that talent go to waste!

Oh my goodness thank you so much! You made me feel so special c:
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova.In.Orbit » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:07 am

Sorry for repost but I really need some criticism as I want to make my baby the best I can! Thanks!

Ahhh I'm starting to work on my Drifter head again! It's around the 6th base I've made! The giant hole in the forehead is for a blinking 3rd eye and the antennas are postable! Any criticism that may come handy? Jinx's ref will be posted below!

https://imageshack.us/i/pmPcUsJNj

https://imageshack.us/i/pmhVvBvnj
(Ref made by AThingFromSpace on YouTube/Insta! His antennas were left out though!)

Sorry that I cannot directly post a photo! These are links to the photos :) Thanks in advanced for the help!
《 Newly Discovered Pocket Myth Adict 》

Azura

Hades
Nova.In.Orbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:12 am

My friend recently finished making the fursuit head for her character "Ray-Ray", and she's giving me tips on how to make mine X3

Here's the little girl (i fall in love with her more and more each day lol):

*ART BELONGS TO ME*
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage Credits: © © ©
♥RaspberryRedPanda♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .polybius.exe. » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 am

I wanted to share some pictures of my fursuit Chess Catnip because I think he's the cutest suit I have

Also, I'm working on saving up for a tiger partial I'm naming Litebrite. I'm exited to see how he turns out because he's an artistic liberty suit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Previously DailyPlanet || The Name's Poly || Transmasculine
Arcade Enthusiast || Real Life TV-Head || 日本語が少し分かる。
Yes, I Have Played Polybius || Tron Lives || Adult
--Please Help Me Find My Dogs--

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

すみません!
テレビに注意してください。
.polybius.exe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

DailyPlanet wrote:
I wanted to share some pictures of my fursuit Chess Catnip because I think he's the cutest suit I have
-snip-

Also, I'm working on saving up for a tiger partial I'm naming Litebrite. I'm exited to see how he turns out because he's an artistic liberty suit

Ahh!!! Your suit is awesome!! C: It's so cute >w<
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am

I'm going to Anthrocon this year so i decided to make a fursuit head of my OC Taffy!
I'm going to be making her with a foam base, and I also want to give her a moving jaw.
I personally think she's a really cute OC so I am excited to make her but, I have some questions.
When first making the shape of the foam base, is it a bad idea to glue foam around balaclava?
Where can I buy material to make fursuit eyes?
What material is good to make chibi wings?
Is it a bad idea to make plush ears? Will they stay on?
Thanks in advance!
(Let's hope she doesn't come out terribly like the last time I tried to make a head, and with no help whatsoever)
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 am

Rhona wrote:I'm going to Anthrocon this year so i decided to make a fursuit head of my OC Taffy!
-snip-
I'm going to be making her with a foam base, and I also want to give her a moving jaw.
I personally think she's a really cute OC so I am excited to make her but, I have some questions.
When first making the shape of the foam base, is it a bad idea to glue foam around balaclava?
Where can I buy material to make fursuit eyes?
What material is good to make chibi wings?
Is it a bad idea to make plush ears? Will they stay on?
Thanks in advance!
(Let's hope she doesn't come out terribly like the last time I tried to make a head, and with no help whatsoever)

1) I believe you usually make the bucket head (if you're doing a bucket head foam base) and then glue the balaclava into it
2) I got my supplies from a local Wal-mart, but for an easy way of finding specific supplies I advise online shopping
3) Here's a tutorial on how to make wings
4) I have no idea
5) Here are some tutorial's I advise reading/watching for the head (if you need other tutorials I know of quite of few from hand paws, to feet paws, to tails, to hand sleeves and other stuff)

People who do tutorials:
SkyehighStudios has quite a few tutorials, and they're great!
So does Sparky (here's a link to her 'good to know'/tutorial series)
There is also Matrices
and lastly there's Mugiwara Cosplay
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me