HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Waki » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:11 pm

SilverBranches wrote:Bookmarking this thread! ❤️ Just finished calc and soon looking to get a job in tutoring math so I'll be here some to practice. :lol:

That's awesome to hear! Glad there'll be peeps helping it others here. C: if you'd like to become an active helper once this thread starts to get busy, just send me a PM and tell me the things your best at helping others round here. :3
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:38 am

Up
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Open for posting, don't be shy you guys to ask a question!
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:51 am

TYPE OF QUESTION: English
YOUR QUESTION: I need help motivating myself to actually do homework, as I've got to analyse 2 poems for the 18th of August but I just never feel like I have the energy and I always end up putting it to the back of my mind. Music does not help, as I always start daydreaming, but I always need some type of noise to stop me from becoming tired.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 am

TurtlezSoup wrote:
YOUR QUESTION: I need help motivating myself to actually do homework, as I've got to analyse 2 poems for the 18th of August but I just never feel like I have the energy and I always end up putting it to the back of my mind. Music does not help, as I always start daydreaming, but I always need some type of noise to stop me from becoming tired.

The thought of analyzing 2 poems at once may instantly make you feel tired. Try analyzing the poem bit by bit, and set deadlines for yourself. For example, tell yourself you should finish analyzing the first poem by the 4th of August, and you should finish analyzing symbolism within the poem by tomorrow.
If you need a reminder on doing the work, stick post-it notes over your computer screen, or somewhere you go to often.
Being in the correct mindset is also important. Don't look at your work and say "I've 2 poems to analyze by the 18th, I'm never going to be motivated before then". Tell yourself "I'm going to be able to analyze those poems by the 18th!". If you're stuck on something (which admittedly does make it difficult to concentrate and do the work), we're all here to help you (:
An Irish Blessing wrote:
Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.

Unknown wrote:
Kindness is free; pass it on

On semi-hiatus wrote:It's been an awesome few years, CS. You've been a pivotal part of my childhood. I pop by every once in a blue moon to reminisce, and find myself smiling at familiar faces in the boards and the cool collectibles each time.

Avatar by Jenny Downing on Flickr
I love you, Laura, and I miss you dearly.
Svel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kierran. » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 am

Aw, I really like this topic! As I'm doing all my summer homework, I'll be sure to come here to help and get help c:
Image Image Image

ImageImage
kierran.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daleks&Dragonlords » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:15 am

Markity mark. Considering how much I suck at school I should use this.
(Also should probably get back on my studyblr soon...)
Iɴ α lαɴd oғ мyтн αɴd α тιмe oғ мαɢιc
╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Hi! Daleks&Dragonlords here! You can call me Noelle though, since that is my name. Anywho, a little about me. I love cats, coffee, tumblr, etc. (too often distracted by tumblr *shrug*) I am an artist and musician. I mainly play clarinet, but also play piano and bass guitar. Curly hair is life. I don't often move off the couch ("And yet she's still skinnier than Spike)
HMU on league of legends: Coffee Cat
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
тнe deѕтιɴy oғ α ɢreαт ĸιɴɢdoм reѕтѕ oɴ тнe ѕнoυlderѕ oғ α
yoυɴɢ мαɴ

╔════════════════════════════════════╗
TradesCake Dog Auction
credit
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
Hιѕ ɴαмe, Tнe Docтor.
Daleks&Dragonlords

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 am

Yay! Ha-ha I'm looking forward to getting this topic to pick up spead as school is coming around the corner!
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby another eternity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 am

TurtlezSoup wrote:

If you need noise to stop you from being tired, try out mynoise
it has everything
rpg dungeon noises, cat purring, rain, jungle, chimes, babble noises, and sooo many things
however I recommend trying a tonal drone noise generator or a soundscape one
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naala » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am

TurtlezSoup wrote:

Just music is too boring for me too, I listen to audio dramas, but some that I have almost memorised so that I don't focus on it. It depends on how much I need to focus, it can also be distracting, but it keeps me more motivated.
I used to be online a lot here, but I became bored of this site and I don't like some of the rules here.
Now I'm pretty busy as well. You can still try to message me though, I might be online again now and then : )
Naala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me