♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

Postby pjnk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:33 pm

hey update on the texting story

so i was texting my friend last night (she helped me talk to the popular girl (let's call her k) about my crush (let's call him f), but let's call her o now) and she's like you know k and f are together right
and my heart just DROPS

so i'm like okay cool

this morning i was on a call with o and she says "hey i'm having a pool party tomorrow, you wanna come?" so of course i say yeah
and she's like
ok so she brings up the topic of k and f

and she tells me "k doesn't really like f"
and i'm like um excuse me what
i'm like "what do you mean?"
she says "k told me that she wants to break up with f"
and i'm like what??
i say "what why"
and she's like "k said she doesn't even really like f anymore but she wants f to break up with her"
thing is f has had a crush on her for 4 years so he'll be heartbroken and i can't see him like that

o then told me that she thinks k only dates f because o and her boyfriend (let's call him m) are ACTUALLY GOALS and k is jealous so since she knew that f likes her, she decided to date him to get more popular

ugh and i hate that so much, she's LITERALLY USING HIM

now all my emotions are all cause of you
pjnk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm not looking for a relationship, but I have a crush on someone. How do I get over it? It's disrupting stuff. Thank you!
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poison.wolf04 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Okay, so I have a little issue.
One of my best friends has a crush on me, and she is very touchy-feely and likes to hold my hand and lay on me.
But she has a boyfriend.
Her boyfriend is sooooo nice and he's one of my friends and they are so happy together.
Recently, her boyfriend messaged me and said that he knows that she likes me.
The girl told him because she is honest and she said that "Just because I like someone else doesn't mean I love you any less." Which is awesome that they can trust each other like that.
Anyways, I'm sort of stuck in the middle of this and I'm okay with that but I'm concerned about the boyfriend because he is one of my only friends, and if she decides to break up with him, I'd hate for him to think it was for me.
I'm sorry if this was hard to follow (I mean I'm confused myself) but I wanted to ask
1) how do I tell her no and still be friends with her ?(I mean I do like her back but this can't continue on like it has, I feel like I'm lying to her boyfriend all the time and I HATE it)
2) how do I keep my friendship with him when his girlfriend stares at me like I'm food right in front of him?
Thanks for any advice at all :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

.........................................................................................................................
poison.wolf04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deaf » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm

nope
Last edited by deaf on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
comet; they/them; adult
deaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Peachycupcake525 wrote:I'm not looking for a relationship, but I have a crush on someone. How do I get over it? It's disrupting stuff. Thank you!

You can try training your mind out of it by consciously being aware of when you think of them in a crush-y way and 'correcting' your thoughts to something more platonic. But you can't just turn feelings on/off. Give it time and patience.

poison.wolf04 wrote:Okay, so I have a little issue.
One of my best friends has a crush on me, and she is very touchy-feely and likes to hold my hand and lay on me.
But she has a boyfriend.
Her boyfriend is sooooo nice and he's one of my friends and they are so happy together.
Recently, her boyfriend messaged me and said that he knows that she likes me.
The girl told him because she is honest and she said that "Just because I like someone else doesn't mean I love you any less." Which is awesome that they can trust each other like that.
Anyways, I'm sort of stuck in the middle of this and I'm okay with that but I'm concerned about the boyfriend because he is one of my only friends, and if she decides to break up with him, I'd hate for him to think it was for me.
I'm sorry if this was hard to follow (I mean I'm confused myself) but I wanted to ask
1) how do I tell her no and still be friends with her ?(I mean I do like her back but this can't continue on like it has, I feel like I'm lying to her boyfriend all the time and I HATE it)
2) how do I keep my friendship with him when his girlfriend stares at me like I'm food right in front of him?
Thanks for any advice at all :)

You can only control what you do. You can't control others. But some general advice:

1) Just be honest and have a conversation with her about boundaries. Tell her that you care deeply for her, but you're uncomfortable holding hands or x or y. Anyone who doesn't respect your boundaries isn't a good friend, anyway.
2) That's not really up to you, but you could try engaging him in conversation when his gf is staring at you while he's there.

zheng wrote:
    []hey, quick repost because i didn't get advice (rip).

a few weeks ago i was at the store in my town with my friend, and another friend of mine (let's call him steve) came in with another friend (who we'll call tom). i got along great with tom right off the bat, and he kept looking at me and seemed interested. i've known steve for more than 7 years, and when we were younger he came to one of my birthday parties where he fell and broke his wrist (this is all just some background). he joked to tom about me breaking his wrist, and tom said, "i was gonna like you, but then you broke steve's wrist!" jokingly. yeah, sounds mean, but it was only a jest.

after steve and tom left, i asked steve about how i could contact tom. steve told me that tom had a girlfriend. oof, i know. being the good person i am, i stayed in my lane. no trifling today, nor ever.

but about a week ago, i went to the arcade and found steve with tom's girlfriend (let's call her maria). we hung out. maria's a bit weird, but she's friendly. then, maria leaves, so it's just me and steve. all this stuff spills - steve doesn't like maria because she's not that loyal, blah blah blah. and he told me that tom also asked about me, and seemed curious to know more. steve said there was a good chance that tom liked me, especially since after we met he talked a lot about breaking up with maria and maybe talking to me. something happened, though, and tom got upset and ended up not breaking up with maria. oof.

recently tom asked for my number and we chat occasionally. my question about this whole deal is a) whether or not tom likes me and b) what to do about maria and tom. thanks for reading, sorry this was so long.
[/size]

When people post in that tiny a font, I assume they don't actually want their post read and skip right over it. I'm probably not the only one. Just happened that repost caught my eye this time.

a) Usually I say that the best way to know how someone feels is to ask them, but since Tom is with someone else, you should just leave it all be for now. Doesn't really matter much if Tom does like you if he is still prioritizing Maria. That's his choice, and that's what he's chosen for now.
b) Nothing. Not your relationship, not your job to "do" anything about it. Just sit back and respect it. You made the right choice the first time with not trifling. ^^
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atychiphobia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:53 pm

im stuck. i really like this guy but im scared he might be player and that he doesn't like me - i can't tell if he sees me in a friend way or not.
ive liked him for a few months now and because something recent i can't stop thinking about him.
i don't want to go into detail because my sister uses this site and i don't want her knowing who it is. if you want to pm me feel free to, i can go into more detail then.
⠀ ⠀._____________
x...┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
x...┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
x.. ┊ ┊ ✫ ✫ .┊ ┊ ┊
x.. ┊ ⊹ ......||┊ ✫ .................
x...x.|..||.| .xx.
x ⠀✧xxxxxxxxx....⠀✧
x..┌-.-..-...-....-
....|xx • she/her ✦ equestrian • australian ✦xxxxx.xx|
....|xx rarely active but still here • im not good xxx...|
....|xx at collecting so feel free to trade & help xxxx..|
....|xx me out ✦ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-....-...-..-.
atychiphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bok Choy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:09 pm

Bok Choy wrote:I have never ever posted on this thread or anything like this so, uh, hi... I need a bit of advice concerning a friend.

She (let's call her Bella) likes a guy (let's call him Daniel). Bella has like Daniel since she was 12 but she has huge trouble communicating her feelings to him. She sends him love notes and roses (our school does this thing where we can send our crush/significant other roses on Valentine's Day) and then kind of freaks out a little about it. I've talked to some other friends about it (of both genders) and the boys tend to think it's a little creepy how she keeps doing these things. It's almost stalkerish, quote, unquote. (They also said that Bella and Daniel have literally no chemistry). Bella stalks Daniel on Instagram and recently discovered (through Instagram and school) that the possibility of Daniel being with another girl (let's call her Poppy) is really high. Daniel and Poppy started hitting it off around October(?) last year during a swim program that they both volunteered for. They seem to get along really well from an outsider's (my) perspective. Bella is kinda sad about that but she says she wants Daniel to be happy. She asked me whether she should keep pursuing Daniel even though he seems to be in a committed relationship with Poppy (according to her; I hardly ever see Daniel or Poppy). What should I tell her?

Also, Daniel is being really awkward around her and I think she might think that his awkwardness comes from him reciprocating her crush but I don't think that's the case. I think her sending love notes and gifts and roses to him might be what made things awkward between them.

Should she stop being so hung up on him?

Any responses would be great :')

I posted this a while ago and there was a new development that I need help on.

Long story short, Bella found out via a mutual friend that Daniel doesn't return her feelings but is willing to be friends. She cried for ages about it and texted me saying that she's 'in ruins'. She is really, REALLY upset about it. I tried to comfort her and tried to push her along in getting over Daniel. But I'm afraid I might have put things too bluntly. I'm the type of person who isn't very sensitive or touchy-feely and I have trouble connecting with emotional responses.

I literally told Bella this: It's going to sound easy on paper, and there's really no delicate way of putting this, but
You're going to have to move on, no matter how hard it is.

I have a feeling that I made a wrong move because she hasn't responded to my texts after that.

What should I do? How do I comfort her? I'm not very good at comforting people but she's my best friend and I want to help her. Our friends have pretty much been saying the same thing as me but I'm not sure how they put it into words.

Any advice would be appreciated :')

My life honestly
Bok Choy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pjnk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:04 am

this isn't bad and i don't really need advice for this part buuuut

my crush has been dming me lately, even if it's just about the smallest things
first of all i dmed him first about his profile picture and like we laughed about it, and the second time he dmed me (today) in response of a party i went to and it was about my friend being confused about the pose her boyfriend was doing
he's also been commenting stuff on my second :)

but aside from that apparently he has a girlfriend who's using him but like i can't tell him that

now all my emotions are all cause of you
pjnk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby September Rain » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:14 am

I think someone i know likes me - I constantly see him staring at me, and he's always starting up conversations with me. Just recently, he's started sitting at my lunch table. The thing that confuses me, though: he has a girlfriend.
Once, I asked him why he rarely hangs out with her and he just said, "It's awkward." And apparently, his girlfriend doesn't really like him, and according to my friend, "Forgot," that they were dating. The funny thing is, he's always hanging out with me without his girlfriend; once, when it was raining, he asked me to hold his hat for him and keep it dry, despite the fact that his girlfriend was standing right in front of me. I don't want to interfere with their relationship, I'm just really confused :/
What should I do? I don't really like his girlfriend, as she can be a jerk, and I don't want her to get mad at me.
    If love's elastic, then were
    we born to test its reach?

Is it buried treasure, or
    just a single puzzle piece?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

September Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:16 am

Ominous Clouds wrote:I think someone i know likes me - I constantly see him staring at me, and he's always starting up conversations with me. Just recently, he's started sitting at my lunch table. The thing that confuses me, though: he has a girlfriend.
Once, I asked him why he rarely hangs out with her and he just said, "It's awkward." And apparently, his girlfriend doesn't really like him, and according to my friend, "Forgot," that they were dating. The funny thing is, he's always hanging out with me without his girlfriend; once, when it was raining, he asked me to hold his hat for him and keep it dry, despite the fact that his girlfriend was standing right in front of me. I don't want to interfere with their relationship, I'm just really confused :/
What should I do? I don't really like his girlfriend, as she can be a jerk, and I don't want her to get mad at me.

It really sounds like this guy likes you, and perhaps likes you a lot!
As for his situation with his girlfriend, that just sounds really confusing, and almost as if he doesn't even want to be with her. Maybe he's just having a hard time trying to break up with her or maybe he doesn't know how to.
I do believe it's best not to directly interfere, but you could always ask him about how he feels about the situation [such as asking if everything is alright with his girlfriend] if he is comfortable with talking to you about it. Maybe he'll inform you that he's not sure on how he has to go about breaking up with her, how he really feels, or maybe the answer as to why things seem weird between them.
I definitely think you should ask. It shows you care at least because you're concerned about his happiness and it doesn't seem like he's having the best time with the girl he is with. Go get some insight and if anything, be a friend for him.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me