What animals do you own? (Poll)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What animals do you have?

Cat
25%
Dog
28%
Bird
7%
Rat or Mouse
5%
Lizard/Snake or similar
7%
Ferret/Weasel or similar
2%
Guinea pig/Hamster/Gerbil or similar
10%
Horse/Pony/Donkey etc
8%
Chickens/Sheep or other 'farm animals'
6%
None :(
2%

Total votes : 47070

Re: What animals do you own? (Poll)

Postby feli_draws » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:35 pm

Ohhhh don't get me started. I live on a farm.
My mom breeds american paint horses soooo yeahhh...

We have a dog called Riley.
Two cats with the names Lana and Nala (boring names ik, the had the names already when we got em).
Then we have chicken. Breed is Appenzeller Spitzhauben and almost all of the have names, only the young ones from this year don't have names yet. My favourites are Raika, Yuna, Mitsuha (the three are brown with black spots) and little Artemis (she is white with black spots and very tame. She also is the smallest of them all and the only one from the young ones that already has a name).
Then we have four yaks. Mera, Pema and two unnamed calfs.
And of course the horses...
At the moment we have 13 horses. One of them born this year and two from last year. All the others are older than five years. Next years there will be two more foals. My favorite horses are Destiny and Trinity (both are black and white and Trinity is Destinys daughter. They have a very simmilar character, both very calm and soft. I really love them. Trinity also is one of the foals of last year and Destiny at the time is pregnant with her second foal).

Yeah sorry for the long text but when I get the opportunity to talk about my family's animals I just can't stop.

Also I almost forgot the peafowl. We have a peahen named Akasha and a peacock with the name Aramis.
feli_draws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:27 pm

I own a cat named Catty :thumbup:

there is actually a CS pet that looks exactly like her!!! she is a black British shorthair!!! I used to try to hoard them but in the only only got 5 haha

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oceanz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:33 am

I love my babies so much <3
cats
gandalf - he’s about 2 he’s a Persian/munchkin mix but without the stubby legs. he does have the smooshy face though (so cute). he lives outside my parents house and we would feed and take care of him until I moved out and took him with me <3

merlin - my sweet angel. best impulse decision of my life, literally my soul cat. she’s cuddled up next to me as I write this. she was sponsored by our local shelter and she’s almost 1 year old. she’s a long haired tabby with big green eyes and she’s hugee which leads me to believe she may be part Maine coon.

jinx - the newest baby. the cat distribution system dropped her off at our front door and she’s never left since. she’s black and white with a little mustache and goatee it’s adorable.

reptiles
sriracha - orange/brown/yellow crested gecko who is about a year old now. one of the coolest pets I’ve owned. idk why people say reptiles don’t have personalities because this guy totally does. super goofy and always has a derp face.

pua - my oldest pet! I got him when I graduated highschool, so he’s about 7 years old. he has a broken front leg but that doesn’t let that stop him from zooming around. his name is pua, which means pig, because he will not.stop.eating. he’s like a black hole if I let him he would probably eat a whole container of crickets lol.

We also have a bunch of fish tanks, my boyfriend is really good at designing natural fish tanks. It’s so memorizing watching them! my favorites have to be our shrimp - our cherry shrimp went wild and bred a yellow shrimp with stripes (somehow) and an all black shrimp! so exciting

Image Image Image
oceanz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverWren7809 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:52 am

Let's see, currently between me and my husband we have had quite alot of pets.

Currently we have 2 cats and 2 small dogs.

This past year we lost our 22 year old Pittbull mix Belle, our 15 year old Coonhound mix Serenity, and my 17 year old Calico cat, Kyra.

We were also feeding a 4yr old feral male cat we named Milo, he was an orange tiger tabby mix but he disappeared in late November of this year.

Our cats are Roscoe, 11yr old Siamese male who is extremely vocal when he wants to be.

and

Beatrice (or "Beabeakitty" as we call her) and she is our youngest at 6 months old. She's a medium hair Tiger Tabby. She came in to our lives as a rescued trash kitty.

Our dogs are
Sophie, a Chihuahua/Chinese Crested mix. She's 13yrs old and Baby dog, our Chiweenie who is 6yrs old.

My husband has 4 Tarantula spiders, all females of the same species. They were rescues.

One of them is mine.
He has 3 Chilean Rose hairs named Charlotte, Scarlett, and Rosie.
All of the Rose Hairs are between 12&20years old.

My spider is a Chaco Golden Knee and I named her Goldie. She is 4 years old. He got her for me as a birthday gift.

We also have 5 snakes. 2 we bred and raised from eggs the others are wild caught.

The hand-raised are Hybrid Corn snake/Great Basin Gopher Snake crosses. Both are deep red and brown in color.

Their Mother was a Gopher (or Bullsnake) and the dad was my Melanistic Candycorn Cornsnake named Gaia.

The babies a male we named Cissy (thought he was a girl lol) and his sister Copper are now 4 years old.

We also have mice but they are not pets.

My husband raises Isopods as a hobby and has a few more exotic species including Dairy Cows, Powdered Oranges and Cubaris Marinas. Others in his collection are wild caught varieties.

We have also had rats, gerbils, hamsters, chickens and other poultry over the years and a great number of dogs and cats. We love, cherish, and miss them all.
SilverWren7809

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby partyshrimp » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:15 am

here's a post about my three dogs :3

jacob- miniature schnauzer, 11 years old. child me wanted a dog named jake, but it snowballed into that. not outwardly the most affectionate, but will show his affection by sitting on your lap. no matter what you're doing. he's a bit bossy towards the other two but not really aggressive, just in a "i'm the oldest and therefore the boss" type of way lol. not literally since that's a bit anthropomorphisizing, but you get it. oh, he also used to bark A LOT. but he's been calming down the past few years. maybe he's decided to retire :lol: he pretty much worships my mom, she's his favorite lmaoo

cosmo- some sort of poodle mix (rescued). about 8 years old i think?? the goofiest guy ever, who just sort of trots around sticking his nose into things. mightve been a cat in his past life, since he rubs his completely dry face on things AND catches mice. notable features include his big round puppy eyes, curly tail, and long legs he never has any idea what to do with.

lili: yorkie/dachshund mix. 6 i think?? simultaneously the baby and the caretaker (if caretaking consists solely of licking your comrades' ears and pretty much everything else). the sweetest girl you will ever meet, until food or toys are involved. she's not aggressive, but very motivated. absolutely adores cosmo, and will lick his ears until he moves away LOL
partyshrimp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mmjart » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:24 pm

I’ve got an 6yo old female beagle rescue named Josie, a male 1yo black German shepherd, and a female 4yo black and tan German shepherd mix! I also live with two labs. (One black and one yellow)
I own two guinea pig mixes, along with 2 miniature horse, a chestnut and an grey! and my mom has a perlino Suffolk punch cross :)
We also all own a few goldfish, lol.
Mmjart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MomoDD » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:17 am

Our family has:
1 pardoned broad breasted white turkey named Mayflower (nicknames are Pipsey, Toodles, and Toodlepip)♥ (she is now 4 years old!).
1 pardoned meat bird named Henny Penny (also 4 years old).
1 black Australorp rooster named Stew
21 hens of various breeds: Prue (named after Prue Leith because she's so posh) and Boots (Light Brahmas); Ginger, Truffle, Nutmeg, Winnie (Buff Orpingtons); Sally, Jellybean (Barred Rocks); Poptart, Poundcake (Rode Island Reds); Mel and Sue (Golden Laced Wyandottes); Satin (black Australorp); Silk, Velvet, Opal, and Diamond (Mystic Marans); Waffles, Buckwheat (Olive Eggers); Raven and Grayling (Ameraucanas)
1 lovebird named Rosie
Best. Ever..JPG
Mayflower
Best. Ever..JPG (149.37 KiB) Viewed 199 times
ImageImage
Looking for wl offers on Rainbow bwolf! Clam hamster is auto
MomoDD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ford Fusion » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:18 am

I personally own an Anatolian Shepherd, 6 cats, and three rabbits (Two Hotot bucks and one Harlequin buck).
Ford Fusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDeviil » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:31 am

i own... way too many animals LOL

CATS

cheyenne - long-haired light gray tabby cat... she's very skittish and hides a lot, but she's very sweet when she's comfortable with you
brady - massive white long-haired cat with a bunch of dark gray patches. very cuddly and sweet
nightmare - fat old black cat... also very cuddly and sweet
coral - chunky dilute calico cat. bitey but in a loving way. loves to cuddle but does NOT sit still for long
peridot - dark gray cat with some white markings on her nose/chest/back legs/front toes. sort of aloof and mean, but can be friendly when she wants to be
calliope - long-haired tortoiseshell cat. very sweet and very vocal, but has a few behavioral problems when she gets stressed out. not technically mine, but i'm taking care of her for now

DOGS

lafayette - teeny tiny, old chihuahua pug mix. he's dramatic, but very cuddly and sweet
scruffy - old maltese yorkie mix. he doesn't know where he is half the time, but he's sweet
cricket - german shepherd boxer mix. she's very energetic and sweet, but can be a little jealous/possessive of her (my dad's) bed LOL

SNAKES

jasper - a normal ball python. he's a little dumb, but very friendly and easy to handle
dandelion - a banana pastel ball python. thinks feeding time is all the time. he used to be kind of mean and bitey, but is now just sort of shy about being handled
opal - a pastel mojave ball python. very nervous and bitey. still trying to get her used to being handled
soba - a banana fire ball python. huge and also thinks feeding time is all the time. he's friendly and easy to handle though. not technically mine, but i'm taking care of him for now
string cheese - unsure of his morph, but was advertised as a super stripe ball python. he's very friendly, but has neurologic problems, like a spider morph would. wasn't technically mine, but was gifted to me
frida - a normal bullsnake. sort of easy to handle, but also spicy at the same time. he isn't technically mine either

OTHER

dalmation isopods
dwarf white isopods

and i'd love to become a ball python breeder one day!!
╔═════════════╗

𝚜𝚊𝚖 . 𝚑𝚎/𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢/𝚒𝚝 . 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝

𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚜.
𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝.
𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚜𝚝.

𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚝𝙰𝚁𝚃.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

╚═════════════╝
JerseyDeviil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladydarkwolf » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:07 pm

I used to have 4 dogs and 5 cats
The cats were 9 year old Ramses his son 2 year old Storm, 2 year old Butterscotch and 9 month old twins Hades and Persephone. The dogs were 4 year old APBT (actual true American Pit Bull Terrier) Boss, 2 year old sable German shepherd Takanni,11 month old German Shepherd Honor and 10 month old German Shepherd Styxx. Technically Honor belonged to my late husband. The animals were all stolen from me and the person who stole them turned them over to the shelter saying they were neglected. They've all been adopted but Boss and I'm prevented from getting him back.
Ladydarkwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me