Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby 86Eternity » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:04 am

This thread doesn't seem to be too active but I'll try and breathe some more life into it ahah-
No harm in trying.

Anyone got any knowledge/experience with garter snakes? I don't own any snakes as of now but am on the lookout for 'em over the next few years for when I have a stable income ahah. A little more research is needed on my part as a first-time snake owner, but I'm not getting one soon. :')

I understand they're relatively common over in the US, but they're quite difficult to get ahold of in the UK from what I've seen- so if anyone knows where to find 'em that'd be amazing ahah.
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am

I can't help but call small snakes, angry shoelaces <3
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 am

86Eternity wrote:
This thread doesn't seem to be too active but I'll try and breathe some more life into it ahah-
No harm in trying.

Anyone got any knowledge/experience with garter snakes? I don't own any snakes as of now but am on the lookout for 'em over the next few years for when I have a stable income ahah. A little more research is needed on my part as a first-time snake owner, but I'm not getting one soon. :')

I understand they're relatively common over in the US, but they're quite difficult to get ahold of in the UK from what I've seen- so if anyone knows where to find 'em that'd be amazing ahah.

I don't own a Garter yet, where I live they're hard to come by as well !!
BUT if there's someone who has experience with this species, it's Emily !! Actually she just uploaded a video about that ( here!)
I hope that can help you?
I don't know if you have facebook, but there's snake groups there from uk that could help you finding a reputable breeder !
╭⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯╮

➼Discord:@Lumyne
➼I'm a veterinarian
➼I also do art
➼WoW and FFXIV💕
➼💕 Taken
➼Lioden

╰⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯╯
Credit: Eobard
lumy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rye_ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 pm

@lumy
Just had to jump in and say I LOVE her videos!! But sadly all I know about garter snakes is that they can be drop dead gorgeous haha
*insert something arbitrary*

rye/gay slug/probably an anarchist

───────
Rye_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:02 am

lumy wrote:
86Eternity wrote:
No harm in trying.

I don't own a Garter yet, where I live they're hard to come by as well !!
BUT if there's someone who has experience with this species, it's Emily !! Actually she just uploaded a video about that ( here!)
I hope that can help you?
I don't know if you have facebook, but there's snake groups there from uk that could help you finding a reputable breeder !

Ah yeah, I've seen that video already but I'm a little bit cautious not to get all of my info from youtube videos ahah-
Thanks for your suggestion though, I think a facebook group or anything similar is a really good idea that I hadn't thought about!
So far my only plan is to head to some of the UK's snake expos, but I'll keep a lookout for groups too!
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby douxvamp_ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:04 am

What is it like to own a snake I AM IN LOVEEE with them i always have been but sadly i cant own one :cry: :cry:
♥Hi <33 im Bubbles!♥

♥I like anime, so if you wanna chat about that we can, I also sing, and I'm an artist ^^♥

♥My pronouns are They/Them and im Bisexual

♥Have a nice day/nightt!!♥

douxvamp_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 am

Nutellaツ wrote:What is it like to own a snake I AM IN LOVEEE with them i always have been but sadly i cant own one :cry: :cry:

I am in the same boat as you owo
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:18 pm

between hognakes or keyan sand boas, which one is better for a beginner snake owner?
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:21 pm

middle earth. wrote:
    between hognakes or keyan sand boas, which one is better for a beginner snake owner?

Personally, I think sand boas are excellent beginner snakes. They’re very docile and good with handling, they can be a bit jumpy though. Hognoses are usually good beginners too, but sand boas tend to be more popular to start with.
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i-m-snek » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:27 pm

Chaotic_Affection wrote:
middle earth. wrote:

Personally, I think sand boas are excellent beginner snakes. They’re very docile and good with handling, they can be a bit jumpy though. Hognoses are usually good beginners too, but sand boas tend to be more popular to start with.

I agree with sandboas! Hognoses are awesome but the sassy nature can be offputting to someone who hasn't owned a snake before. My hoggie is an absolute sweetheart but will still to the hissing and posturing sometimes.
i-m-snek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me