LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Esprit » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:49 am

Does anyone else have a bunny that DOESNT eat carrot? My little Willow is 5 months old and she won't eat it! She loves her dandelions and celery though.
Esprit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 am

FluffyBee wrote:Does anyone else have a bunny that DOESNT eat carrot? My little Willow is 5 months old and she won't eat it! She loves her dandelions and celery though.

Yeah it happens one of my holland lops won't touch it. They don't have to like carrots to be a rabbit they just like and dislike certain things like you and me.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forever Insane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 am

I just got a new bunny in September! He's a broken Tortoise Holland lop

◤--------------------------------------------------------◥
"There are people out there who are ghosts,
no not THAT type of ghost, I mean people
who talk less than most and think a great
deal more. They are the ones who stay
silent and quiet no matter what, they hide
their emotions and wait, for what you might
ask, perhaps revenge, perhaps some secret
that we're too daft to realize."

◣--------------------------------------------------------◢

Threat of Shadow [Medieval RP]
◣--------------------------------------------------------◢

Made by Synx
Forever Insane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:19 am

FluffyBee wrote:Does anyone else have a bunny that DOESNT eat carrot? My little Willow is 5 months old and she won't eat it! She loves her dandelions and celery though.

I have quite a few that don't like carrots much. lol They are actually pretty picky. Most of them won't eat greens either. Even sweet things sometimes get ignored, like bananas or apples. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:

I have quite a few that don't like carrots much. lol They are actually pretty picky. Most of them won't eat greens either. Even sweet things sometimes get ignored, like bananas or apples. lol

Won't eat any greens? What veggies are you able to give them in that case? I've never had that be a problem.

My rabbit will generally eat leafy things just fine, it's the other veggies she's somewhat selective with (for example, she's not a big fan of zucchini). She's a HUUUUGE fan of fruits. And cereal. And chips. -____-'
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:
_breezy_star_ wrote:

Won't eat any greens? What veggies are you able to give them in that case? I've never had that be a problem.

My rabbit will generally eat leafy things just fine, it's the other veggies she's somewhat selective with (for example, she's not a big fan of zucchini). She's a HUUUUGE fan of fruits. And cereal. And chips. -____-'

I think it's mostly because I don't offer them all the time. So when I try, they are just like... what the heck are you trying to make me eat? lol I've had luck with some herbs... parsley and chamomile. I grew my own in the summer. :) I've tried some other things like arugula, bok choy, kale and cilantro too. But not a whole lot of luck with them. Very few are open to trying them. lol I'd go out to find what I left all shriveled up and uneaten. xD They just really like their hay. Nobody ever turns that down at least. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Interesting, my bunny's fine with those that you listed. Out of those I haven't tried chamomile though. She's iffy with aromatic herbs but does seem to eat them eventually. Today I let my nephew feed her a rose, he found it crazy that she would eat a flower. xD
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:06 am

Try oregano. With the Charlie rhinelander breeding stock, it acts as an important - IMPORTANT - feeding supplement. A rabbit with two copies of the broken gene are more likely to suffer GI stasis and they stop eating and rapidly deteriorate. Oregano is higher in fiber than regular feed and acts as an appetite stimulant - double teaming to single handedly save a bunny.

A doe I used got stasis right after she had babies, and as a rabbit that should be 9 - 10 lb rabbit, she was less than five. Dad thought she was already gone but oregano saved her. She won't be bred again and she's going to be my cousin's pet.
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spencer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:17 am

Hi, I'm glad I found this.
I had had rabbits my entire life, but sadly no more. I need help for my friend whose rabbits are going crazy. They are brothers, six years old and indoor rabbits. They have lived together their whole life and there had never been any problems. Six weeks ago, they started fighting. Not just playing, they really bit each other and were both hurt several times. We have no idea why they are doing this and we thought they'd stop, but it's six weeks now and we still can't put them together without a fight breaking out. We tried to get them together in the garden - fighting. Medicine doesn't help at all. We don't know what to do anymore. They've been good friends their entire life.
spencer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:24 am

lio. wrote:Hi, I'm glad I found this.
I had had rabbits my entire life, but sadly no more. I need help for my friend whose rabbits are going crazy. They are brothers, six years old and indoor rabbits. They have lived together their whole life and there had never been any problems. Six weeks ago, they started fighting. Not just playing, they really bit each other and were both hurt several times. We have no idea why they are doing this and we thought they'd stop, but it's six weeks now and we still can't put them together without a fight breaking out. We tried to get them together in the garden - fighting. Medicine doesn't help at all. We don't know what to do anymore. They've been good friends their entire life.

there just bucks (male rabbits) i had the same thing happen this moring with my younger bucks, i would suggjest getting them fixed if not done already or get a fixed doe to through in there but they might just bug her like crazy.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me