LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Sky Rabbit » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 am

Kickin' up dirt wrote:My mom decided to stop taking care of her rabbit and now all of a sudden she wants to sell him. I knew it would happen sooner or later, because she's the type of person that loses interest quickly. Conner (the rabbit) is a Lionhead with a ton of long hair. I told her she had to brush him or he'd get matted...guess what? He got matted, and she didn't even care. So, I sat there forever having to cut out chunks of his hair because it was in a huge knot. He looks really silly now, needless to say.

Luckily for him, my sister is taking him back (he was from one of her litters) and he'll be taken care of like he should.

aw, poor baby, at least you were around to help!

_breezy_star_ ; all your rabbits are so cute!
Sky Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tristyn12 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 am

I was listening to the radio and they said carrots are not good for rabbits at all. They cause heath problems and could kill them. I know that is not true because my rabbits love carrots and I have never had a rabbit get sick. Their Easter gift is a small bag of carrots (5 carrots per bag) each but just like candy they don't get all of it at once.
Are carrots bad for rabbits even just a little?

Happy Easter!
tristyn12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sky Rabbit » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 pm

tristyn12 wrote:
I was listening to the radio and they said carrots are not good for rabbits at all. They cause heath problems and could kill them. I know that is not true because my rabbits love carrots and I have never had a rabbit get sick. Their Easter gift is a small bag of carrots (5 carrots per bag) each but just like candy they don't get all of it at once.

Happy Easter!

I've heard this many times too. It's partially true, too many carrots are unhealthy for rabbits, from what I know. Some carrots as a treat ate usually fine but your obviously aren't going to make them live off of carrots c:
So I'd say your don't fine, a treat is fine for them
Sky Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:00 pm

tristyn12 wrote:

Happy Easter!

As a treat, a small bite-sized piece of carrot is fine every once in a while. But rabbits shouldn't live off of carrots, of course! It's like candy to humans - you'd get sick if you ate a ton of candy every day, and there are much healthier things to eat, but a little occasionally is okay.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 am

Hmm, interesting. Good thing I've only given my rabbits a small piece of a carrot a couple times. xD Seems kind of funny when you think about it, on TV and everything else they make it seem like bunnies and carrots just go together, then ya find out, oh hey, carrots ain't healthy for your bunny. xD It's a bit similar to how they make it seem horses like apples so much, none of my horses like apples. >->

@Breezy: Oh my gosh you have adorable bunnies! :3 <3

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miha » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 am

@ _breezy_star_
Your rabbits are super cute and I just love how you designed their place. THey really have to love it there!
Did you show them the tunnel or something? Or did they just started playing with it?
(When I gave a tunnel to my bunnys one wasn't the tiniest bit impressed and the other one became afraight and was throwing herself around. She couldn't free herself from the Tunnel and it was horrible to free her. I had to hold her down, so that my brother could unwrap her without hurting her. I don't think Lilly would ever again set a food in them...)

My bunny also loves the cat of our neighbours. They would lay as long and as close as possible (with the wall of the cage betewwn them) next to each other.

@ dark-voodoo:
your bunnys are also very cute. I love their colour! Are the two of them siblings?
My brother dudage sometimes uses my computer.

Collecting all bunnys

ImageImageImageImage

Lilly- the most loved being ever-
03.07.2005- 17.04.2015
I still miss you every day. You weren't just a little bunny but true perfection. At least now I know that someone is taking care lovingly of all our rabbit friends that already had to leave.
miha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:17 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:Let the rabbits (all but the 2 expecting ones) outside to play in the grass for the first time today! :-D All of them but Dash seemed to enjoy themselves, Ellie and Chance REALLY loved it though, especially Ellie! ^3^ Pictures soon! <3

Okay so I forgot about the pictures so it didn't end up being soon at all. XD Buuuut here they are. xp

Sorry that they're linked, they were too big to post, plus I don't really like posting more then 3 pictures in one post unless linked.

Dash, he was the least interested in being outside. xP

Ellie, she loved being outside!

Blake

The baby, who isn't much of a baby anymore. I seriously need to find a name for her. xD

Chance
And Chance again just 'cuz he's so cute. xD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 am

tristyn12 wrote:

Happy Easter!

Too much of any fresh food is unhealthy. In fact too much spinach is what killed my sister's rabbit, Pebbles. Turns out spinach has calcium binding agents, and it cause calcium crystals to develop in her bladder (and killed her). In moderation snacks are fine, just mix it up and don't over feed :)
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote:Let the rabbits (all but the 2 expecting ones) outside to play in the grass for the first time today! :-D All of them but Dash seemed to enjoy themselves, Ellie and Chance REALLY loved it though, especially Ellie! ^3^ Pictures soon! <3

Okay so I forgot about the pictures so it didn't end up being soon at all. XD Buuuut here they are. xp

Sorry that they're linked, they were too big to post, plus I don't really like posting more then 3 pictures in one post unless linked.

Dash, he was the least interested in being outside. xP

Ellie, she loved being outside!

Blake

The baby, who isn't much of a baby anymore. I seriously need to find a name for her. xD

Chance
And Chance again just 'cuz he's so cute. xD

They are adorable! <3 I wish our grass was that nice! lol Can't wait until it grows back. Cooooome on spring! lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 am

miha wrote:@ _breezy_star_
Your rabbits are super cute and I just love how you designed their place. THey really have to love it there!
Did you show them the tunnel or something? Or did they just started playing with it?
(When I gave a tunnel to my bunnys one wasn't the tiniest bit impressed and the other one became afraight and was throwing herself around. She couldn't free herself from the Tunnel and it was horrible to free her. I had to hold her down, so that my brother could unwrap her without hurting her. I don't think Lilly would ever again set a food in them...)

My bunny also loves the cat of our neighbours. They would lay as long and as close as possible (with the wall of the cage betewwn them) next to each other.

@ dark-voodoo:
your bunnys are also very cute. I love their colour! Are the two of them siblings?

Thank you! Some of them find the tunnel on their own, others I just kinda sit their front half in one end of it and see what they do. lol I'll kind of nudge their butts to get them to keep moving forward. So far nobody seems to be afraid of it. :)

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes