LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:31 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:Welcome Antelabbit! Love your fursona. ;3 I hope you do get to own a bunny someday! They're great. <3

Belgian hare, interesting choice. :) I don't see a ton of those, not round here anyways. Every time I see the breeds like them though they're always chewing on their cages, fully arched breeds seem really hyper! Haha, pretty/cute though. :) My personal favorite of the fully arches breeds is probably the checkered giant. But I like my compact/commercial breeds the most. <3

Woah over here I've been told checkerd giants are really mean O.O
Infact everyone says anything with a gap in the middle is mean.

Belgian hares are super cool! I have only see one once but you have a cool taste :)
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

antel, if you're looking for a rabbit, i'd get a skinny pig to start off. they are basically hairless guinea pigs. you could find them easily on kijiji. they are just guinea pigs with hairless genes.
^-^
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Daisywolf14 wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote:Welcome Antelabbit! Love your fursona. ;3 I hope you do get to own a bunny someday! They're great. <3

Belgian hare, interesting choice. :) I don't see a ton of those, not round here anyways. Every time I see the breeds like them though they're always chewing on their cages, fully arched breeds seem really hyper! Haha, pretty/cute though. :) My personal favorite of the fully arches breeds is probably the checkered giant. But I like my compact/commercial breeds the most. <3

Belgian hares are super cool! I have only see one once but you have a cool taste :)

I hear that about all the fully arched breeds. xD Mean and Hyper. I just said Checkered Giants were my favorite though as in too look at, I've never really been around any of 'em aside from seeing them at shows. But I see people babying their checkered giants, they don't look too mean when you see that. xP But I have no idea.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:31 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:

I hear that about all the fully arched breeds. xD Mean and Hyper. I just said Checkered Giants were my favorite though as in too look at, I've never really been around any of 'em aside from seeing them at shows. But I see people babying their checkered giants, they don't look too mean when you see that. xP But I have no idea.

Well, I think a lot of people believe that all full arch breeds are mean and aggressive. Tans are the nicest and typically the calmest of the full arch breeds. Checkered Giants are really cool by their looks. I got to transport two at one point and they weren't friendly but they weren't mean. And Britannia Petites... The majority of them are fairly evil. BUT breeders are working on that, some are very selective about a good personality. My first experience with them was terrifying, I was really young walking around a show when one lunged from it's owner's shoulder directly at me with bared teeth. Thankfully it was caught in mid air by the owner. But just last month I decided to work with a Brit Petite at a show to build confidence. What a great little rabbit! Not mean, not nice, she tolerated me in a spicy way. As for Belgians? They are so fun. My friend raised them for a while. They rarely slow down. When you try and cuddle them they will stretch their upper body as far away from you as physically possible but then they seem to want that human companionship at the same time. English Spots are very similar. Now Rhinelanders? They are just amazing. I love them, they are fairly mellow for such an active breed. And they are beautiful!

So I noticed that Full Arch breeds require patience and space. Their are certainly mean and aggressive ones out there but there seems to be one of those rabbits in all breeds. No reason to typecast all of them. :)
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:04 am

Tans were the ones I had in mind when I was talking about hyper, and constantly chewing on their cages. xD The person my sister has gotten I think most of her American Chinchillas off of raises Tans, every time I see them they're chewing on the bars of their cages, drives me nuts haha!

Sooo just an update on things around here... Blake recently stopped eating, it was getting pretty bad and I was starting to loose hope, but now it looks like he's going to be fine! Went out this morning and he had eaten most of his food! AND he also became a daddy again this morning! Ellie had 7 healthy little harly babies! None but *maybe* one looked as nicely marked as the 5 that didn't survive last litter though, go figure, get healthy babies they're badly marked, get stillborn babies and they are nicely marked. =/ Kind of a bummer, but all in all I'm just happy to have 7 healthy babies after what happened with the last litter, one of them has a little dot in the middle of it's forehead, it's adorable!

And my polish, Kyla, her 2 babies have eyes open and hopping out of the nestbox now! And for once it looks like they actually ended up being the genders I wanted them to be, which rarely happens haha! Even though this year it seems like I've been lucky with genders thus far. But anyways, the little Blue baby of Kyla's looks like a doe, and has been named April Showers, and the little black one looks like a buck and has been named Foolin' Around. This is my first solid black buck! All my solids blacks have always been does, and there's something about solid black bucks I love, so I'm pretty excited. ;3 April has lots of scattered white hairs though, which is a bummer as I wanted to keep her, but if her body type and all still ends up being really nice I may go ahead and keep her as a brood doe. :)

The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 am

Congrats on all the kits!!! I wanna see pictures of them!! That little Harlie sounds sooo cute!
Ooo hopefully the polish turn out nice :) I had a tort holland with wire hairs and her offspring never got it so
That would be a nice use.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:59 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:Congrats on all the kits!!! I wanna see pictures of them!! That little Harlie sounds sooo cute!
Ooo hopefully the polish turn out nice :) I had a tort holland with wire hairs and her offspring never got it so
That would be a nice use.

I will make sure to get pictures! <3 Probably not for a few days though, the harlequin babies always look rather odd the first couple days, don't like taking pictures of them until they're a few days old at least. xD

Yeah, her mom and dad both have scattered white hairs which probably didn't help... her brother doesn't seem to have them though? Hopefully it stays that way. xD I figure as long as I breed her back to the little buck, AJ, that I just bought recently it won't be too bad though since he has no white hairs. :) Last time I bred her mom none of kits had gotten her stray white hairs, this is the only kit she's had I actually wanted to keep though and it has those stinkin' white hairs. My luck, 'tis so bad! :lol:

The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:29 pm

babies! i hope them kits will be cute!
wait, they all are.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:53 pm

They are growing and they are cuuuuuuuuuuuuute. :mrgreen:

Here is one of the harlequins that is being fostered with some mini lops.

Here are some little woolies. :) A blue otter and a black otter.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:03 am

Oh my gosh that Harlie is so so cute!!
I was at a meeting yesterday and my leader raises jersey and she had a adorable
6 week old black otter puffball! So cute!

I got 3 holland babies yesterday, all broken torts! I'm so happy :)
And they all have little short faces so hopefully I will get some nice heads.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me