Most 'exotic' pet you've ever owned?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Most 'exotic' pet you've ever owned?

Postby ThePoppingSystem » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:07 am

We used to own a bearded dragon, then we had a pet raccoon for a year or so after the bearded dragon. Texas is crazy sometimes xD. We used to hold the raccoon during the day and it'd just be so floppy and pliant when we wanted to pet it. Very good funny pet.

What pets do/did you own/owned that were 'weird' or 'exotic'?
ThePoppingSystem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Most 'exotic' pet you've ever owned?

Postby Boghound » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:20 pm

My mentor owned a raccoon for a while. He was a mean son of a gun, she used to come to work covered in bites and scratches. We're in Louisiana so I get you on that wild southern life, lol!

I think the most exotic pet I've had was either my pair of rosy boas, my garter snake, or my daughter's guinea pig. My mom isn't a fan of exotics so we've never really owned them. When my dad was growing up, he was an invert keeper and had a lot of cool inverts. Tarantulas, centipedes, mantises, etc. He also kept an arowana when he was raising me. If you didn't know fish could have personalities, he was a culture shock! That dude had a mean streak, except for with my father! It was so funny to see him play mean but then become a puppy for that man.

Hoping to own some snakes with my wife in the future, once we have secured a house! (: I'd also love to keep some inverts. I know everyone does isopods these days but there's a good reason why. They're so freakin cute! And I'd love to work myself up to keeping a tarantula some day. I'm a recovering arachnophobe-- my next step towards recovery is keeping a spider, but I think I'm going to start with a jumping spider. Something on the smaller side, lol.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wandering Sketch » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

Boghound wrote:My mentor owned a raccoon for a while. He was a mean son of a gun, she used to come to work covered in bites and scratches. We're in Louisiana so I get you on that wild southern life, lol!

I think the most exotic pet I've had was either my pair of rosy boas, my garter snake, or my daughter's guinea pig. My mom isn't a fan of exotics so we've never really owned them. When my dad was growing up, he was an invert keeper and had a lot of cool inverts. Tarantulas, centipedes, mantises, etc. He also kept an arowana when he was raising me. If you didn't know fish could have personalities, he was a culture shock! That dude had a mean streak, except for with my father! It was so funny to see him play mean but then become a puppy for that man.

Hoping to own some snakes with my wife in the future, once we have secured a house! (: I'd also love to keep some inverts. I know everyone does isopods these days but there's a good reason why. They're so freakin cute! And I'd love to work myself up to keeping a tarantula some day. I'm a recovering arachnophobe-- my next step towards recovery is keeping a spider, but I think I'm going to start with a jumping spider. Something on the smaller side, lol.

That's so cool! I had no idea fish could have personalities! And, the stories of the racoons are so interesting, considering how different the two racoons' personalities were!

I was studying zoology in Colorado and had axolotls, a tarantula, a scorpion, a few pacman frogs, leopard geckos, crested geckos, a gargoyle gecko, a beardie, two tortoises, rabbits, and a mouse. Too many ^^; Part of it is due to being a veterinary technician so I end up being a foster for some exotics before passing them on to new homes!

Of Monsters and Men wrote:I met a man today,
And he smiled back at me;
Now there are thoughts like these,
That keep me on my feet,
That keep me on my feet

Wandering Sketch wrote:[Deviantart]

Just back on CS after a looong 2-year gap, so I have virtually no new pets and all oldies and no idea how to work the coding of a CS signature. Will work it out later I think!

I'm A Member Of Deh Nickname Club: #9 on the list, I am known as - SKETCH. Yep! xD
Wandering Sketch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby g4rf13ld » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 am

probably my two pet rats from when i was 5
not super exotic but it still taught me that things that could be typically considered “ugly” or “gross” are still lovable & your physical appearance doesn’t affect your character!! (also a ton of rat facts lol)
ImageImageImage
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE

ImageImageImage
g4rf13ld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allosaurusrock » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 am

I had an African Clawed Frog for a while- that was cool. Also had a pair of male Muscovy ducks. My corn snake is my only current “exotic” as in not domesticated.
allosaurusrock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me