In memory of Cole (? - Aug 3rd, 2022)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

In memory of Cole (? - Aug 3rd, 2022)

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 am

I want something to remember Cole by. He passed away last night from blood clots in his heart we didn't know of that very suddenly started affecting his breathing. I didn't want him to suffer during the little time he had left so I decided I would let him sleep after ten years of loving him. I love you Cole and I'm sorry.

I'm looking for ways to honour him. I have his collar on my desk but I want to do meaningful things. I've already begun my search for a CS pet lookalike for him and I may make a simple plushie that looks like him but that's all I have so far. Does anyone else know anything I could do to keep his memory alive? I loved him very much.

I'd also appreciate supportive messages. Thank you so much.
Last edited by ☆Satanick on Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I want to remember Cole

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:05 pm

ImageImageImage

Some more pictures of my beautiful boy because I'm missing him so much and I want everyone to know how lovely he was
SATANICK - IT/ITS - SEMI-ACTIVE
(I don't condone any of DSP's actions and I don't "like" Okegom.)
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I love Cole. Rest in Peace

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:43 pm

He used to be half feral. He bit anyone, even the ones who were nice to him. And then he became the sweetest cat in the world who slept on our chest in the mornings and loved to nuzzle his forehead on ours and purred louder than a lawnmower. You could be standing around wherever and you'd jump then grin at the feeling of a wet nose and a soft head butting against your leg.

I miss him. I'm sorry to have been the one to decide to put him down but I did it because I loved him too much to cause him more pain.
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonclawshadow » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:02 pm

you did what was best for him in the end. i hope you always know that he lived a comfortable and safe life because of you. you did everything you could in every moment you spent with him.

as for keeping his memory alive... you can hang pictures of him around; draw him; find songs that remind you of him; keeping his toys and blankets around, of course, etc.. whatever makes you feel at ease. let yourself go through the motions of grieving and reach out to your friends for comfort. you're not alone.

take care. ♡
Vivien
she/her
Moonclawshadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:02 pm

My very important friend told me I should write down the things I loved about him.

1. I liked when he would climb onto my chest and breathe loudly in my face. Even if his breath smelled bad, it was fine because he was so warm and soft, and I liked the way his fur smelled like the outdoors.
2. I liked when he would creep up behind me and bonk his head against my legs, and rub his soft nose on my leg too. I used to call him Bonky sometimes because of this.
3. I liked his meow, he toned it like a question--Meow-wow? Wow? Mrrow? He had such a lovely voice.
4. I liked seeing him in the curtains on warm days, spread out on his back and soaking up the sun. His belly was soft and cream coloured and looked like sheep's wool. His black stripes would get warm in the sun.
5. I liked his pink nose and pristine white chin. I don't know how he kept them so clean but they were so beautiful.
6. I loved the way he ran in the hallway with his belly swinging, on the little tips of his feet. He was not a dainty cat but a very cute one. His paws thudded on the wood floor.
7. I liked the little tufts of black fur between his toes and how his black paws had stripes, and looked like socks.
8. I liked the way he would nuzzle things I was holding if I had anything in my hands. He just wanted to love me all the time.
9. I loved how he rubbed just the middle of his nose and mouth on corners and doorways. He looked so loving of the walls and it was silly.
10. I love how alert he looked even during the final moments. His ears were so soft even in the vet's office and he had them perked right up. He looked so alive.

I'm so sorry.
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:04 pm

Moonclawshadow wrote:you did what was best for him in the end. i hope you always know that he lived a comfortable and safe life because of you. you did everything you could in every moment you spent with him.

as for keeping his memory alive... you can hang pictures of him around; draw him; find songs that remind you of him; keeping his toys and blankets around, of course, etc.. whatever makes you feel at ease. let yourself go through the motions of grieving and reach out to your friends for comfort. you're not alone.

take care. ♡

Thank you so much for being here and caring about Cole, it means a lot to me. I'm going to try to find or make some sort of plushie or another soft thing to remind me of him so I can still hold him even now.

I've never properly grieved for anything before so this is scary for me but I'm just grateful for all the kindness I've received. Thank you so much.
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:12 pm

I loved him so much, I didn't realise just how hard it would be. I miss him still
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:47 pm

i had no idea this stuff was so hard. i miss him so much
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:52 pm

it was so sudden. he was here one day and then, almost right at midnight, he wasn't. he seemed so normal before and its not fair
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Satanick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:02 pm

i feel like im going crazy with grief
☆Satanick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me