The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What type of rodents do you have?

Rats
27%
Hamsters
17%
Gerbils
5%
Mice
11%
Guinea Pigs
15%
Chinchillas
2%
Degus
1%
None :(
15%
None, but getting some soon!
7%

Total votes : 338

The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Postby gamorasass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:51 am

Do you love little rat kisses and mouse tails? How about a cuddling hamster or a squealing guinea pig? Us too! Welcome, fellow Brodents! Here we can discuss all kinds of things! Got a new rodent you want to share? We want to see! A problem? We'll try to help! Please be sure to follow the rules and fill out the member form below. There is also a FAQ if you're interested in learning more and a Memory Wall for passed pets.

Before purchasing any type of pet: Remember a living, breathing animal is now yours to take care of. Not your parents/guardians or sibilings, YOU. Each pet requires different needs and care, so do the world a favor and do your research before getting a pet. Improper pet care will not be tolerated.

Member Form:
    Code: Select all
    [list][list][size=85][b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Favorite type of rodent: [/b]
    [b]Tell us about your pets:[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b][/size][/list][/list]
Last edited by gamorasass on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Rules - Please read. DO NOT ask for vet advice.

Postby gamorasass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:52 am

➢ All CS rules apply, of course.
      ➢ Respect everyone on the thread.
      ➢ Please don't spam (i.e. double posting or off-topic discussions).
      ➢ Keep the discussion about rodents, not other types of pets.
      ➢ This thread is not for debating. If you disagree with someone, do so respectfully.
      ➢ Do not mediate. Report issues to thread owners.
      ➢ Three warnings and you're out.
      DO NOT ask for vet advice. If your pet is ill, take them to the vet.
Last edited by gamorasass on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby gamorasass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:53 am

C H I N C H I L L A S wrote:Chinchilla FAQ! With gentle handling from a young age most chinchillas will become quite tame and bond closely with their owners, although sometimes they do not like to be held or cuddled. They are very active and playful. Chinchillas can be kept singly, and usually will do fine as same sex pairs especially if they are litter mates or introduced at a young age. Read more.

D E G U S wrote:Degu FAQ! Degus are very social animals and can become very tame if handled from an early age. However, they do best if kept with other degus because of their social nature. They are playful and curious. Without social interaction and opportunity for exercise, they can be aggressive and neurotic. Degus are diurnal (active during the day). In the wild they live in communities (much like prairie dogs) and dig an elaborate system of burrows to live in. Read more.

G E R B I L S wrote:Gerbil FAQ! Gerbils are social animals, living in colonies in the wild, so do not do well as a solitary pet. Keeping a same sex pair (litter mates usually do well together) is much preferred. They generally have a pretty agreeable temperament and are generally only inclined to bite if feeling threatened. Read more. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

G U I N E A P I G S wrote: Guinea Pig FAQ! Guinea pigs are popular pets, especially for families, largely due to their wonderful temperaments. They are social and rarely bite, even when stressed. They do need a large cage and opportunity to exercise outside of the cage, and they need a diet that provides adequate vitamin C and roughage. Read more.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

H A M S T E R S wrote:Hamster FAQ! Hamsters are popular pets for children but they aren't always the best pet for small hands. Different breeds are known for different traits and any potential owner to be should learn about the choices they have before picking one out to take home. Read more. And more!

M I C E wrote:Mice FAQ! Mice are nocturnal and very social. They will be very active in the evening and night, but don't expect to do much with them during the day. Being social, they are best kept in groups. A pair of females is the easiest, although larger groups are fine if you provide the cage space.Read more.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

R A T S wrote: Rat FAQ! Rats are intelligent, social animals that can make wonderful pets.
They are easily tamed and relatively easy to care for, but are not low maintenance pets. Rats require a fair amount of attention and exercise time outside of their cages (at least an hour a day is ideal). They are very social and should never be kept alone. Same sex pairs or groups are ideal. Read more.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Memory Wall

Postby eff » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:45 am

This page is dedicated to the rodents that have since passed, before or during the time of this thread. Whether they were a childhood friend or not, they deserve to be remembered as the brilliant pets they were. Please do not feel obligated to use this wall if your pet has passed, but if you wish to have your small, fury (or not) friend to be on here, feel free to contact me through PM.
      The Memory Wall will typically include the owner's username (PM if this is changed), the specie of rodent and the name of the rodent. If you wish to only have the name or specie of the rodent on this page, that can be done.
      May all the rodents we have lost rest in peace.

drift. ; rat ; meatball
      drift. ; rat ; baby
      drift. ; rat ; tamale

hellyboo ; rat ; prince linkan
      hellyboo ; rat ; abbey
      hellyboo ; rat ; cooper
      ailurophile., ; rat ; frodo
      ailurophile., ; rat ; olive
      ailurophile., ; rat ; viola

casshew ; gerbil ; wham!o
Last edited by eff on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thank You & Discord

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 am

A thank you to old owner shamespren for passing along the thread to mine and hyde's care.
      Thanks for all the work you did in V1 and with the FAQ.

Last edited by gamorasass on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 am

Reserved, just in case.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 am

gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Postby HellyBoo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:39 am

Just going to scream all over the new thread.

I currently own 7 female rats and 4 male rats who are spoilt rotten. I'll grab some new photos and upload next time I post.
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:54 am

Username: Gamora.
      Favorite type of rodent: Rats
      Tell us about your pets:
      I used to have rats, but grew very allergic to them, so they had to be rehomed :c but I'll tell y'all about them anyway! I got Templeton & Remington from someone on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist). They weren't in a good environment or cage and weren't getting proper care. I took them home, bought them a DCN, gave them proper nutrition and love. After a few months I got some babies. Moose, Nicodemus, and Jeremy. A few months later I lost Remington. He went downhill fast. Was fine Friday afternoon and was dying Sunday night. Long story short he had an abdominal tumor and he was put to sleep. After that, my allergies were at the point I could no longer breathe right so I rehomed all but Templeton. They are in great homes! Temp grew very aggressive towards the others when his brother passed. I had him until about a month ago. I started wheezing around him and couldn't give him the love and attention he deserved. He's gone to an amazing home and because his behavior and health is exceptional, he will be bred. His new owner is a reputable rat breeder and rescue and he's as happy as can be. I miss him dearly.
      Other: Templeton is the rat that's in the first post! & I'm looking forward to seeing all your rodents!

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 am

username: hyde
      favorite type of rodent: rats but i love hamsters too
      tell us about your pets: currently only own two dogs but i guess they are called rats a lot. there is a chihuahua and a chihuahua mix. my eldest, the mix, is seven and called pippin and my youngest, full breed, is a year. i will hopefully get some foster/adopted rats in the next year or so, or perhaps a hamster as i've done two years of research on rats and one year on hamsters.
      other:
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me