🕷 Invertebrate Enthusiasts 🕷

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: 🕷 Invertebrate Enthusiasts 🕷

Postby impey » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:17 am

plasmadrinker wrote:I love inverts, and have a few! Currently I've got a baby pink toe tarantula named Kuromi, a pair of madagascar hissing cockroaches named Mulder & Scully, and five different species of isopod I share with my partner! I plan on hopefully getting started on a dermestid beetle colony this year to support my other odd hobby of taxidermy & vulture culture lol. My partner and I plan on opening a bug related business once our colonies get bigger and we have more diverse types to offer :]

kuromi is such a cute name, and i looked up the breed and it's a very cute tarantula!! idk much abt tarantulas, but their pink feet are very adorable lol

van || she/it || adult
toyhouse
artfight
impey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caitlin-or-something » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:45 am

Ah I just rehoused my A. Oaxaca which I got in a mystery box and is pretty new to the hobby! She still a wee 2cm sling but I can't wait to see her grow up!

Floof-or-something is my partner <3

Caitlin-or-something

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Floof-or-Something » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:03 am

Here's Pumpkin! Our lil Trinidad Dwarf Tarantula (Cyriocosmus Elegans). We dunno pumpkins sex but she's out lovely little lady who loves making equally lovely equally little webby tunnels 💜

ezgif-2-a909a18588.jpg
ezgif-2-a909a18588.jpg (273.07 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Floof-or-Something

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catplushie » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:44 am

i just got my first tarantula! they're a young brazilian black tarantula, i'm so excited to watch them grow :') i wasn't planning on trying to handle them much since spiders still make me kind of nervous, but my roommate used to work with exotic pets and showed me how to hold my new baby!!
they/them - i ♡ cats and hoard pets
refresh to see a different pet!
catplushie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tragedy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm

I raise moths, praying mantises, and I have a few different isopod species!!

Tragedy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo & The Moths » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:24 am

Tragedy wrote:I raise moths, praying mantises, and I have a few different isopod species!!

Oh my goshh I am so envious. Is that attacus loquinii? Attacine moths are so hard to ID sometimes T_T I badly want to raise attacus moths but I believe the whole genus is not legal to possess in the US </3 Hope to raise tuliptree silkmoths and maybe some others next spring though! The only moths I've raised so far are bombyx mori, I got them to lay eggs but was not aware their eggs needed a cold diapause so they did not hatch unfortunately.
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tragedy » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:03 am

It is a lorquinii!! I'm also actually in the USA!! Pretty sure it's just Atticus atlas that's not legal here. I did a little bit of research before typing this and I didn't find anything against the lorquinii still, so I'm assuming it's still okay to have. They were really cool to raise, and after they eventually died I taxidermied them. If you're interested in them still send me a message and I'll see if I can find the seller I got the eggs from.
Tragedy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo & The Moths » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:50 am

Tragedy wrote:It is a lorquinii!! I'm also actually in the USA!! Pretty sure it's just Atticus atlas that's not legal here. I did a little bit of research before typing this and I didn't find anything against the lorquinii still, so I'm assuming it's still okay to have. They were really cool to raise, and after they eventually died I taxidermied them. If you're interested in them still send me a message and I'll see if I can find the seller I got the eggs from.

Oh!! I had assumed it was all Atticus, weird that atlas is the only controlled one (not that animal legislation has ever made much sense..) Will definitely shoot a message your way!
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:59 pm

i'm very glad there is a forum on here for invertebrates

in australia, options are a lot more limited, but i currently have
        - a colony of ghost porcellio laevis
        - a colony of orange porcellio scaber
        - red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and black cherry shrimp (neocaridina davidi)
        - gold, chestnut, jade, magenta, purple, and blue mystery snails (pomacea bridgesii)

next on the list is
        - giant scrub millipede (rhinocricidae)
        - zebra millipede (spirobolellus sp.)
        - giant red-legged millipede (spirobolida)
        - opalescent pendant snail (leptotoma perlucidum)
        - flinders banded snail (cupedora lorioliana)
        - possibly some other species of stick insects!
xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lavalampwater » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:23 am

hello! as of currently I own no tarantulas, but I've been insanely intrigued about them and might consider getting one soon because I think they're very pretty. I was wondering if there's any types of tarantulas that are okay for beginners? and if so what's the proper way to make sure they're 100% happy and how to take care of them properly? sources of tarantula care where I could maybe research and dive into knowing more or just advice in general would be super appreciated ^^
    di ✶ she/he ✶ adult ✶ athiest
    adventure time & splatoon fan
    sometimes i forget trades or go inactive due to being busy!
    trade thread - rentry
lavalampwater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me