πŸ•· Invertebrate Enthusiasts πŸ•·

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: πŸ•· Invertebrate Enthusiasts πŸ•·

Postby catplushie » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:09 pm

lavalampwater wrote:hello! as of currently I own no tarantulas, but I've been insanely intrigued about them and might consider getting one soon because I think they're very pretty. I was wondering if there's any types of tarantulas that are okay for beginners? and if so what's the proper way to make sure they're 100% happy and how to take care of them properly? sources of tarantula care where I could maybe research and dive into knowing more or just advice in general would be super appreciated ^^

i totally recommend tarantula collective on youtube! i got my first tarantula a couple weeks ago, and all of tarantula collective's videos have been super helpful and informative. he even has a few videos specifically about beginner friendly species.
i got a grammostola pulchra (brazilian black tarantula), she's been so fun to learn about and take care of, plus she's so cute too :β€’) watching her dig out her little burrow is adorable
they/them - i β™‘ cats and hoard pets
refresh to see a different pet!
catplushie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lavalampwater » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 am

catplushie wrote:
lavalampwater wrote:hello! as of currently I own no tarantulas, but I've been insanely intrigued about them and might consider getting one soon because I think they're very pretty. I was wondering if there's any types of tarantulas that are okay for beginners? and if so what's the proper way to make sure they're 100% happy and how to take care of them properly? sources of tarantula care where I could maybe research and dive into knowing more or just advice in general would be super appreciated ^^

i totally recommend tarantula collective on youtube! i got my first tarantula a couple weeks ago, and all of tarantula collective's videos have been super helpful and informative. he even has a few videos specifically about beginner friendly species.
i got a grammostola pulchra (brazilian black tarantula), she's been so fun to learn about and take care of, plus she's so cute too :β€’) watching her dig out her little burrow is adorable

oooo tysm!! i'll definitely check it out! i've been personally considering a eupalaestrus campestratus or maybe even a tliltocatl albopilosus but black brazilians seem like such cute little guys aswell <3 maybe down the line if I can manage more then one I'll snag one
    di ✢ she/he ✢ adult ✢ athiest
    adventure time & splatoon fan
    sometimes i forget trades or go inactive due to being busy!
    trade thread - rentry
lavalampwater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo & The Moths » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:20 pm

lavalampwater wrote:
catplushie wrote:

oooo tysm!! i'll definitely check it out! i've been personally considering a eupalaestrus campestratus or maybe even a tliltocatl albopilosus but black brazilians seem like such cute little guys aswell <3 maybe down the line if I can manage more then one I'll snag one

If written guides are more your style, the same person also has a site with a ton of care guides! Both of those species are phenomenal beginners. E. campestratus is especially known to be a hardy tarantula that is incredibly docile, but you may have a harder time finding one for sale (and will likely need to pay much more than you would for a T. albopilosus). There's also just less info on them online. That being said T. albopilosus is also a great beginner T if you arent able to get a campestratus.
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catplushie » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:39 am

aaah my g. pulchra hasn't eaten anything i've offered her the past 2 weeks, i hope she's in premolt! i want to try to preserve and pin all of her molts so i can look back and see how much she's grown :')

i've only had her for a couple weeks and i already want to get another T. i'm gonna wait a few months before getting another, just so i can make sure i'm 100% ready, but i think i want a green bottle blue! they have such pretty colors and it'd be fun to watch them web up their enclosure. i only know the common names, but curly hair tarantulas and salmon pink birdeaters have also caught my eye, especially the latter. they're ginormous and i've heard they're really fast growing, which is perfect for an impatient person like me lol
they/them - i β™‘ cats and hoard pets
refresh to see a different pet!
catplushie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo & The Moths » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:18 pm

catplushie wrote:aaah my g. pulchra hasn't eaten anything i've offered her the past 2 weeks, i hope she's in premolt! i want to try to preserve and pin all of her molts so i can look back and see how much she's grown :')

i've only had her for a couple weeks and i already want to get another T. i'm gonna wait a few months before getting another, just so i can make sure i'm 100% ready, but i think i want a green bottle blue! they have such pretty colors and it'd be fun to watch them web up their enclosure. i only know the common names, but curly hair tarantulas and salmon pink birdeaters have also caught my eye, especially the latter. they're ginormous and i've heard they're really fast growing, which is perfect for an impatient person like me lol

Hope your pulchra is well! Ts can definitely go on long food strikes. Not necessarily a T but another hardy arachnid, my old vinegaroon, managed several months without food while I tried to figure out how to feed him with a disability he had.

GBBs are absolutely gorgeous. I haven't dipped into owning tarantulas yet but that is absolutely one of my first choices whenever I do. I also adore Xenesthis spp, though they're pretty expensive. Visually I adore gooty sapphire tarantulas, but the combo of a pretty venomous T that is also arboreal (and therefore very fast and good at climbing/fleeing) is a little unnerving lol.
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lance Corporal » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Hiya. Was searching for anything arachnid / Invertebrate related. It is hard to come across people to talk to about these creatures.

Allow me to introduce myself. I go by Lance Corporal on here but I can be referred to as Nommie. So about me I got into the tarantula hobby after my brother gave me his tarantula, a rose hair, as a birthday gift before he joined the military. Now I am so in love with tarantulas. I currently own four, owned a grand total of 9 over the years, tarantulas. I currently own a female Rose Hair (Grammastola porteri) named Sakura, a female Mexican Red Knee (possibly Brachypelma Smithi) named Maple, a Mexican Pink Beauty (Brachypelma klassi) named Saguaro, and a Nicaraguan Curly Hair (Tliltocatl albopilosus) named Sugar.

The next tarantulas on my list are the Aphonopelma chalcodes (Arizona Blonde), Aphonopelma hentzi (Texas brown), and a Grammastola pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee). Though I have been contemplating a couple of old worlds as well.

β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
β”Š
''The difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that.CHOOSE...Believe in yourself, or believe in the survey corps and me.I don't know...I never have, I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of the companions I trust.But no one ever knows how it will turn out.So, choose for yourself whichever decision you regret the least."
~ Levi Ackerman
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬

β˜… JW Discussion--β˜… JW RP Thread
There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.- JFK

β˜… I am a major tarantula/ arachnid enthusiast and tarantula pet owner. Yes I do hoard spiders on here.
β˜… I am a Christian, If that is a problem get over it.

Lance Corporal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverWren7809 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:57 am

My husband has 4 Tarantula spiders, all females of the same species. They were rescues.

One of them is mine.
He has 3 Chilean Rose hairs named Charlotte, Scarlett, and Rosie.
All of the Rose Hairs are between 12&20years old.

My spider is a Chaco Golden Knee and I named her Goldie. She is 4 years old. He got her for me as a birthday gift.

My husband also raises Isopods as a hobby and has a few more exotic species including Dairy Cows, Powdered Oranges & Purples, and Cubaris Marinas. Others in his collection are wild caught varieties.
SilverWren7809

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby invertebrea » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am

I have a GBB and a curlyhair!! I also raise and breed zebra isopods, clown isopods, O. asellus wild form, and O. asellus orange that I isolated myself!!

~ she/her ~ swamp creature ~ semi-aquatic ~

ask me about my obsession with invertebrates

~ spider owner ~ scorpion owner ~ isopod owner

πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ
invertebrea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me