Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby juicebox! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

What Breed(s) of dog(s) do you have?

at my dad’s house we have a devilishly handsome doberman. probably the biggest goon of a doberman one person could own. he came from a backyard breeder with a loving mother and people-aggressive father and had zero socialization. he really wasn’t put in the best house as we had no knowledge on dobes. but im sure the universe did it for a reason. hes an amazing and intelligent dog. learns faster than any other dog (not that he has much competition). although people make him anxious and dogs, he has come along ways while also going backwards. he can meet people and we can trust him with strangers. while over the course of 2017 he had several incidents about almost getting attacked by dogs. please dont expect every dog to be friendly and let your dogs run up to other dogs! it put us way too far behind and now he cant walk while other dogs are around he gets too anxious ): but he is my baby boy. hes born on valentines day!

at my dad’s house we also have a lovable mastiff mix. he was from our own accidental litter. we weren’t going to keep the lazy pup but nobody wanted him he just wanted to snooze and was a big momma’s boy. we finally decided to keep him and it was probably one of the best decisions we have made. he is the most loving dog i have ever met. im proud to own him and had owned his parents. we did regret owning him for a while. while most dog’s teenage phase may be tearing the house up and not obeying commands .. i think my boy tops it with jumping the fence, crossing the railroad tracks and stealing people’s meat from when they had gone hunting. oh gosh, nobody would ever believe me if i said that this dog that cant even walk a mile without getting tuckered out used to do that.
    also please no hate for our accidental litter! we had been watching my mom’s dog and either the mother or father got loose. all the pups were taken care of and we didn’t make a profit and we still see the puppies around so it all worked out.

at my mom’s we have our newest addition, a chocolate bear -err, chocolate labrador named bear. he is a rescue pup with a lot of chewing issues. he also gave me a bloody nose he was so excited to see me he tackled me.

we also have an 8 year old labrador mutt - mastiff mix’s dad. he is very intelligent but not cute at all lol. hes my mom’s ESA and well, we have had him for 8 years so kinda gotta love him.

as you can tell im more fond of my dad’s dogs tho, haha!
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm

I have Golden Retriever (surprisingly scarce here)

I'm also one of those "boomerang millenials" so I live with my parents' Shiba Inu/Pomeranian mix. He's a 50/50 cross.

I noticed a huge surge in Aussie popularity in general over the past 5 years or so. I live in the PNW and it seems like everybody has an Aussie. Mini Aussies (or are they called Miniature American Shepherds these days?) are the most popular type.
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:42 pm

I have a hairless Chinese Crested.

Our late dog was a mix. I think based on her appearance she was a Cairn/Fox Terrier Mix.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Cardinal wrote:Image Sentrys dumb face must grace the new thread. Basically an accurate representation of what living with him is like.

He turned a year old! Its been so cold this winter we are both going stircrazy and hes driving me past the point with his naughtiness. Cant wait for warmer weather.

I once saw a dog walking along the road on a leash with, I kid you not, an entire tree limb in his mouth. :lol:

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Speaking of... Its so frustrating to have a stupid smart dog. I want you to bow not give me paw in variying levels of excitement and franticness. I dont want the other foot. I dont want both feet. I want a bow, lol. Stop wandering off looking for items to trade me, either. I dont want my husbands socks, a small bow dang you. I love him. Today he took the pot I used to give the chickens water and brought it to me, I had forgotten it by the coop. Yes, thank you. He will also bring me my coffee cup, chip bag, food wrapper, etc and wait expectantly for me to open it to give him some, Sen this isnt for you but thank you. The woes of trading him for EVERYTHING has created a monster, but theres 0 resource guarding to speak of and hes incredibly incredibly easy to take stuff away from.

My dog (when she was a little thin 2 year old) could unlatch the bottom latch of her kennel, bend the metal door just a little to create a teeny tiny gap, and slip out. Then she would eat food and furniture. Now, she has a big plastic salad bowl for water. When it is empty, she puts her paw on the side and tips the bowl and lets it fall every 5 or so minutes until she gets some more water. She also can hunt mice... She freaks me out some of the things she discovers on her own.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bloodredsheep » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Cici - Anatolian
Civa - Anatolian
Boris - Anatolian
Nesbit - Anatolian
Tex - Kangal
Mazi - Kangal
LGDs they work in teams of 2 usually.
Cici and Civa are a team. Tex and Mazi are a team. Boris is sometimes alone or squeezed in with Mazi and Tex. Nesbit is alone he’s more of a pet not fond of sheep or goats but loves chickens he’s my chicken/poultry dog and lives close to the house.

Harley - Australian cattle dog
Harley is my herding dog. He’s great with baby lambs and young goat kids. He’s gentle with the babies and more barks and kicks up a fuss to get them moving lol. When I have a stubborn ram or buck he’s quick to keep them moving. Knows when to bite and when to back off. He’s a great working dog.

Schatzi - Great Dane
Zoey - Borzoi
Hercules - 3 or 4 month old puppy not sure he’s a terrier x chihuahua of some kind.
These guys are the pets/hunting/vermin control dogs. I rarely go hunting anymore. Zoeys a diva, Schatzi’s the muscle and Hercules is idk tiny lol.
bloodredsheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:05 pm

I have a golden retriever :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:58 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:What Breed(s) of dog(s) do you have?

I have a golden retriever :)

Do you have any photos? (: Goldens are scarce in this thread haha
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 pm

KelsieCollie wrote:Hello,
I hope it's ok to join discussion! ^^
I own flat coated retriever mix, Max. He just turned 4 in september. He's the best companion and friend I ever had. Thanks to him, i don't sit at computer all day all night. He probably loves any kind of activity and I love seeing him doing what he loves and enjoys. He mostly lives only for agility and frisbee, haha.
- snip -
These photos were taken by my good friend, sepotka. Thanks :')

i have a flattie mix too ! they look quite similar, ahh.
xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dustnbones » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:52 pm

I have 1 dog, but on Saturday of this week ill have 2 dogs!

Maci, Male, almost 16 years in dog age, havanese and ??? mix (No pics srry)

(havent decided name yet),Male,??? in dog age, teacup silky (no pics either srry)

(I need name suggestions for my new dog, hes extremely small, his tounge pokes out, so if you guys have any name suggestions for him, pls tell me)
Image Image
─ ─── ───────
toyhouse - listo - art shop - spotify - coding

─ 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 ─
┌───────────┐

└───────────┘
hi! im amira, i like art, 80s music,
cowboys & westerns, tarantino films,
and rdr. dm me anytime, i luv friends

████████████
dustnbones

My pets