Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby .Middy. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:58 am

Crazy face has a announcement about her sporting career later tonight! Can’t wait to share it with y’all! For now, crazy dog up a tree with me (also in the tree) to hold you over lol.

Also I’m dying Kasper is so cute! Little Loki in the background kills me too 😍
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 am

RWBY Rose wrote:
maninkari wrote:@RWBY Rose, have you considered a Bichon Frise? A lot of grooming, but they're gentle and easy to train. They're energetic, but don't need a crazy amount of exercise. Also very affectionate, I love them lol

Lol yes, Flossie was messaging me about hers and giving me info on them and their personality. If I can't find a good pom breeder that will definitely be the next breed I search for! They sound like they have an amazing personality and fits me quite well!

So far I'm interested in

Pomeranian - most wanted! My SO likes this dog as well. Really hope I find a good breeder in my range.
Eskimo - though I highly doubt I find one... like really doubt. I don't even see BYB from a quick google search.
Bichon - 2nd most wanted
Havanese - I doubt I find one but it's basically a less girly bichon? (My SO thinks the bichon looks girly so it would be firmly "my" dog so this could be a better option if I find a good breeder)
Maltese - this is a maybe. I've heard they're a bit high strung? I have a step mom with one so I might ask her or try and visit to see it.

I wish
Shetland or Schipperke fit my personality but they're too hyper or independent for me.

And my boyfriend will probably end up getting a dachsund mix but if not I'll consider getting one. If he happens to find a corgi mix though I know he'd 100% go for that but I doubt one ever pops up in a shelter or foster.

If you're in the US try http://www.Petfinder.com Also check for local rescues/shelters sometimes they'll come in but not be put up on websites or on the adoption floor because there's already a waiting list and someone on that list adopts it. It might be worth getting on a waiting list if you really want a Corgi or mix. Also sometimes breed clubs will take in rescues and may be able to put you on a waiting list.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 am

@Middy; you’d love kasper minus him being deathly afraid of kes because she’s a big dog. it’s so weird, he freaks the crap out if a big dog sniffs him, and screams bloody murder. though he’s smart and kinda extremely happy to please and learn and try to do every trick he knows in the span of a minute. i regret helping my mom teach him speak, his bark is extremely high.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:27 am

omg! i'm actually in love with this american bulldog up for adoption! he's super close by and his name is Barkley. Wish we could get another dog SO bad right now, but it'd be too much to handle.

heres his description:
Meet Barkley! He is a super sweet boy who is looking for his furever home! He is crate trained and knows his basic commands and loves to play with his toys. He especially loves to cuddle with his human friends! Barkley is house trained, leash trained, loves other dogs, cats and children.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MarshmallowFireside » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 am

Uh I have a question, so this is my first puppy. Yaaay but I'll be doing something and she'll lay on my bed and whine, and whine, and whine. Does anyone know why? Does anyone elses puppy do this? Sorry if this is the thread, Thanks for replys!
MarshmallowFireside

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am

KittyN1nja wrote:Uh I have a question, so this is my first puppy. Yaaay but I'll be doing something and she'll lay on my bed and whine, and whine, and whine. Does anyone know why? Does anyone elses puppy do this? Sorry if this is the thread, Thanks for replys!

short answer: she is a puppy!
long answer: puppies whine and bite. that is what they do, as puppies, since that is their main way of interacting with the outside world. if you have ruled out any medical causes (such as whining because she is in pain, eg: she has a tummy ache- you can check this easily by pressing on her abdomen and seeing if it's particularly hard or sensitive to touch, etc) then it is likely she is just doing it because she wants attention! distract her with a play/training session or a fun toy. good luck with your pup!

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am

Thanks imzadi! My SO has been checking petfinder but we didn't know about a waiting list for shelters. I'll check with our local ones to see if they do that.

lol I love kes's expressions. XD
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

I’m sorry, please excuse me while I die of laughter at Kes being called a ‘big dog’ lol She’s a tiny elf

He’s so cute, I just wanna pet both of their little faces! Haha! Life goal, pet Loki and Kasper 😂

RWBY Rose- she’s a camera hound lol. She was looking forward out of the tree until I pulled my phone out for the pic and then she swung her head back like ‘get my good side human’
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am

Lucky is just the cutest! he's so smart. any tips for going into comp obedience with your dog?
Last edited by shadow~wolf on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

@shadow; get him use to any distractions and noise and do the tricks in different areas to desensitize him to anything that may be at a obedience competition/show
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me