Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby eff » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 am

As always Taiger always full of facts :) Very educational! Thank you.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am

♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ wrote:
appology wrote:
♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ wrote:Any help?
Buckley (doggo) doesn't handle my dad leaving for business trips all that well. He eats less and less, and spends most of his time gazing somberly out the window. He's a depressed little wreck, and I'm worried for him.

What should I do?

Many thanks from the pups <3

Have you thought about separation anxiety training?

We're thinking about doing it if it gets any worse - my dad should be home soon, so that's good : )

your dad could wear some clothing under his normal clothing for some days, or when he does workout wear the same for two-three times then...yes it sound smelly but it is not as bad from what i did hear from some owner who did this, and it canhelp the dogs fear, and then you give it to the dog when your dad goes out of the house for some days...when he is gone for some weeks you also could bag one clothing part,and when the other did lose the smell after a week or two you can give him the second...i did hear that it works not bad with some dogs. also the dog should maybe...be worked out and tirred when he goes away for the time (depends on the dog and what you find out works best...some are bether when owner just goes out of the room like they do each day at home). so that dog is calm and relaxed....some treat or bone can help as third thing.
-i can also be used in training, also some use an smell that remind the dog of the owner or calm moment that you maybe can train into the dogs smell memory and for "stay calm relaxe training" that you can do at a lazy day at home with dog sleeping next to your dad or whoever.

easy training is out of the room( later house) and back again, and out again and back inside, with some time sitting next to the dog and reading or such,so long till the dog does not even react or look up when you your family or dad goess up and out, even with closed door and for some h.... (your start with one room and out of the room with open doors then close the door one time and open going back inside and out again and so on)..as the treat or toy or leep, is more interesting and the dog knows "my people are maybe now crazy with them walking in and out of the room or even house so much,but they always come back an may have more treats with them when i stay calm" some learn it fast other slow and other you Need o try other things.

not sure if this does help, or you understand what i did mean to tell^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am

Thank you for pointing out the prong!
I did not know that it was to big. I did
know that in the photo it was on wrong
because it slipped and I didn't
feel like fixing it just for a photo.
*it was fixed right after for our walk though*

and thank you for the suggestions! the
veggies are pureed i forgot to mention
that. And I'll take out the rice <3
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am

No problem, the smaller links will give you a much better correction and will also help keep the prong in the right position even if you stop. If it still continues to slip, you might try a thick flat collar under the prong to keep it from being able to slip down.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 am

.Middy. wrote:No problem, the smaller links will give you a much better correction and will also help keep the prong in the right position even if you stop. If it still continues to slip, you might try a thick flat collar under the prong to keep it from being able to slip down.

Yup, this! My friend has a dog that literally has a giraffe neck, so it slips down a lot and she uses a snug 2” flat right under it to keep it in place.

☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juliall » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:53 am

baby girl is back to peeing blood again so once again on antibiotics. Wish I could do more for her. Darn those kidneys.

She's being fed Hills CD and has Potassium Citrate and Cranberry Extract supplements. Does anyone have other ideas on what I can give supplement wise or food wise for her?

I am in close contact with her veterinarian as he's my boss. Just didn't know if anyone else had experienced something like this before
Last edited by juliall on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
juliall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am

Might be better to get a veterinary opinion on that ^
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:12 pm

appology wrote:
Buckley (doggo) doesn't handle my dad leaving for business trips all that well. He eats less and less, and spends most of his time gazing somberly out the window. He's a depressed little wreck, and I'm worried for him.

What should I do?

Have you thought about separation anxiety training?

Agreed. Increase the amount of exercise he's getting and do something fun with him like training or taking a walk in a new place. Maybe start feeding in puzzle toys or doling the food out through training. You could also feed something extra yummy too.

Dog Food Withdraws Smucker's has withdrawn the following canned dog food brands...

Gravy Train
Kibble 'N Bits
Ol' Roy
Skippy

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/smucker-withdraws-multiple-dog-food-brands/
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm

My current mode as a Kestrel photo. 😂

Trying to get everyone fed and watered along with packing up everything for the trip was a mess! Thought I was going to lose my mind trying to get everything together! The dogs did not help at all with their constant staring while I worked lol

Enjoy my awkward looking dog, we leave tomorrow to add another dork to the family! Wish Chewie could come, but he hates car rides and can’t be in a hotel due to his reactivity, so boarding it is! Sending him with his special blanket and his favorite chew so he should be fine!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 am

Luzien wrote:

What should I do?

your dad could wear some clothing under his normal clothing for some days, or when he does workout wear the same for two-three times then...yes it sound smelly but it is not as bad from what i did hear from some owner who did this, and it canhelp the dogs fear, and then you give it to the dog when your dad goes out of the house for some days...when he is gone for some weeks you also could bag one clothing part,and when the other did lose the smell after a week or two you can give him the second...i did hear that it works not bad with some dogs. also the dog should maybe...be worked out and tirred when he goes away for the time (depends on the dog and what you find out works best...some are bether when owner just goes out of the room like they do each day at home). so that dog is calm and relaxed....some treat or bone can help as third thing.
-i can also be used in training, also some use an smell that remind the dog of the owner or calm moment that you maybe can train into the dogs smell memory and for "stay calm relaxe training" that you can do at a lazy day at home with dog sleeping next to your dad or whoever.

easy training is out of the room( later house) and back again, and out again and back inside, with some time sitting next to the dog and reading or such,so long till the dog does not even react or look up when you your family or dad goess up and out, even with closed door and for some h.... (your start with one room and out of the room with open doors then close the door one time and open going back inside and out again and so on)..as the treat or toy or leep, is more interesting and the dog knows "my people are maybe now crazy with them walking in and out of the room or even house so much,but they always come back an may have more treats with them when i stay calm" some learn it fast other slow and other you Need o try other things.

not sure if this does help, or you understand what i did mean to tell^^

Oh my goodness!
That sounds really helpful : D
I'll ask my dad to try the first one with him the next time he leaves.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage Credits: © © ©
♥RaspberryRedPanda♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me