Deer Lovers?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Deer Lovers?

Postby carl_grimes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 am

Totqlly wrote:
Kovu_tlk wrote:As a hunter we (me and my family) only shoot deer for meat. Not for trophies, But out of that cato.Before we get into a flamewar on how bad/good hunting is, It is pretty bad to see people who kill for trophies. Not every hunter wants to do this. And those animals you see killed by hunters on t.v, the meat is given to tribes or given back to people who need it (african animals). Just trying to give a point

It is good to hunt for the meat, we are just trying to talk about the people who kill just for there antlers or there head to be hung on a wall

Another thing, If we do get big bucks we do hang them on walls but their meat is still used. Ive never shot a buck but the first one i shoot will be hung but his meat and skin will be used.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
carl_grimes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GONEXX » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 am

Kovu_tlk wrote:
Totqlly wrote:
Kovu_tlk wrote:As a hunter we (me and my family) only shoot deer for meat. Not for trophies, But out of that cato.Before we get into a flamewar on how bad/good hunting is, It is pretty bad to see people who kill for trophies. Not every hunter wants to do this. And those animals you see killed by hunters on t.v, the meat is given to tribes or given back to people who need it (african animals). Just trying to give a point

It is good to hunt for the meat, we are just trying to talk about the people who kill just for there antlers or there head to be hung on a wall

Another thing, If we do get big bucks we do hang them on walls but their meat is still used. Ive never shot a buck but the first one i shoot will be hung but his meat and skin will be used.

That's good that you use the meat unlike some people who just leave the body rotting
Just a teenage boy Canadian who loves art, feel free to pm me!
GONEXX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nicoangelo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 am

Kovu_tlk wrote:
Totqlly wrote:

i respect your right to hunt! i don't have a problem with hunter who properly use the deer and respect them, its just those who hunt for sport and for trophies i don't like.
nicoangelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sighs_alot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 am

Hunting deer is actually essential for the environment. Since deer (in the US at least) are overpopulated.
But yeah I agree that they shouldn’t be hunted just to be mounted.
Image.........

┌──────────────┐

................sighs
she/they | adult | queer | artist
nature, drawing, animals, video games,
food, plants, rain, cartoons, coffeeImage

└──────────────┘
sighs_alot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:01 am

i dont actually disagree with hunting for the purpose
      of meat, i have issues when all that is being done is
      the act of killing for the purpose of showing off one
      part of the animal and discarding the rest. if the c-
      arcass is used to it's fullest then that is good :3
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishu. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:03 am

i really adore deer. i admire their swiftness when they run. i really love the fawns. they are really adorable, and they always remind me of bambi. bambi was one of my childhood movies. in fact, bambi was the reason why deer are on my favorite animal list.

i barely see any often, but that's because i live in my city. i remember when we first went camping two years ago,(my parents and i are novice campers. this year was our second time going camping to sequoia national park) i saw a mother doe with her fawn. it was such a stellar, breathtaking sight. unfortunately, i didn't get an opportunity to take a picture of the two since we were driving in the mountains trying to get up to our campground. plus, i didn't have a camera and i forgot to tell either my mom or dad to borrow their phone in order to snap a glimpse of the stunning sight.
i apologize if my post seems a bit irrelevant to your conversation but i just wanna like uH join-
work in progress
kishu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pancates » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:03 am

Deer can be a bit of a pest and in some cases harmful so I understand the need for hunting seasons but I hate the hunting for trophies. Might as well use the meat.
Anyways, deer are interesting
Pancates

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishu. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 am

Pancates wrote:Deer can be a bit of a pest and in some cases harmful so I understand the need for hunting seasons but I hate the hunting for trophies. Might as well use the meat.
Anyways, deer are interesting

i agree. they are interesting indeed. i don't really care much about deer hunting.
work in progress
kishu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deathnile » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Deer are one of my favorite animals (I have many more of course), just because they look so majestic when they run.
deathnile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carl_grimes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Its good to see we can all agree. when I post anything about hunting there is always sometimes a flamewar. but yea, If I'm honest if I shot an animal that was considered 'exotic" Id take the skin and head but i'd give the meat to the people native to the country.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
carl_grimes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me