MISSING MOUSE (URGENT!)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

MISSING MOUSE (URGENT!)

Postby Dawnkittenz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm

I just got home about 5 minutes ago to find my mouses tank empty . She was on the bathroom floor inside a mini bathroom (like a 4 x 4 foot enclosed space) with the door closed. I accidentially left the lid propped open when I left. I was gone for about 3 hours, leaving at 5:30 and coming back around 6:40. I made sure to check the habitat thoroughly but she is not in it. I am worried she may have slipped under the crack of the door and into the second room which also has a closed door with carpet underneath, which is probably harder to slip through.

She was at the hopper stage, so like 2 inches long not including the tail.
:cry: :cry:
Please help me with suggestions on how to trap her or on common mouse hiding places!

URGENT due to the fact that we own two cats and a dog alone with a large lizard who loves eating mice.

Anything helps! Please help me get my baby back home safely! :oops:

-Dawn
𝕕𝕒𝕨𝕟
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dawn 19
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Emo <3
User since 2017 I still check in occasionally
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pets without a group are up for trade and so are “ my pets <3” but am slightly pickier

Dawnkittenz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MISSING MOUSE (URGENT!)

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:45 am

Leave the cage door open with strong smelling food.

Or count out a few pieces of their food and write the number down. place the food on a tray or in their cage and check every hour or so. If any food is missing then close your doors. the mouse is still probably there. Close doors that have enough space under them so the mouse can go under but cats, Lizards, And dogs can't get into the room. and doors that don't have enough room under there for the mouse to slip out leave them open.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MISSING MOUSE (URGENT!)

Postby fluffycat6 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am

I’m sorry you lost your mouse, I hope this helps! This is what I do to catch mice when they’re in my backyard:

Take a tall bucket and smear peanut butter on the inside edge, maybe a little lower than the top of the bucket. Then place the bucket beside something climbable, like a slanted piece of wood, or a curtain. Then hopefully when the mouse is trying to eat the peanut butter, they fall in the bucket. I’ve caught a lot of mice this way, I hope you find your mouse soon! (If you do this put it in the room where your mouse escaped into so if they get caught your other pets don’t try to eat them)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me