Any reccent news of animals being saved?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Any reccent news of animals being saved?

Postby BennyJackdaw » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:17 pm

I've felt so sad, lately. I've been trying to look for help, lately, but I've had no luck. I've been trying to look for things we're doing to save animals, but all I see when I look up on google is "Animal lovers are evil" and all of the animals that are dying out. But every time I try to ask for help from people, all I ever get is "You're not looking hard enough" or worse.

I would really like to know if there's hope for other life. Does anyone know of any recent news of animals being brought from the brink of extinction or things along those lines? Please, it would really help me feel better.
BennyJackdaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Any reccent news of animals being saved?

Postby bookshelf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 am

I don't know if you've heard of key deer or even live in the states, but these tiny guys:
Survived hurricane Irma! They only live in the florida keys, where the hurricane hit. They didn't think they'd survive, but somehow they pulled through. I've seen them in person and these deer are the cutest and tiniest animals you've ever seen.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad, I hope you can find some animal stories to cheer you up! <3

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BennyJackdaw » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Nope. Nothing. All I ever get is people trying to make me feel worse. All I see is demonization toward animals and people who care about them. I'm starting to wonder if that's what our species has become: we've become narcissistic and only care about our own species.
BennyJackdaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaliliya » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04 pm

BennyJackdaw wrote:Nope. Nothing. All I ever get is people trying to make me feel worse. All I see is demonization toward animals and people who care about them. I'm starting to wonder if that's what our species has become: we've become narcissistic and only care about our own species.

I think you should see a therapist in order to talk to them about these feelings you're having.

For cute animal stories, look up The Dodo on YouTube or Facebook :D.
One of my favorites is "Harvey the Hurricane Hawk: Scared Hawk in Taxi Finds Man Who Will Help". The Dodo has a lot of videos like this! They are really cute.
Image Image Image Image
Aaliliya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yves » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 am

i know this says about recent news, but i felt like sharing this nonetheless because it still relates to animals being rescued.

there's clearwater aquarium in tampa, florida that aims to rescue and rehabilitate marine animals, though the animal's release depends on if they'll be able to survive in the wild ( like — for example — how one orphaned dolphin was stranded with his mother, who passed away a few days after their rescue, had to permanently reside within the facility since he hadn't obtained the valid survival skills that can only be obtained through the calf's mother ). you can read more about it here if you wish to do so!

although, the facility has been pretty severely affected by hurricane irma, and donations are open to anyone who is able to do so,
    but thankfully the animals and staff team have remained safe throughout the storm.

edit: on another note, i have seen videos on youtube about animals ( predominantly dogs, i'll be honest, but an animal's an animal ) being saved from the events of recent hurricanes, which i must admit give me a warm and comforting feeling!
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enyo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 am

BennyJackdaw wrote:I've felt so sad, lately. I've been trying to look for help, lately, but I've had no luck. I've been trying to look for things we're doing to save animals, but all I see when I look up on google is "Animal lovers are evil" and all of the animals that are dying out. But every time I try to ask for help from people, all I ever get is "You're not looking hard enough" or worse.

I would really like to know if there's hope for other life. Does anyone know of any recent news of animals being brought from the brink of extinction or things along those lines? Please, it would really help me feel better.

In June, we learned about the birth of babies Eurasian lynx in Palatinate in Germany. The mother was introduced there last year. The specie was exctinct in the region since a few centuries. It's the first birth of wild Eurasian lynx in the Region since then.

On the french side of the frontier, where I live, the wolves who had also disappeared have come back, and it has been confirm they're apparently in a sufficient number to stay in the region.

Now, let's go to the other side of the world, in New Guinea. Early this year, a wild dog specie we thought exctinct has been rediscovered

And on a more personal level, this spring, while my father was going for a walk through a park, he saw two young teenage girls, who were around 11-12 years old, trying desperatelly to protect something from the cyclists driving on an alley. It was a young tit who had fallen from a tree, and the girls didn't know what to do but didn't wanted to live it alone there because it was too dangerous for the baby bird. My father helped them to save it.

There is hope for the animals, and a lot of people care about them!!!

People who think animal lovers are evil are definitely bad persons, don't listen to them.
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me