Where do you draw the line?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Postby Wolf Smoothie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:10 am

I feel like if I eat pretty much every meat that comes from an animal, but were to be against certain types of meat that comes from an animal, that would be a bit hypocritical of me.

I draw the line at cannibalism, but if I'm in a severe emergency situation, I'm not just going to let myself starve to death. If there's prey in this situation, I wouldn't eat anyone, but if not, you better watch out, lol.

If my dog was with me, I'd eat her first. Then, once I'm finished and still somehow stuck in this somewhat unrealistic situation with still no animal prey dead or alive of any kind around, I'd eat people.

In case you're wondering, I'm an atheist.
~Wolf Smoothie

I'm a proud bisexual gray wolf therian and furry.
Wolf Smoothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 am

I don't eat meat, but I don't have an issue with other people eating meat so long as it isn't cruelly obtained. Eating meat is their decision just as much as not eating meat is mine.

Culturally, other people where I live draw the line at dogs, cats, and equines. I can't really think of anything else that would get you a weird look, except perhaps insects. I've known people who would eat bugs, but not normally. It's not common around here.

Oh, and cannibalism, but that much is pretty obvious.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 1010nightflyer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

i had a lamb that i raised, her name was agnes, and i felt the worse i had ever been after i sold her. so, no lamb. probably no goat either. i don't like pigs, as in: i don't like how they behave and their personalities, so i'll eat them. steers and cattle, they're cool and all, and i've kinda been trying to cut back. fish and bugs i'll eat.

marine mammals are downright dangerous to eat though. all that mercury, bleck.
1010nightflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 am

For me I pretty much draw the line at cannibalism as well along with dogs and cats, and a few species of wild animals mainly being carnivores.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pumpkaboo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I take the line and stomp on it. There is no line.

I don't care what kind of meat you choose to eat, from fish to chicken to horse to dog.

No animal is worth more, BUT standards of care need to improve globally.
Image Comet | They/Them Image

Just an anxious queer boy on an
endless adventure to learn to love myself.
I'm enthralled by the beauty of our universe
and the stars call me home.

pumpkaboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enyo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 am

larki-darki wrote:When it comes to eating animals, that is. I'm genuinely curious. I know some cultures, for example, don't eat pork, others don't eat cow and so on, so where do you draw the line? What is socially acceptable to eat where you live & what is taboo? Would you eat a dog? How do you feel about shark meat? And so on. Discuss!

*Bit of a weird topic, I know.

My only ethical limit is that I refuse to eat endangered species, or animals that have been raised or killed in a cruel way (I'm 100% against intensive farming, and against giving animal meals to herbivores, or intensive fishing or hunting of some species for example). Also, I don't like eating baby animals very much. Otherway, I don't think the life of an animal from specific species are worth more than the life of animals for other species, and I would only not eat meet/animal if I don't like the taste or the consistency of it, or the meat of animals which could carry diseases...
Most people here are totally against eating a dog or cats (they don't even realize than not even one hundred years ago, there were butcher shops selling dog meat in my country!), and some are against eating horse meat. I'm not. I've eaten horse before (before I get bad commentaries due to that, know that some horse breeds would have become exctinct here if it was not for people consuming their meat!). I have never eaten cat or dog, I don't necessarily plan to, but if I'm one day travelling in a country where it's normal to eat those meats, I wouldn't refuse to eat them. A lot of people also wouldn't eat insects because "it's disgusting", but they have never eat insects before, and people I know who have tried insects said it was not bad (they say insects are disgusting while they eat snails... Why snails would be less disgusting than insects?).
I could consider becoming vegetarian, but not excluding only one or two types of meats from my alimentation for sentimental reasons only, that's against my beliefs that all living creatures are equals.

(Of course, there also are people here who are not eating some meats like pork for religious reasons, I respect that. It's not my case... It's quite the contrary, I eat pork, a lot of culinary specialties of the regions where my family is from since many generations are made with pork.)
Last edited by Enyo on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☹pastelparade☹ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 am

Pilate wrote:I draw the line at cannibalism.

Same
☹pastelparade☹

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Requiem; » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Personally, I don't like most meat all that much. I was raised not eating red meat because my father deemed it unholy. I'm not a religious person, but because I never got a taste for it I just don't like it. I eat hamburgers and kosher hot dogs, but beyond that I really only like chicken, and some types of turkey.

I guess I'll eat beef if its being served to me, but I'm physically repulsed by pork so that's a hard no for me.

Beyond those I've tried lamb, duck, all kinds of seafood, rabbit, rattlesnake, and deer, but I don't like any of it. I'm just not big on meat in general.

Theo | They/Them | Adult
Only active for art related things

xxxxxxzzxImage
Requiem;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 am

I'll eat most things. I wouldn't want to eat any kind of pets (for me that would be dogs, cats, and horses) though I might try it if it was in front of me. ...Maybe.
    I won't turn it down but I don't like to eat octopus when I get seafood. Apparently they're super smart, so it weirds me out to think about killing and eating them. Even though they taste really good.
    There's certain parts of animals I might try once just for the hell of it, but wouldn't make a habit of it. Like hooves, tongues, tendon, etc... it's just weird.

And mountain oysters. NO.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm willing to try all sorts of meats, yes, even dog and cat. I've had deer, moose, bear, bison and boar when it comes to exotics. I've also eaten the meats you can find at the grocery store, turkey, chicken, beef, lamb. The only pork I can eat though is bacon, any other type of pork repulses me. The smell, the taste, everything. I've also really wanted to eat kangaroo, which are basically the deer of Australia, I've been told. Heck, I'd even try eating bugs, though what's held me back is that some people have said they taste fishy, which I can't handle.

I also can't eat any type of seafood, as that flavor disgusts me as well.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me