Cool animals you've spotted?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cool animals you've spotted?

Postby Sabrina Carpenter » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm

I have been bitten by a wolf before, but I still love them

I've seen an Okapi before too.
Sabrina Carpenter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoomyPanda » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:20 pm

I intern at a local wildlife preserve. Recently, we were testing macroinvertebrates in the ponds (seeing what kinds of tiny larvae are in the water and what that says about the water quality) and when we were heading back, the leader of our group stopped suddenly. I looked into the grass to see the tiniest baby painted turtle I'd ever laid eyes upon. They were only one week old!!! One!! Week!!! Old!!!

The little turtle was heading to the pond we just tested from another smaller pond, the one they probably hatched at. We carried them over and set them down by the bigger pond they were headed to (there are other painted turtles there). =)
"So when walking, walk with our whole being. When sitting, sit with our whole being. When standing, stand with our whole being.
When speaking, truly be there. Speak with the whole of our being."
DoomyPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixofMist » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 am

I was recently on vacation in Germany and right over our hotel balcony, there was a swallows nest! I loved to watch the mother and the father take turns caring for the three cute little babies after a long day of walking. I hope they are still doing well. :D
PhoenixofMist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger33621 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 am

I once saw a full sized rattle snake when I was at my cousins house.in was in there yard. Boy, it was a bigie.
I also saw a wild peacock just prancing around. Wild peacocks are quite rare here and an emu.
Image. Please feed him he is very hungry :)
Tiger33621

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me