Betta Fish Owner Chat V.1

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Betta Fish Owner Chat V.1

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:04 am

NOTE: I DID SEE THE FISH LOVERS CHAT. I ALSO SAW THE PITBULL CHAT, SO MAYBE I CAN MAKE THE BETTA CHAT HERE.

βɛттα Ѳωиɛя cнαт

Image Above Taken By Me

Clowseia wrote:Players of CS are not veterinary trained, they are not certified to give you any kind of medical advice that concerns your pets, strays or wild animals. If you are worried about your pet, it seems in pain, bleeding or physically injured or otherwise, please take it to a vet. If there is an injured wild animal on your property, contact animal control. Do not approach it as it may attack you out of fright and/or pain or transfer diseases. Leave it to a trained professional to capture and care for it.

Bad advice can kill your pet.

Cardinal wrote:Eh, fish really do not have vets until you get into professional aqauriums. Aquarist that have been in the hobby for years are a wealth of priceless information and for pet fish really the only place for information reguarding health and nutrition. Pet stores unless a specialty aqaurium store are not a great place for care information. There are tried and true methods of dealling and diagnosing various illnesses in pet fish. Cats? Vet. Dogs? Vet. Fish? Nearly impossible to find and accepted community wide to find solutions using the knowledge of those with exprience

If you don't have a betta, go to the Fish Lovers Section. Here
You can talk about other fish there :)

"What fish do you own, Sunny?"

My betta fish is called Ayki. (pronounced AI-KEE) I am so proud to own him, and he's been in my tank for one year. I currently don't have any photos of him, so I'll upload later.

"What food should I get? What do you feed your fish?"

I can't answer that question clearly.

"My fish is sick."

Do not ask any of us for medical help. Go get a vet or an expert offline. Most of us don't know alot about bettas. Check quotes above for more info.

"My dog is cute."

This topic is only for Betta fish. Please post anything about dogs on the dog thread, here

"My betta is bored, can I get him some toys?"

Of course. I got a plastic hoop and put it in my tank, my fish loves swimming through it. String is also great for bettas, my old betta fish LOVED to chase it around. Also, you can put colored ping-pong balls in your tank, but make sure to ALWAYS wash anything before putting them into your fish tank. Unclean items can poison your fish.
Things like legos will not be acceptable into your tank. My brother had a fish named Mister Colourful and he died due to poisoning in his tank. My older betta fish lived a great life, but he died for some unknown reason. I was being a little dumb and I didn't ask the vet for help.

DO NOT WASH ANYTHING WITH SOAP. SOAP IS TOXIC FOR YOUR FISH.
Thanks to Peachfuzz for reminding me! Check out his Fish Lovers Thread.

"Eww my fish smells terrible!"

Your fish might be dead. Don't ask for any medical advice here.

"I have a different question!"

Don't ask for any medical advice, make sure to read all threads stickied or papercliped by moderators first. Feel free to ask any other question relating to fish. Plus, share your pictures too!

IF THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE DELETED OR LOCKED, PLEASE DO SO.
Last edited by Sunny! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

link
link
link
link
link
©

I’m not as active as I used to be, I’ll be here for big events such as Christmas and Summer.

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Betta Fish Owner Chat V.1

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:08 am

Roster

Ayki, betta to .CillBipher. pinkish scales.
View Link for this person's fish: here
Last edited by Sunny! on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

link
link
link
link
link
©

I’m not as active as I used to be, I’ll be here for big events such as Christmas and Summer.

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 am

bump-

link
link
link
link
link
©

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 am

Bump

link
link
link
link
link
©

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Eh, fish really do not have vets until you get into professional aqauriums. Aquarist that have been in the hobby for years are a wealth of priceless information and for pet fish really the only place for information reguarding health and nutrition. Pet stores unless a specialty aqaurium store are not a great place for care information. There are tried and true methods of dealling and diagnosing various illnesses in pet fish. Cats? Vet. Dogs? Vet. Fish? Nearly impossible to find and accepted community wide to find solutions using the knowledge of those with exprience
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Cardinal wrote:Eh, fish really do not have vets until you get into professional aqauriums. Aquarist that have been in the hobby for years are a wealth of priceless information and for pet fish really the only place for information reguarding health and nutrition. Pet stores unless a specialty aqaurium store are not a great place for care information. There are tried and true methods of dealling and diagnosing various illnesses in pet fish. Cats? Vet. Dogs? Vet. Fish? Nearly impossible to find and accepted community wide to find solutions using the knowledge of those with exprience

Thanks for advice-

link
link
link
link
link
©

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I agree with Cardinal.^^ People often ask for medical advice on the fish lovers thread and a moderator has never said it's an issue so I don't think it's against the rules. c:

You may want to add a note not to use soap next to the part about washing items before they go in the tank. Soap is very toxic to fish and any residue can be deadly.

Your betta is very pretty! I like his name.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunny! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:22 pm

PeachFuzz wrote:I agree with Cardinal.^^ People often ask for medical advice on the fish lovers thread and a moderator has never said it's an issue so I don't think it's against the rules. c:

You may want to add a note not to use soap next to the part about washing items before they go in the tank. Soap is very toxic to fish and any residue can be deadly.

Your betta is very pretty! I like his name.

Thank you!-

link
link
link
link
link
©

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ditalini » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm

I own my betta, "Bleu" we are going on a whole month together, he's great. Betta fish are the only fish I have found that actually sort of interact with you! But I have noticed Bleu has been losing his tail, so I've been treating his water with BettaFix. I'm hoping it will work. Also I always wash his tank with soft soap and very little of it. Does anyone use the little lounge leaf for their Betta? Mine never uses his but it might be because of the filter's current.
ditalini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:36 pm

imagine~life~2017 wrote:I own my betta, "Bleu" we are going on a whole month together, he's great. Betta fish are the only fish I have found that actually sort of interact with you! But I have noticed Bleu has been losing his tail, so I've been treating his water with BettaFix. I'm hoping it will work. Also I always wash his tank with soft soap and very little of it. Does anyone use the little lounge leaf for their Betta? Mine never uses his but it might be because of the filter's current.

Bettafix isnt good to use, it contain tea tree oils which can coat the labrynth organ which can suffocate them. Losing a tail is either from tail rot which is a bacterial infection caused by poor tank conditions, tail biting normally caused by stress, or shredding from a sharp object. Either way keep the water very clean with small dailly water changes, raise the temps, and add a small amount of aquarium salt.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes