Giunea Pig help?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Giunea Pig help?

Postby Slabby » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:26 am

Hello , recently I bought a giunea pig from a breeder his name is wilbert <3
I only had Wilbert for a week and he is my first , I often tend to raise gerbils instead of larger rodent ;^;
But this time I wanted something a bit different wilbert is really nice but just this morning I woke up and found a issue:

▪he has a patch on his cheek with no fur
■this patch Is flacky and dry
■the patch is white and doesn't seem to be spreading
■ I thought it was mites but he doesn't seem to be scratching

He unfortunately won't let me take a picture and I don't want to stress the bab out but this is what he looks like:

If you could help me find out what it is before I freak out that would be nice :3
Is it possibly dandruff and all I need to do is give him a extra bath or is it something else?
Do I have the most Dwarf Hamsters on all of Chicken Smoothie yet?
Slabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Giunea Pig help?

Postby Lonin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 am

He's cute! c:

That would be something you need to talk to a vet about. Could be anything from ringworm to mites or lice or something else. No one on CS is qualified to diagnose your guinea pig.

Remember that guinea pigs are social herd animals that do best in pairs. You need to be getting him a same sex or neutered friend for him to live with c:
You also don't need to bathe guinea pigs unless they're dirty and can't be wiped clean, or for some sort of treatment. Guinea pigs are like cats, they clean themselves. If you must bathe him then don't do it more than every few months or you could damage his skin.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Giunea Pig help?

Postby Raire » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Clowesia wrote:Players of CS are not veterinary trained, they are not certified to give you any kind of medical advice that concerns your pets, strays or wild animals.

If you are worried about your pet, it seems in pain, bleeding or physically injured or otherwise, please take it to a vet. [...]

Bad advice can kill your pet.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups