Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What sort of dog out of these?

Pug
7%
Labrador
10%
Husky
24%
Chihuahua
7%
German Shepherd/Alsatian
25%
Pit Bull
19%
Cocker Spaniel
8%

Total votes : 369

Re: Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Postby Skyweaver » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:31 pm

I absolutely love Australian shepherds, Samoyeds, Scottish terriers, Minatare Schnauzers, and corgis!! Okay, I know that's more than one but it's so hard to choose. :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skyweaver
She/her pronouns
I love horses, dogs, and hamsters:3
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, are you telling me
you built a time machine out of a DeLorean?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Click my eggs!
ImageImageImageImage
Skyweaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hookfang » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 am

Pomeranians - small, round, smart, fluffy, occasionally evil. 10/10, no notes.
dealing w something heavy - still working through my art queue it’ll just take me a bit longer than usual

xxxx
xxxx
x artfight x art shop x
hookfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeFluer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:34 am

Doberman Pinscher-

Intelligent, sweet, velcro puppies with scary dog privileges when walking ^-^

Im also bias because i have a 2 year old dobie baby
I love my ember girl so much shes so sweet and persistent smh

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗

|| H: FR/C$ UFT || ISO WISHLISTS || SEND TRADES || MY THREAD ||

╚═════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ═════╝

ImageImage
LeFluer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leachface » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 am

My one and true love in the dog breed world is always going to be Dachsunds. My boy Tucker won my heart, very loving, smart, loyal, and talkative breed. He loves playing, saying goodnight, he knows all the meal time words by heart, his favorite words aside from Cookie, just so happens to be my name which cracks me up. He’s too precious.
Definitely recommend the weenie dog to anyone who wants a loyal, loving companion.

Bertholdt Hoover is the best <3
leachface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:29 pm

labrador retriever

quick learners
      eager to please
      not prone to ssa/da/ha
      low maintenance coat
      can do just about anything

in general, they're probably the most versatile breed. they're amazing dogs.
xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RosieGem15 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:25 am

GOLDEN RETIVER ALL DA WAY but cockerspainliel is 2nd place!!

DAY ALL FLOOOOOFY YAS
RosieGem15

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorcatKitty » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:29 am

Australian Shepherds. I had a mixed one when I was lil. Her name was Super Sweetie <3

Huskies are second just cause they are the funny pretty dogs to watch OTHER people own hehe
my memory is the worst, so if you believe i have forgotten art, payment, or anything, please send me a message and remind me!!

Call me Autumn or Wolf !! <3
✨t1 diabetic||ey/em/she/her/they/them||ND||therian✨

please use tone tags with me <3
interests atm: Cartoons/Animation (specifically hyperfixated on hazbin hotel atm), Drawing, Animal Jam, WolfQuest, Warrior Cats.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
everyone go gift Haze rn they are the bestest friend ever <3
✨🌕✨
"late at night, when the stars don't look quite right..."
Image Image Image

WarriorcatKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lights.Out » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:27 pm

The list is like, a mile long it’s insane
That’s the downfall of working at an animal hospital, I see all these amazing dogs come in of different breeds and decide that I NEED one someday
Here’s a list of some of my favorites tho!
- Golden Retrievers: so amazing, idc that they’re basic I LOVE THEM, every single one I’ve met is just so sweet
- German Shepherds: literally gorgeous? And they’re so smart
- Japanese Chins: I’m biased, one of my dogs is a chin so I can’t help but love them
- Literally any bully breed: I’ve always had a soft spot for them, they’re usually SO SWEET and they’re so cute (also biased cause my other dog is a little rescue pit mix)
- Chihuahuas: I KNOW they get a lot of hate, but they’re so good and SO PRECIOUS
- Rotties: need need need omg they’re gorgeous and just the BIGGEST BABIES
-honorable mentions: basically all flat faced breeds, I know they’re poorly bred and all that but I have a soft spot for them honestly

Honestly you can assume like, half the existing breeds are on my list of breeds I want to own one day
✧˖°.⁺‧˚ ♡ ˚‧⁺ ✧˖°.
⭒ she/her ⭒
⭒ adult ⭒
⭒ ISTJ ⭒
⭒ aries ⭒
⭒ lioden; Broccoli Purée #414274 ⭒
Lights.Out

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:03 pm

I have a few. I'll save my ultimate number one for last.

Places 2 and onwards;
Saluki - absolutely gorgeous breed!
Irish Setter - gorgeous breed and I love that dark ginger coat! Plus their fur movement!
German Shepard - always had a thing for them. I actually used to want one so bad until I found my niche and one true love in the dog world. Still adore them though.
Teacup Longhaired Chihuahua- now I can not stand these little buggers and not a huge fan of toy sized breeds as a general rule. HOWEVER! I do make exceptions for long haired teacups of this breed because oh my god are they precious! I credit a family friend getting one for this small change of heart.
Golden Retrevier - yeah I know standard and a total 'like duh! Of course!' kind of thing but sorry not sorry. I love Goldies and always will.
Dachshund - I like a little less then a handful of small dogs as a medium/large dog person, and this breed is one of the few I love. I mean just look at them. They are so cute and easy to love, even my non-small breed tempered self falls for them. Plus naming one Sizzles or Peebles.....yeah. Enough said.
Standard Irish Schnauzer - this one shocked my family but I do love them, which may or may not partially be due to Lady and the Tramp. The last small, or somewhat small, breed of dog on my list, and most especially the black ones.

#1;
Black Labrador Retrevier.
My babies. My Familiar. My Spirit Animal/Animal Guide. What may your tastes be, these creatures are my everything and always will be. I love all Labs, but my unchallenged fave is without question the Black Labs with Yellow Labs coming in a close second. (The Chocolate ones always just seem dull and dusty to me for some reason....)

It nuts to think about for me because I never had dogs for like the first little over a decade of my life. But the moment I adopted, and named because I picked his new name, a Lab/Pitt Mix from a shelter I was dead in the water. Gone. Out of the park never to return. I fell HARD! Incredible family dogs. The most sweet things with even temper you have ever seen. Gorgeous coat. Smart. Protective. Loyal. Cuddles. I could go on and on. I am now on my second Black Lab/Pitt Mix shelter rescue and love her so much.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goldevines » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:08 am

i have a few different favorites!

standard poodles
    they might be my heart breed, honestly. i love how versatile the breed is, in not only looks but what they're able to do. there is such a huge variety of poodles out there, due to all the color and pattern options, as well as the size. additionally, they're incredibly biddable and intelligent.

silken windhounds & borzois
    i absolutely love the look of all sighthounds, but silkens and borzois are probably my favorite. silkens have such goofy personalities, while borzois are just idk regal? i love both of these breeds a lot, and i would love to start owning sighthounds eventually!

(smooth and rough) collies
    i just love these dogs, they're so gorgeous. from what i've heard of their temperament, they seem like very sensitive, yet sweet, dogs.
❝ there's no such thing as "bad guys" or "good guys." we're all just...guys. ❞

viridian / he/wolf/they / infj 2w1

───────
goldevines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me