Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Skysong » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

Thor has a new collar. He just doesn’t know it yet 😂
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ligning » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Elvis my 8 week old labrador puppy is finally here. And gosh what a model he is ^.^ In the link you can find just 3 pictures of my handsome lab ^.^
It is clear that I must find my other half. But is it a he or a she? What does this person look like? Identical to me? Or somehow complementary? Does my other half have what I don't? Did he get the looks? The luck? The love? Were we really separated forceably or did he just run off with the good stuff? Or did I? Will this person embarrass me? Can two people actually become one again?

ligning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:52 am

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Embark test kit to find out what my little snow-gremlin is.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:58 am

Taiger Lilly wrote:Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Embark test kit to find out what my little snow-gremlin is.
-snip-

I'm excited for you! And look at those short little legs <3
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXocea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 am

Olive's looking quite wack, lol!! There's probably going to be quite a few surprises in her DNA. Maybe it'll say she's part Great Dane or something else that's really ridiculous!

Or maybe she just has so much in her that they cannot detect any large amounts of one breed, and she's just full of mixes.
    I'm really excited to see your results. Any idea when they'll come in?
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am

It's gonna be a while I think. 5-7 days for the kit to arrive, however long it takes to get back to their lab, and then 6-8 weeks to get the results! (ugh so long)

She definitly has at an absolute minimum of 4 breeds in there, that's why we went with Embark as it seems to do a bit better with supermutts than others. Plus I wanted the health testing, cause lets face it, she kinda looks like a genetic disaster anyways (but a cute one, I think ❤)

There's not many breeds I would be suprised by.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:28 am

Taiger Lilly wrote:It's gonna be a while I think. 5-7 days for the kit to arrive, however long it takes to get back to their lab, and then 6-8 weeks to get the results! (ugh so long)

She definitly has at an absolute minimum of 4 breeds in there, that's why we went with Embark as it seems to do a bit better with supermutts than others. Plus I wanted the health testing, cause lets face it, she kinda looks like a genetic disaster anyways (but a cute one, I think ❤)

There's not many breeds I would be suprised by.

How tall is she?

In the snow she looks the size of a Corgi. 😂😂
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:54 am

I can't say for sure, never measured her.. but I'd say she is taller than a corgi while still being shorter than a 'normal' dog.
https://i.imgur.com/7xBazHU.jpg
the snow isn't deep in that one
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 am

The legs remind me of a short legged breed like a Corgi or Basset. while the rest looks Husky or Australian Shepherd... maybe border collie..
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MythicalWoods » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:02 am

fixation wrote:i thought it would be interesting to see what kind of dog breed(s) would suite me best, i'm very curious.
Have you had dogs before? What breeds? yes! a malamute, a pitbull, a golden retriever/gsd mix, boxen/walker coonhound and a mutt
Are there any breeds that have already caught your eye? If so, why? not really any specific breed ^^
How much time a day do you have to devote to training your dog? i'm able to spend any time im not asleep training a dog, which is anywhere from 12-14 hours
What kind of grooming needs are you prepared to handle? i'm fully prepared for tons of shedding, with lots of brushes and dog combs and time to dedicate to brushing and any other grooming needs (and lots of experience grooming dogs with different kinds of fur)
What kind of energy level are you looking for? not extremely high energy, a dog with enough energy to play and hike for at least a few hours !
What do you plan on doing with your dog? nature hiking, playing outside (fetch and running mainly), going for walks in the neighborhood, and cuddling of course.
What size dog are you wanting? medium to very large
What age dog are you looking for? anywhere from 1-6 years old
What kind of livestyle do you live? (Active, couch potato etc) i spend a fair amount of time in bed but i'm often out hiking and walking

maybe a Spanish water dog or a labradoodle?
╔══════════════════════╗
Links:
diary//
youtube//
╚══════════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════════╗
hi everyone- my name's est, i'm pretty much retired at this point and love to gift. shoot me a message whenever. dream pets are the pink sorbet, aquarius zodiac, and hollyleaf cat.
╚═══════════════════════╝
MythicalWoods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me