Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby maninkari » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm

halogen. wrote:I think Iams is a pretty decent dog food. Xeno is on it right now. Xeno has lost 35lbs while on it. And while that may not seem like much, for a dog who on most days wants to laze around and constantly eat and beg, I think that's pretty good ?

Xeno's old owners used to just fill up a big bucket everyday and let him go at it, but now I feed him 2 cups of food(always measured, never guessed) twice a day. We take him on hikes whenever we go and two long walks everyday, three if I can get him to. With training, treats are used very sparsly, as in almost none. My daughter likes to 'accidentally' drop food and while this maybe OK with Vashti and Spade, not with Xeno, he goes in the crate at mealtimes now.

I don't buy from Chewy, but this is the exact dog food that I get:
https://www.chewy.com/iams-proactive-he ... lsrc=aw.ds

I liked Iams when JJ was on it too. It made Pete sick, but my friend's dog isn't nearly as sensitive as Pete.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Took Chess to Diablo's training class today due to her vet appointment schedule and my mom being with a relative across town.

I was really concerned about having the two together but Diablo actually liked her! He's twice as big and all muscle and she nuzzled him and he just sat there soaking up the attention. I think these trains classes are improving his mood and social skills.
Called mom and told her we were walking home because it was really nice out. A couple passed us with their four year old son who was really scared of Diablo but I held his harness and assured him it was ok. After a few seconds,he petted him and laughed, Diablo looked like he would have laughed too if he could.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 pm

my pup just for spayed two weeks and and these two weeks have been rough. her cone is filthy, cracked, smelly and now has various residues on it from all sorts of stuff.

her neck is SO greasy from not bathing for three weeks now. she's a border collie so her fur is just growing and growing... apparently she seems to have more of a rough coat than we thought!

I need to post some photos of her, perhaps in her matching Halloween costume with one of the cats.

my mom finally has gotten used to the dog and actually likes the dog, so she spoils her sooo bad. she gets her several toys a week sometimes!! :lol: my dog lives off attention and will do anything FOR attention. what a dork.

One of my friends is finally starting to spay their animals coming up soon. they used to advoid it because it was "wrong" but they aren't breeders so there was NO reason to keep the dogs unspayed, especially since they often don't use leashes and their dogs do not know any commands... hopefully their possibly pregnant cat will set their heads straight. (Let me add they wanted to use their dogs for breeding for money a few years ago...)

@middy

kes is dog goals. I always stalk this thread for kes photos ;)
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 am

I took JJ out early this morning to get some pictures in the fog. It was a lot of fun, we went to some of the places I used to take Duke. She's a tired puppy now though. When she's in heat she only has two moods, "spastic running all over the place barking puppy" and "sleepy cuddly puppy".

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am

anyone's dogs have trick titles? how did you go about getting the titles?

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝑠𝘩𝑒/𝘩𝑒𝑟
═════
█████
─────

═════

───────────────────
hi! my name is shadow &
i am a dog enthusiast &
writer! artist, roleplayer.
pms open!!
═══════════
TH ✧ art ✧ link here ✧ ©
───────────────────

shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Day 9! Theme: Orange

Didn't have any real ideas today so I tossed a orange bandana on her and went through some tricks and heel work lol. This was during a peek-a-boo trick. I also got some rebound photos I'll post soon! I love this photo since it shows that look she gets when she looks at me. I imagine I get the exact same look haha.

Red panda- Haha thank you! I will admit she's kinda awesome sometimes

Shadow- Mine don't have the titles (too cheap to pay for a piece of paper lol) but personally I like to see videos of the tricks for each title rather than just having someone sign off on it. Feels more legit that way. Otherwise you can get all the way to the top level without knowing a single trick as long as you have someone to lie for you.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:29 pm

^That's a great and creative shot, really shows her love and devotion, or at least her interest in training, lol. The orange really pops and brings out the tan in her face.

Chloe has an appointment with her cardiologist tomorrow. Her regular vet said her heart murmur didn't sound any worse, but I always hold my breath till the echocardiogram is over. Wish her good health please. I wish all your dogs the same.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 am

We went to a dog show on Sunday! Unfortunately, Mary didn't win anything, but it was fun and she had a go at flyball! We really need to work on dropping the ball, because she discovered that holding the ball and running away was a fun game 😂 it's a shame, because she's been consistently dropping balls on our walks.
    She also got a new collar! You can't see much of it here, but it's a rainbow 😍
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bowi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 am

I have a tricolor Border collie blue merle and a french mastiff x Old english bulldog.

I am just teaching the border collie 'touch training' Meaning he will do tricks according to touches around the body,

Until now i have teached him that one tap on the shoulder is sit,

Two taps on the shoulder is lie down,
And to lead your hand over his head to his chin is "walk with," or come "come with"

He's deaf..
Anyone have any tips on teaching him these tactics? He already knows hand signs.
Kinda struggling with him, And 'clickers' don't work that well with deaf dogs.
Last edited by Bowi on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can feel it in the earth,
smell it in the air,
the world is different.

'Why do I get them- Why do they get me?'
    "It's our magic, it tethers us to them, our arcanum is shared."
    'I don't like them'
    "They aren't like us."
    'I'm scared, keep them away? just for the night.'
    "Always, Moonlight."
Bowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am

Any potty training tips? Aika is around 6 months now and seems to have one accident a day. She has gone a day without an accident two or three times though.

We did start her on potty pads because she couldn't go outside for two weeks due to her spay. So is this normal because of that? I'm thinking of getting a potty bell. She doesn't really give us any sign she needs to go.... or if she does I don't see it (my vision is really poor).

I currently:
- Crate her at bedtime
- Bring her out right away in the morning
- Feed/water her at specific times
- Keep her confined to the hallway when we aren't playing, cuddling, training, ect. (It's not super big, it's probably twice the size of a playpen)
- Crate her for 20 minutes after eating
- Take her out every two hours for 15 minutes+ (she usually goes right away but I walk her and let her explore a bit)
- Give her a much bigger reward/praise than I do for normal good behavior
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me