Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby IcedAntimony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 pm

She was so happy when I got home today. Not pictured: Lola jealous that I was paying more attention to Daisy then her.
Attachments
Resized_20171206_141848(1).jpeg
Resized_20171206_141848(1).jpeg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 71 times
I'm back, but I won't be able to be as active as before.
IcedAntimony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:55 am

I am a bit irritated there is this girl at my college who has medical alert dog that has a head harness that is way too tight for him. She keeps saying that it's not too tight and is in denial. But Poor dog keeps pawing at it cause it is fitted improperly. Even the people who aren't familiar with head harnesses and a few teachers from anthrozoology department agree the harness is too tight but any attempts to help this girl out have been in vain cause she's too stubborn.

This is a trained service animal mind you and she's using the head harness all wrong. People have tried to correct her but she insists her poodle German shepherd mix who doesn't look like he has any shepherd in him is wearing his harness properly and it's not too tight.

She treats that dog well but she doesn't understand that her dogs head harness is way too tight.

I feel so bad for Ollie that is her service dogs name, he's a gorgeous dog with an owner who doesn't understand how a head harness works.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Rudolph; wrote:Have you ever went into the store with no intention to buy anything for your dog and come out with something for your dog?

Happened to me.

[img]h[/img]
He got a Christmas bandana today.

All the time. That bandana is adorable.
-

Pupper got bounce. She is her father's daughter, Duke loved jumping more than anything else lol. She's really good at waiting for her "get it" command.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ligning » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:07 am

Hello strangers!
I have never been on this thread before, but I'm a big dog enthusiast and grew up surrounded by dogs. Unfortunately my house wasn't fit. It was a small house in the middle of the city and my parents both had full time jobs +a kid in the age range of 1-8. So all the care of the dog would come onto me, which I couldn't bare with personal health. But recently we moved to the countryside and my mother's work cooled down, we have more room, more time, and my younger brother reached a more senseable age.
Now I'd first of all like to say my family has been discussing and argueing about a dog for years, finally everyone's behind getting one and this is not an impulsive decision so next was the question, shelter or breeder?
My mother preferred a rehoming dog, but in our situation it would be fitted best to get our dog used to everything from week 8.
We called a few breeding registration groups in our country and eventually got called back by a labrador breeder, who has 1 nest every 2 yeard. She has 8 gorgeous black labs available and I'm proud to say we're going to go this sundaymorning to pick a male out.
The little puppy will come to his new home here after christmas, before new year, and I have to say I couldn't be more excited!
It is clear that I must find my other half. But is it a he or a she? What does this person look like? Identical to me? Or somehow complementary? Does my other half have what I don't? Did he get the looks? The luck? The love? Were we really separated forceably or did he just run off with the good stuff? Or did I? Will this person embarrass me? Can two people actually become one again?

ligning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ayeyuh » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 am

Anybody here have a senior dog? My baby is a seven year-old Basset Hound. He's got a lot of grey, unfortunately. Not to mention he has a gimp in one of his front legs. He's a bit wonky, but I love him.

"The pack is the only thing I need to survive in this world."
Ayeyuh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:58 am

Ayeyuh wrote:Anybody here have a senior dog? My baby is a seven year-old Basset Hound. He's got a lot of grey, unfortunately. Not to mention he has a gimp in one of his front legs. He's a bit wonky, but I love him.

I've got three senior dogs in my house!

My moms dog is 9
My dads dog is 11
My brothers dog is 7
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:03 am

Ayeyuh wrote:Anybody here have a senior dog? My baby is a seven year-old Basset Hound. He's got a lot of grey, unfortunately. Not to mention he has a gimp in one of his front legs. He's a bit wonky, but I love him.

I have a golden retriever who’s almost 10 :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 am

My dog is 12! He's got a bad back leg, but most days he gets around fairly well. He's been to the vet and it'd cost a lot of money to get an MRI done to see if it's a tumor or herniated disc; he isn't a good candidate for surgery due to his age, how rough the surgery would be, and him being a diabetic.

Do you know why your dog has a gimp? Does he just limp or does he knuckle it (drags the top of his paw on the ground and doesn't seem to know where to put down his paw)?
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:20 am

ligning wrote:Hello strangers!
I have never been on this thread before, but I'm a big dog enthusiast and grew up surrounded by dogs. Unfortunately my house wasn't fit. It was a small house in the middle of the city and my parents both had full time jobs +a kid in the age range of 1-8. So all the care of the dog would come onto me, which I couldn't bare with personal health. But recently we moved to the countryside and my mother's work cooled down, we have more room, more time, and my younger brother reached a more senseable age.
Now I'd first of all like to say my family has been discussing and argueing about a dog for years, finally everyone's behind getting one and this is not an impulsive decision so next was the question, shelter or breeder?
My mother preferred a rehoming dog, but in our situation it would be fitted best to get our dog used to everything from week 8.
We called a few breeding registration groups in our country and eventually got called back by a labrador breeder, who has 1 nest every 2 yeard. She has 8 gorgeous black labs available and I'm proud to say we're going to go this sundaymorning to pick a male out.
The little puppy will come to his new home here after christmas, before new year, and I have to say I couldn't be more excited!

Yaaay! Sounds like you're going to be a great owner for that puppy!
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IcedAntimony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:58 am

Daisy's almost 8, and Lola's almost 7.
I'm back, but I won't be able to be as active as before.
IcedAntimony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me